Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Converter (for the new cartography)

Originally posted by throx
    EQAtlas: Did you actually look at the book? I seriously have to doubt it because the Maps of Myrist are completely different to those found on the EQAtlas site.
    Yeah the maps aren't anything like the one on EQAtlas. Basically all Sony stole from EQAtlas was the name (sort of)...
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Originally posted by S_B_R

Yeah the maps aren't anything like the one on EQAtlas. Basically all Sony stole from EQAtlas was the name (sort of)...
    And his ability to find a reseller for a book version of his site *GRUMBLE*. Basically, once EQ came out with their "EQ Atlas" he couldn't find anyone to publish a version of his website in book format.
    - Raistlin

Originally posted by throx
    I've heard it's on test at the moment if you want to look at it.
    it is on test buy only for people that were invited to the beta... so if you didn't get the invite email then you can't see it yet.

Originally posted by Raistlin

What do you mean "automap"...can you expand on this a bit? does this mean that the map window isn't immediately filled in with the zone...what's this about lines being drawn...you mean a line between where you are and a particular point on the map?

More details please (This is the feature i've been waiting on to base my decission to purchase or not) if you can of course..
    when you first get the map up there is nothing on it (unless you have grabbed the converted maps i did <see link above>) essentially automap treats you like the pencil... anywhere you walk a line is drawn... but you'll only need this if you want to add something to the maps.

if you take the ones that i have.. put them in your maps directory then log into eq and click on the map button... turn of z filtering and zoom out a bit <default is zoomed all the way int> then you will have a nice line drawing of the map and a little arrow that represents where you are in the zone and what direction you are facing.
    -Cattj

Basically, once EQ came out with their "EQ Atlas" he couldn't find anyone to publish a version of his website in book format.
    Well I think he waited to long myself. Also his maps and extra information is much, much better than SOE's Map book if you ask me. Also SOE's book is filled with errors.
    -AlphaBeta

It was tongue in cheek mostly.. no paranoia here.

But.. the mapping utility is almost exactly like seqs, no kidding there.

Oh.. and do the converted maps show the grid lines?
    Last edited by Fatal; 02-13-2003 at 01:45 PM.

FWIW a screenshot ripped from the monk site, although I suspect it may have originally been ripped from someone here.

http://pub147.ezboard.com/fmonklybus...ID=36964.topic

Also, I have a question. With regards to the arrow on the map that represents you...Does this arrow move around as you do? In other words, does it move around like SEQ? If it sdoes, while it will never replace SEQ, it would certainly be a nice addition for those times when SEQ is "broken".

yes it moves around as you do.
    -Cattj

it is on test buy only for people that were invited to the beta... so if you didn't get the invite email then you can't see it yet.
    Thanks for the correction. Had a person in guild chatting to us about seeing it on test but I didn't realize it was beta only.

I wonder if we'll see a "Gnomish Mob Detector" in the next expansion that puts little blips on your map where it finds mobs, possibly out to a certain range (which would obviously be higher for trackers)...

Um, links?

Um, what happened to the tool and the map links? Why were they removed?

EDIT: Never mind, it would help if i'd RTFP (Read the ...um...post)
    Last edited by Raistlin; 02-13-2003 at 02:40 PM.
    - Raistlin

read the message.. at the bottom

Originally posted by cattj
    i took out the url because of
    a) the hijacking of this link without any credit what so ever
    and
    b) the fact that they started to generate way too much traffic.

if you would like these utils feel free to PM me
    -Cattj

Originally posted by cattj
    read the message.. at the bottom

Yea, RTFP, I noticed that just after posting, my bad.
    - Raistlin

the new links are up

you can get the utility here:

http://www.eq-toolbox.com

thanks again to Fatal and eq-toolbox for the hosting.
    -Cattj

Does the new cartography system also have the SpellList and SpawnList2?

Hey, I can dream, can't I?
    -FGay Trader er... GFay

Hmm... This might be a good opportunity As with DikuMUD awhile back, a court order to allow myself or Fee to examine the EQ code to make sure it's within the bounds of the GPL could be a reality.

It would be a pain in the ass, but something that might be worth it... if they did indeed steal the SEQ code, but are not providing the source publically available, ouchies.

As I understand the GPL, since this has been included into EQ itself, they have to provide the entire source to EQ... the reason we can get away with out doing that for libEQ.a is because SEQ will run w/o libEQ.a as a standalone product... the mapping system won't run w/o EQ as a standalone product, thus the entire code base must be made available.

Anyone who's better at legal interpretations know if the file format of SEQ is covered and attached to the GPL or is that PD?

Cattj -

I'm going to grab your converter and the maps and put them up in the file section on SF here.
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

Thanks Ratt... hopefully I'll get color and z filtering working soon.. unfiltered dungeon maps are just ugly. Not sure about the color because of the backgrounds... I have a feeling that yellow is going to look awfully bad on the scroll background. I'll probably implement it with a command argument to turn it on... but it will be off by default.

While the file format is similar there are very distinct differences. Not sure what it would take to have a case on that one.
    -Cattj

Thread Information