Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DPS system? Formulae

I have to say that my point of view on the SEQ DPS system probably comes the fact that I don't really care all that much about absolute efficiency. After all I've been playing 1 character since Feburary 1999 and I'm still not 65 yet (just hit 62).

I just want to know that I am contributing as muc has I possibly can based on Previous experience with my person DPS. Also there is a level of one-up'smanship between myself and the rest of my groupmates. So added complexity really wouldn't gain me anything. The group I'm usually a part of seems very much overpowered for the content we are presented with anyway. I really wouldn't want to be anymore efficient at it...

About "Fixing" the SEQ Combat window. I'd like to be able to remove a selection of mobs (or mob) from the list, and some method of sorting combat would be nice. A wish of mine would be to have a graphical representation of DPS
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

All good stuff. Thanks both of you for helping me to clarify my thoughts here. Right now, I'm working on cataloging ZEM numbers (they've changed since the last patch, slightly) and mapping those against some stats from each zone. I have a theory that the planes are not the best place to solo post-60 for exp, but I'm working on proving that.....

When I'm done with that, I'll look into what SEQ is doing and what YALP does and see if I can resurect some of my old Perl code and see what it did. Perhaps some sort of hybrid can be cobbled together as a library in C that I can distribute as a generic tool for parsing logs, packet streams or whatever. Then SEQ can use it, and I can mock it up into Perl for my command-line log parsing.

Good stuff, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I program not even a little bit in C++, but my logical mind usually can put together formula in short order, if you need any help with this, let me know.

I can tell you already without any tests at all, that for Solo XP, the planes arent very good XP at all, for several factors. It may be that you gain more XP per kill, but each kill takes 2 sometimes 3 times as long as a luclin or earlier zone.
    If your in a full group, you easily make up for this.

The exception being elemental planes. Once you get to this level, a Solo or Duo is AMAZING xp, few of my friends quad kite in plane of fire for 57% AA xp per kite, and have enough mana with KEI to do 2 kites consectutivly. Each kite takes roughly 16 mins. So thats an AA point roughtly every half hour minus downtime. Thats pretty amazing.

Originally posted by Freakyuno
    The exception being elemental planes. Once you get to this level, a Solo or Duo is AMAZING xp, few of my friends quad kite in plane of fire for 57% AA xp per kite
    This I just don't understand. I have long witnessed a cap of 11 percent exp to level. If you can obtain 57 percent AA, then AA exp would not be capped like level exp. Level exp cap of 11 times 4 is only 44 percent. That is 13 percent more than the cap or around 14 percent per kill in a quad. I have heard numbers of 75 percent for a quad before the ZEM nerf a while back (145 to 119 etc.)

Getting off thread, but... I wonder if they cap the level exp and either use that amount as the cap for AA or have no exp/kill cap for AA.

Thread Information