Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Network Code Changes for LoY Release.

Network Code Changes for LoY Release.

Since haven't seen much in the form of new posts since LoY release. I am just as patient as we've all been in the past and know that the devs are working to get the fix posted.

Side Note:

From what I have seen ShowEQ can still be used as a GPS. Takes a little manual work, but it does work. I don't know if this means they are not encrypting or they did not change the GPS data format. But without using Key grabber I can still use ShowEQ for GPS, just no decode.

When you zone, simple load up the map for that zone manually File --> Open Map and ShowEQ will show your loc correctly.

I'm using the new map system with the seq maps loaded. I think it's almost better than seq (without decode) because I don't have to look at two screens.

I turn the faded level way down to use it. The grey lines seem to get lost in the parchment background but faded it works great. Maybe I'll change them...

-Lane

If you turn off the parchment and set the background to a gray, like RGB 15, 15, 15, then set transparency to about 70%, it looks really nice. Some zones look better with base layer on and some off. Play around with it and see what you like.

Personally I'll take SEQ over the in game maps any day. MUCH easier to glance to my left at another screen than it is to hit backspace, bring up the map and have it cover everything in game as I'm running around. SEQ DPS > SOE GPS

Hobo

Dunno if I was high or not, but I zoned from PoK to FV and my SEQ map changed by itself. After that I zoned to to PoK and the map changed again.

Can't get it to happen again but it did work them 2 times

Asham I wasn't sniffing the packets at that time, mighta been something good in 'em
    Last edited by UncleBen; 03-01-2003 at 05:25 PM.

HI, I'm Toatsy the bard and I like to train PoN 3 times a day. Please don't ban me for using SEQ

Uncle Ben,

i have read somwhere here on the borad that this sometimes happens, but i dont remember the thread...

I have not much used seq since monday, because the cpu fan in my linux box died and it took till today to get a new one
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

LoY maps are fine for not getting lost. But I miss my skittles.

You never know how bad you miss something until it's gone, and I am definitely missing SEQ.

/sigh

Someone else posted that they got SEQ to work but they coded it into Java. I just saw it in another post but I'm just too lazy this morning to go back and find out who.

Hopefully if everyone is nice enough, maybe he or the devs might be able to toss us a bone.

Raytrace, The person you're looking for is High_Jeeves who said he's got it transferred to java, and there were a few others in this thread who've said they've got the fix:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthrea...&threadid=3072
    - Raistlin

They have a working Java SEQ version like Saddam is a peacemaker. I wouldn't believe anything anyone says here unless you see sourcecode.

If you have some C++ knowledge, you can look through the sourcecode and see what is going on the the decryption. The decryption is still happening, but there were some parts missing. Your first clues are that the GPS system still works for the most part and that some zones still load on zoning.
    Tantoris Thule

Please see the attachment... never knew saddam was a peacemaker...

--Jeeves
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Heh. As they say, pwned!

As they say

A picture says a thousand words

ROFLMFAO!!

Any chance of throwing a couple op code bonez?
    Last edited by Poncho; 03-04-2003 at 02:16 PM.

Unhappy

Wow.... where to begin.

WTG to those few who have correct opcodes and are functioning. If I had the knowledge they do, I would probably be enjoying my pretty little colored dots along with them. I don't keep up with the IRC channel, so I don't know where the breakthrough originated. As far as a Java version, I'm not sure what prompted that or the inherent benefits of it, so I can't speak to that.

Now, as for the folks whose ranks at the devs for "not fixing their seq for xx days" ..... all I can say is:
    Thank you very fucking much for screwing the rest of us who rely on the hard work, generousity, and diligence of the SEQ devs to break us out of the darkness that SOE has placed us in. You have collectively done what even SOE couldn't do.... you have nerfed the development of such an awesome project and apparently pissed off the devs enough to delay (maybe even stop...time will only tell now) the release of their updated codes.
    I'll be the first to admit that without the pioneers of SEQ and the subsequent development done to keep it working, I would not enjoy the game nearly as much as I did once I discovered SEQ.
    I also don't possess the know-how to even begin writing such a piece of software, let alone fix it when it is broken by changes to opcodes/compression/encryption/etc. All I have to rely on is the work by the devs and various other regulars to the forums (esp. mvern) to get me working again. I have never had to ask for help, as the posts I found when searching have always led me to a fix. Every time SOE has broken SEQ, I have waited patiently with everyone else while the devs were hard at work on a fix. I rejoiced when that fix came, and thanked them when I could. I have never lost confidence in their abilities, regardless of the 'nay-saying pricks' who were often quick to complain or down-play the efforts involved. I now see that some people have incorporated a fix, telling me that the information is out there, but for some reason it hasn't been released. I may be hasty in thinking that the devs have been (justly) irritated, but that is the first thing that comes to mind..... and I wouldn't blame them one bit. If I were in their shoes and had to read some of the comments made by the "fucktards", I'd have stopped sending updates a year ago... but that is just me.

/rant off

/applauds devs

/rude to the "fucktards"

/filter flames
    Just say no to sigs

Thread Information