Thread: Keyring IM STUPID

Keyring IM STUPID

Ok this is what I have up and runing.

Ive got my RH box 8.0 and ShowEQ running on it. I believe that ShowEQ is running fine because no matter what zone im ShowEQ brings up the new map and shows my position and on the left hand side i recieve a list of <unknown> names. The problem that i believe that im having is with KEYRING.
    I have unziped v 2.2 Keyring into c:\keyring
    Cygwin is install in c:\cygwin

With this being said i have a few questions.

1. Can the Keyring program run on the linux box that has ShowEQ running on it? Or does it have to running on he puter that u want to monitor the session of EQ?

2. i have downloaded and installed Cygwin on my XP Pro box.
    When i run the Cygwin how do i exactly do the make file and the make install?

I BE CONFUSED. HELP ME O` MIGHTY ONES

Key sniffer runs on the Winbloze box

The keysniffer must run on the box that EQ runs on - here's why:

The purpose of the sniffer is to locate a decryption key that EQ uses to decode the packets sent from the servers. Without this key, your SEQ box only sees scrambled packets. Therefore, the sniffer looks "inside" the running EQ program (eqgame.exe), finds the key (at the offset you specify) and then sends the code to the SEQ box so it can decipher the packets.

Hopefully that explains what the keysniffer is doing so you may understand what is going on and why it does not run on the SEQ box (instead of my just replying "NO" )

As for building the keyring program using Cygwin, I cannot help with that as I have never tried it.

Mike

Also note that ShowEQ still won't decode for you in its current broken state. So even following the advice above will not make it work until the new network structures are figured out and the source is updated.

2. i have downloaded and installed Cygwin on my XP Pro box.
    Simply cd to the directory: cd /cygdrive/c/keyring and then type make keyring. You shouldn't need a Makefile.

still cant figure it out

thank u for the info.

Sixes I went to cygwin and typed the: cd /cygdrive/c/keyring
    and then hit Enter. After that I typed: make keyring and it gave me: bash: make: command not found.

So then I tried something else. I typed:
    cd /cygdrive/c/keyring make keyring After I typed it like this it came back with no error message of any kind. it just put me back at another prompt.

Any and all help would be most thankful

if you did the default install of cygwin it did not install the nessessary files to run make. Atleast, it didn't for me, I had to go back and reinstall it, adding the extra stuff

when you run the install for it, all the options to install say default beside them. All of them aren't needed but some can be usefull. Click on the circular arrow between the option and the word default and it will rotate throught the options. Choose install instead of default and it will install them all.
    Last edited by NovaUSC; 03-02-2003 at 09:28 PM.

Thread Information