Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting my own Dev

Starting my own Dev

Since it would appear that development has stopped, I downloaded the latest code and am starting my own analysis and repair effort. Anyone that would like to provide input and suggestions as to how to proceed, feel free to do so in this thread.

R

think you need your own forum

HI, I'm Toatsy the bard and I like to train PoN 3 times a day. Please don't ban me for using SEQ

hehe

think you need your own forum
    He's already got one:

Ratt's Repeated and Redundant Repository of Recursive Redundancy

The question is, how long till this post ends up there?

And the answer is: 3 days! Not to shabby, way to go board mods!
    Last edited by iluvseq; 03-06-2003 at 10:49 AM.

On the contrary, I'll bet the devs of this project would enjoy seeing what, if anything, Resi comes up with.

Hmmm.... Where did I put my "Jumping to Conclusions Mat"?
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Ahh, so that was you SBR? How's the accident recovery coming?

Resiliant,

We are all "Devs" to a certain extent as this is an open source project. You are encouraged to make changes, improvements, new features and bug fixes to your hearts content. You should then post them to the Patches section (see the top of the screen) where they will be available to everyone to retrieve and available to the CVS post capable to devs to incorporate into the tree. Or, as it is your option, you can start a whole new Sourceforge or sourceforge like CVS tree. Read the license becuase it must stay open source if you use the code posted here.

One other thing. To assume the developement has stopped just because you haven't seen any "fixes" to address the changes to the packet structure is pretty stupid on your part. I hope you do figure it out in a day or two and post it up here. After all, its easy right? I mean just sniff a few things, code in whats changed, simple.

However, if you will watch the IRC channel occasionally and read the posts pertaining to that subject, you will see its not exactly that easy. It takes time to figure out exactly what opcodes have changed and what the new packet structure is.

Good luck to you.

Monster

Ok... let me get this straight. You are starting your own effort... but need suggestions on how to proceed? Am I missing something?

Regardless, best of luck to ya! Maybe you can pull it off, like Acid or Ahminus did... then again, I don't recall them asking for suggestions on how to proceed, they just kinda did it.
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

You have to admit, it was a bit different from the:

"What's the best way to go about gaining all of your knowledge with minimal effort on my part?"
    and
    "So, how far have you guys gotten on the project so I can best guage how soon it'll be done?"
    type questions. I'm betting the intention was similar.

If not, you should try posting some ideas or code snippets of your own, first, and express any walls you encounter, etc. From what I've seen on these boards, you'll get much better results that way.

#! /usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;

my $num = 0;

while ($num == 0) {
    print "Are we there yet?\n";
    }

Am I a dev yet?

Nope, Walrus, just a tard. Have a nice day. \\=^ )

I believe that the full and proper term, as stated some time ago by bubbalicious, is "fucktard." For some reason, that just sounds better.

Originally posted by S_B_R
    Hmmm.... Where did I put my "Jumping to Conclusions Mat"?
    "That would be great..."

Awesome movie! I never really appreciated "Office Space" until I started working in a large corporation! Now I know how Dilbert feels

Here is some input Res, don't come to this site again.

People with attitude like yours are the people I would rather not see any fixes and the best reason to not release a fix.

Originally posted by Iam_Walrus
    I believe that the full and proper term, as stated some time ago by bubbalicious, is "fucktard." For some reason, that just sounds better.
    I stand corrected. Flame isn't my primary language. I'll try to remember that term. \\=^ )

Thread Information