Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Developers look here.

Developers look here.

I realize this is an open source product but I'm going to bring this up again....

I'm willing to put money out for this. I am a developer but in a totally different line of work and I am willing to pay You to do the work for me. I don't expect hand holding. I will pay a small amount after each patch that breaks seq, all you need is a PO box or pay pal.

If I get working code, I'll send a check. If you don't get a check from me then I'm on a black list and it is therefore in my interest to get you a check.

Yes I realize there are all sorts of issues with this, but having been a paid programmer for most of my work life... well I like to get paid for what I'm doing and I bet you would too.

So... the floor is open. Your turn.

What ever your smoking can I have some plz?
    -AlphaBeta

Ah spoken like a true believer in being spoon feed everything in his/her life

how does one "black list" someone out of an open source project?
    BaeLang
    ---
    "seek and ye shall find." <-- god's way of saying use the damn search button. (or grep)

if we agree outside of the open source realm... to have a consumer / provider relationship where you are providing something for me and I am supposed to pay you because I agreed to do so, and I don't then I would assume I'm going to be on your black list.

So yes. This is outside of the scope of open source. That is why I said I know there are all sorts of issues regarding this.

This biggest probably being Sony would have a field day if this became a big enough or trackable service.

I hardly call waiting for the dev's to finish testing code changes or waiting until SOE stops dicking with the code being spoon feed. If they wanted to take your lame ass money the project wouldn't be open source now would it? Wait for the fix like everyone else and stop trying to pay people off because you have no fucking clue where your going Ebayer.
    -AlphaBeta

This has nothing to do with being impatient. If you had a clue you would understand that.

I'm the first one to agree and understand about waiting and for testing. I think if you had actually read any of my other, what 15, posts you would realize that. You loser

I wouldn't want to change this from open source for you.. no I wouldn't lol. You've gotten used to that spoon

Well, I must say this is the strangest thread I've seen in quite some time....

One question I have that you didn't make clear in your *contract* is: How long must the Dev wait after *selling* the code to you before updating the CVS tree here?
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

There is only one Active Developer who has done anything for the SEQ OPEN SOURCE project in the last few months and that is - MVERN .

I am not dissing those who started this project and since retired from it, or those who have lost interest. I just wanted to point out something that seemed obvious. Now if someone would like to post on the contrary then be my guest. Otherwise, the dev team (in terms of coders) has pretty much fallen apart, or just lost interest. Lets hope Mvern dont.

I welcome any replies correcting my statement here. Any news is good news.

Originally posted by S_B_R
    Well, I must say this is the strangest thread I've seen in quite some time....

One question I have that you didn't make clear in your *contract* is: How long must the Dev wait after *selling* the code to you before updating the CVS tree here?
    They don't have to wait. They don't have to post it either. You see, I really don't mind paying someone for a job well done. I also realize that a lot of people (including myself) will take something like this (that is offered) free and not think twice about it.

This can't be the first time this subject has come up...

ROFL, I can see it now....

For the low monthly fee of $10.95, you too can be the first in line for the LATEST SEQ updates!!!

....and also the first in line for a nice fat lawsuit.

You gotta be kidding, right?

Poncho

Wouldn't even move this one to R^6, just delete it outright.
    *walks away giggling*
    Just say no to sigs

He is getting up his post count with this
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

Well I was hoping for better flames /sigh

Well, in the words of CBreaker:

You're a MORON FOOL ASS CRAP TARD!

hehe, if you need more than that, you're too needy. \\=^ )

Thread Information