Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Converter (for the new cartography)

Map Converter (for the new cartography) (new links)

I wrote a quick utility to convert SEQ maps to the new cartography format. For those of you that have access to the new map system you can get the converted maps and the converter here

http://www.eq-toolbox.com

Enjoy.

Thanks to Fatal and http://www.eq-toolbox.com for the webhosting
    Last edited by cattj; 03-03-2003 at 03:48 PM.
    -Cattj

Just curious ...

What features has that new Cartography system ?
    Is there an active part or just an passive atlas ?

plz dont tell me to wait till tomorrow when it will be showen on the LOY page ... thats marketing
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

omg, they look almost like they took seq's mapping system and thought "humm, they already did all the work... lets just use the same general idea" :)

i can't wait to see what its like, if you already know how to convert them... do you have access to it already on test or something?

The cartography systems is a map window and several map tools that allow you to draw on the map as well as make labels. There is a small arrow that represents you and your direction. There is z filtering and 3 layers of the map.

By far the most convenient feature is the auto map... when this is clicked where ever you walk a line will be drawn. Of course with all of the SEQ maps imported this won't be too necessary.

Yes the file format is similar... but much bulkier... you notice that all lines are 2 points... so let say we had a line that went from point A to point B to point C...

in a SEQ map that would be

M, name, color, id, Ax,Ay,Az,Bx,By,Bz,Cx,Cy,Cz

in EQ its

L Ax,Ay,Az, Bx,By,Bz, red, green, blue
    L Bx,By,Bz, Cx,Cy,Cz, red, green, blue

labels are almost identical

SEQ
    P, name, X, Y

EQ
    P x,y,z,red,green,blue,size,name
    -Cattj

Where can I get his map thing at?

you'll get it on Feb. 24th if you order the new expansion.
    -Cattj

How about a screenshot Cattj?
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

haha i would but i'm at work today...

tell you what i'll get a screenshot tonight if you arent sufficiently satisfied with the pictures that SOE releases on their website today.
    -Cattj

Developer
    Originally posted by LordCrush
    plz dont tell me to wait till tomorrow when it will be showen on the LOY page ... thats marketing
    Actually it is a non disclosure agreement.

Originally posted by cattj
    haha i would but i'm at work today...

tell you what i'll get a screenshot tonight if you arent sufficiently satisfied with the pictures that SOE releases on their website today.
    The 14th is tomorrow
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

ah yes... so it is... i'll see what i can do tonight then
    -Cattj

WOOT!

When you see the new map window, you are going to recognize it immediately.

You are going to know where the code came from for sure. Look, feel, and functionality. I'm sure a new SeQ looking mod will be made for the map window so all the keys are in the same place..

I'm surprised credit wasn't given as called for under the GPL, thats how close it is.

In the past 6 months, SoE has incorporated several 3rd party software products in to their product without credit to any of the original sources. EQAtlas (the map book), EQwindows, and now SEQ. Is anyone ever going to call them out on this? Can anyone?

Hopefully next they will incorporate some of EQmacros so you have a clean interface to run your cleric bot

Originally posted by cattj
    By far the most convenient feature is the auto map... when this is clicked where ever you walk a line will be drawn. Of course with all of the SEQ maps imported this won't be too necessary.
    What do you mean "automap"...can you expand on this a bit? does this mean that the map window isn't immediately filled in with the zone...what's this about lines being drawn...you mean a line between where you are and a particular point on the map?

More details please (This is the feature i've been waiting on to base my decission to purchase or not) if you can of course..
    - Raistlin

I've heard it's on test at the moment if you want to look at it.

In the past 6 months, SoE has incorporated several 3rd party software products in to their product without credit to any of the original sources. EQAtlas (the map book), EQwindows, and now SEQ. Is anyone ever going to call them out on this? Can anyone?
    EQAtlas: Did you actually look at the book? I seriously have to doubt it because the Maps of Myrist are completely different to those found on the EQAtlas site.

EQWindows: DirectX has always provided this functionality. They certainly haven't used any of the EQW code or they wouldn't be able to switch from fullscreen to windowed mode.

SEQ: I thought the way SEQ drew maps was fairly obvious. I don't see any good reason for them NOT to use a similar file format (just a little more flexible).

Honestly, I think your paranoia has gone way over the top on this one.

Thread Information