I get a number of emails each week asking why I've banned someone. I also get a similar number of emails each week asking why someone can't register, etc...

I usually ignore these emails. Why, you ask?

If you are banned from this board, you will know that you've been banned, and why. I will publically state, on the message board that you've been banned and why. You will KNOW you've been banned, so there's no need to send me an email asking why you can't post now. If you can't post, it's because your browser is hosed. There's an very slight chance that something is wrong with Sourceforge, but usually, it's your browser. Get your browser fixed. Sending me an email is not going to fix your browser, or allow you to post any sooner.

If you are having trouble registering, much like having trouble posting, it's a problem with you and your stuff. There is a slightly greater chance that Sourceforge somehow screwed up the email, but again, it's fairly slight, given the volume of email that leaves here everyday. Chances are, something between you and Sourceforge is hosed, and there is nothing I can do about it. If, on the off chance that you did encounter a Sourceforge hiccup, just click on the "forgot my password" link found at various places on the message board to get a new password and confirmation email sent to you. Follow those directions in the email. Again, sending me email on this subject will not result in anything useful happening.

Additionally, if you change your email address, a confirmation email will be sent to you. If you can't receive email at that address or it's a bogus address, you won't be able to post. Again, this is a problem on your end. Sending me email because you broke your account won't get any useful results. Go change your email to something valid and follow the instructions that are sent to you to verify that it's a legitimate email address. This board requires legit email addresses to cut down on the number of troll accounts.

Sending me email on either of the above subjects is much like trying to teach a pig to sing... it wastes your time and annoys the pig. Or rat, as the case may be.

I will, however, respond to legitimate emails that don't involve the two above subjects, or requests for libEQ.a sourcecode.