Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Working SEQ alternative

It's already fixed along with a few other bugs that got through, I'll post a new version sometime today. I'm also putting in the option to draw players without the con colors.
    Cool I await this new version.

PS. CMB could I ask what time zone your in so I know when Sometime today ends

Also I think you might want to start a new thread this one is over 18 pages long but thats your call

"You work to hard take a break and once them 2mins are up get back to it" :O

I'm in CST, I'm looking at adding a couple more things then I'll put it up.
    A new thread couldn't hurt either

I keep getting a MSCOREE.DLL not found error. I got the file and installed it in sindows/system dir but not I have another error:
    Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location

I don't have and cannot afford .NET installed so how do I fix this error?

Cheers

Go to Windows Update and get the .NET v1.1 distribution, you should be patching your windows anway.

I'm using WinME though. I didn't see WinME listed as one of its distros

Cheers

yours is win98 tardiss.

I am working on the readme for this too.
    Beer

hey caveman, i don't know if its possible... but the way i fixed making sure everyone was getting the most current version was by making a "something-current.zip" and pointing everyone to that. then, i would just toss the new .zip file onto the server and update my symlink. that way, everyone hits and gets the right version and (if you use symlinks) you can keep a bunch of past versions too :)

Domesticbeer, I for one (as a definate non programmer) can't wait for some one to paint the guidance on the side of some flippin mountain.

I have down loaded all three. I notice that each zipped folder already contains an executable for myseq and server. Does this mean I don't have to figure out how to compile these or are these needed inorder to run the compile? Complete noob to programming.

But once down the road (hand holding all the way) I can usually figure things out. It's just the virginal process that hurts the most. ))

Keep at it guys.

Thanx Cavemanbob for the project. ))
    And thanx to domesticbeer for putting together a life saver. ))

This is a new discovery that will make your life easier.

Ok, got the Updrade done and .NET framework installed but have a new error when trying to run myseq.exe:

c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\mscor wks.dll could not be loaded. Any ideas?

Cheers

I suppose I can symlink myseq-current.zip to the newest version I'll do that later. Thanks for putting a readme together domesticbeer, hopefully it'll help people get started. Aurelius, the exe's in there will work, but they're fairly simple to compile with command line tools. I don't have the syntax on hand, but they're burried somewhere above in this thread.

Almost forgot, a new client version is up with some bugfixes.

http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.6.zip
    http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserverc-1.4.zip
    http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip

Last edited by cavemanbob; 04-13-2003 at 11:20 PM.

*update*

yes it seems it was winME ... i upgraded this comp to XP and it works great now

ps.

great job cavemanbob

I still haven't been able to test on win98, I'll try tomorrow if I can, but I'm almost positive there's something wrong with the way .NET works on 98 (and it's unfortunate follower win ME) as compared to the way it works on the win NT family. It's very difficult to track this down though as I can't install VS.net on windows 98, if anyone has any prior experience with this type of .net problem I would love to know anything about the differences between the 2 platforms from a .net perspective.

I got it to work on my winxp pc but for some reason it is really slow at moving to show the dir I am at. Does it show the mobs or does the alert thing work? Mine sin't doing anything

Cheers

Odd, what are is the speed of the machine your client is running on and what have you specified as the refresh on the server. 250ms = 1/4 of a second which is my default, but will not be perfectly smooth and this *could* be made better by using the speed crap although it likely won't be dome by me until more important features that I want are done. (Many thanks to the person who suggested the range circle ).

As a side not I'm VERY sorry I didn't include the valid client list in the sever this time as it was an excellent idea, though this will not really be important till they patch eqgame.exe and maybe the dll again. I expect these to come more often in the future to either add methods to detect debug memory accesses (which can be bypasses) or scan network servers on the EQ machine or just fuck up the data structures (by far the easiest method).

I'm putting my trusty flame proof jacket on for this next comment, this is an OPEN SOURCE PROJECT WITH A FREE WINDOWS COMPILER!, if you really want a feature for the client right now that I say I'm not going to do right now PLEASE do it yourself and submit it to the community.

Now here's a friendly warning for any contributors or those considering it, all netcode, including most of the network thread in the client and virtually all of the server is the next thing on my task list for major modifications and should be considered VERY volitile at the moment, but other than that I encourage modifications. This is largely because I'm thinking about making major changes in the way the client communicates with the server. I'm going to talk to Lyenu as that protocol looks less network intensive, but I'm also looking at making a much smarter server that only sends packets as needed (ie new spawn or dead spawn). Another option that a couple of my crypto friends have suggested is to use a simple ssh library to encrypt the server->client packets to prevent SoE from reading them... I'm also trying to devise a scheme where I can fiddle with the linux seq code as little as possible, but still get at least skittle functionality back there. (Sorry any more than that's going to need someone who can pull the data out of packets, or someone with more linux exp than me (mostly sun here))
    Last edited by cavemanbob; 04-14-2003 at 02:34 AM.

You use the range circle ? and if so am glad you like it, I use it alot and use it to define agro ranges in some zones to dodge bad mobs

Again Installed v1.6 and everything is running fine best build yet

I am going to try and get a hold of some programming .net software this weekend :O and mess around and hopfully help some with the Opensource part of this project but untill then all i can do is suggest stuff and hope it catches your eye

anyways MyShowEQ just keeps getting better top program and I would just like to say thanks for all the time your putting in to it.

Thread Information