Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Working SEQ alternative

Thanks for your work. I've been having some problems getting it to work however, so I thought I'd post my information to help you nail down any bugs if you so choose.

First off, my system set up. I'm running Windows XP on both machines, and I have installed the .NET files from the above link on both computers. Both computers have 100mb nics. They are connected like this:

EQ Computer ---- Netgear Hub ---- Linksys Router ---- 'Client' Machine

I run the server, and it starts up as it should.

N
    Waiting for new connection...
    I run EQ, and start the client on the other machine. I set the IP address to the EQ machine, and I hit go. The title of the Client application changes from "MySeq - " to "0". No spawns appear and the map is not loaded.

The server recognizes the connection however, and the following information is displayed:

found - pid = 1348

new connection from: 192.168.0.3
    Nexus Nexus
    I get the same results if I run the client on the EQ machine and connect via 127.0.0.1. I have also recompiled the code with sleep changed to 500, and there was no difference for me.

A few messages up in this thread is a post with a link for .net framework 1.1 final beta, install that, it fixed the same problem you are having for me even though i am using windows xp with .net visual studio.

Link not working ATM

The link ("http://alteria.sf.net/myseq.zip") Isn't working for me today. Just an FYI (Apr 6th, 5:28pm CDT)

Great work

The only problems I had was a repeated error about enumeration. I could click Continue and the program continued running fine though. And eventually the list goes crazy updating itself and keeps reloading it over and over. But I see you addressed that above already.

If you're taking ideas for features, I think a neat idea would be if you could point to a dot on the map with the mouse, and it would say what spawn it was... or let you right click on it to target it.

ok ...yea, I'm a dumbass

Hmm....perhaps if you wanted to set up a CVS for this on sourceforge we could start helping dev a little here and there. Ironically, I utterly suck at Linux GUI coding, but windows is a whole different matter *grin*.

I know you're not supporting and may stop developing at any time; however, even if you never touched it again, it would create a place as a 'hub' for those interested in this sort of thing. It is a great teaching tool for this type of program, imo.

Thanks!

I've fixed the list thing for good now I think and reworked the way that spawns are added and removed, and I'll upload it when I've got a couple more things done. I'll probably set up a CVS for it once I've got the basic functionality sorted out, I might get to it tomorrow.

The enumeration message is just annoying it doesn't seem to hurt anything, I've been trying to track it down but it's so sporatic that it's hard to nail down...
    Last edited by cavemanbob; 04-06-2003 at 05:27 PM.

Not sure if you were talking to me Douglas, but as I said...

Originally posted by Nocturo
    ...I have installed the .NET files from the above link on both computers. ..

Question

I am a total noob. Is this as safe as SEQ for Linux?

*starts ducking flames*

Nocturo: Try telneting to port 5558 the machine the server is running on, if it dumps a bunch of garbage, the problem is with the client, if it doesn't the data's not getting from the server to the client, but this'll help narrow it down a bit anyway

Caveman

I guess i'm stupid :/

I've tried everything i can think of, but the only time i'm able to get the spawn list to populate is when i first log in and click go. After i zone, nothing else changes.

I've never gotten the mobs to show up on the maps either.

I've just installed the .net 1.1 beta as was suggested above but still am having zero luck. I have two 100 MB nic's on a good hub and bandwidth shouldn't be an issue.

The server and client are talking to each other, i've seen the server say it's gotten a connection, but after it lodas once, i never seem to get anything else.

Hope you can tell me what i'm doing wrong.
    Thanks!
    Seqcleric

I have the same issue loads once but noithing after that and no gps it just kind of locks

Don't put too much thought into it yet, I've got one more little bug to track down and I'll upload a nice new version that'll hopefully fix some of these problems.

caveman $

You are too cool, waiting for the next version, hopefully will be ready tonight $

I telnet'd into 5558, and data is being sent. Must be something in the client, I'll take a look at it.

New version is up, both the client and server need to be updated as there has been a small protocol change. Maps have not changed.

http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.1.zip
    http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserverc-1.1.zip
    http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip

Server Changes:
    * Can now supply a value in ms for the update rate on command line

Client Changes:
    * Changed the way stuff is added to the listbox, hopefully this will fix some of the issues realting to that, let me know if they persist
    * Added the ability to click on a dot on the map and it'll select the mob in the listbox, but not scroll down to it yet <- coming soon...

I'm going to try to squish some of these annoying bugs now, so let me know if it's acting up for you. If you have a copy of vs.net and can narrow down where it's happening that'd be awesome, otherwise just try to provide as much detail as possible.

Have Fun

Thread Information