Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Working SEQ alternative

Ok, here's some more questions :)

If anything, this will help narrow down your FAQ's and maybe get some stuff done so you won't have to adress it in the future.

Still no go with the new server and client, same troubles, so lets try some troubleshooting.

Which service pack are you running under Win2K? NOt sure if this would affect it or not, but lets be thorough.

Which version of .net are you running?

When are you executing the server and client. DO you execute the server and then load eq, or do it after eq is up, also, when do you execute the client.

Lastly, and this may be what my problem is, has anyone gotten the ready made Bin's to work or is it possible we need to compile them on our machines for our machines? I had trouble like this with maggot boy's sniffer. I used one a friend compiled, but no luck, but after i compiled my own, it worked awsomely.

could any of these be the trouble?

Sincerely,
    Seqcleric

I ran the client in the debugger, and finally found out what my problem was. I misunderstood when you said to put the maps in the client directory, and I put them in the same directory as the program, instead of in the maps subdir. It wasn't until I ran under the debugger that the error was shown. I put the maps in a maps subdir, and tada, works good.

Right clicking to select a mob is nice, but its hard to click right on the dot sometimes. I'd suggest finding the nearest dot to the click, and selecting that one. Shouldn't be too hard to code, and even with a large number of spawns I don't think it would slow it down terribly.

Thanks for the work!

Noc

Noctoro,
    what is your exact directory structure? I think this is what is causing the trouble.

Is it C:\maps\maps with the client running in the first maps dir and the maps in the second one?

Thanks man!
    Seqcleric

OK, hopefully we can get some of this figured out soon

I'm running Win2K unpatched (might've come with SP1 alredy installed as it's a newer disc) on one machine and Win2K SP2 on the other, works on both.

.NET version = v1.0.3705

The server can be started at any time, I usually just leave mine running all the time, and doesn't search for EQ until the client connects. Although it *should* be OK to hit GO on the client anytime after the character select screen I've noticed that it tries to load a nonexistant map, so it's probably best to just wait until it's loaded fully.

It's a distinct possibility that compiling it on a different machine may help, I'm not really sure, but it's worth a try I've never tried distributing a c# app before. I'll toss .NET on my 98 machine tonight and maybe try it with my other network switch and see what happens.

EDIT: OK I'll increase the range that you can click near a dot, I figured it was a bit small

The directory structure for the client is just
    c:\myseq for the exe, filters.conf and such
    and c:\myseq\maps for the maps
    The location of the server doesn't matter

Last edited by cavemanbob; 04-06-2003 at 08:24 PM.

Talking Nocturo hit it right on the head!

Ok everyone, i've figured out the problem. Hope this helps someone and I hope i'm not the only one that was too thick to understand it.

My setup is running like this:
    Server, at 250 MS
    Client is set up as follows:

I have a dir called maps in which I put all the stuff from the Myseq zip file into. I don't think you need anything but the myseq.exe file, but this works so i'm not fucking with it.

Within that first dir called maps, I made another dir called maps. In it, i copied all of the Seq maps into. Then, i executed myseq.exe from C:\maps.

I'm fairly sure you can create a dir called client and copy merely the myseq.exe file into and then within that client dir, you can make a dir called maps which will contain the seq maps.

Anyway, this is how I got it to work after pulling my hair out.

I'll test the client stuff now.

Thanks a ton for the work caveman, this looks like it's going to own.
    Sincerely,
    Seqcleric

System
    W2k SP3 on both machines.
    .Net SP1 on both machines
    Ran the 1st exe’s released and worked fine except for some maps (I’m not compiling)
    On EQ machine c:\mseq
    On 2nd machine C:\mseq\maps exe in the mseq dir maps in the maps dir
    Got list of spawns and coloured dots as per SEQ. great Stuff

No problems at all

Will try the latest exe’s and maps tonight
    I believe in gun control. I use both hands

Good to hear it's working, sorry about the confusion about the directory structure hehe. The new set of maps (ie not the ones right out of seq) should all work, I think I looked at all of them, but at the same time I wouldn't be suprised if I missed one...

Thumbs up Caveman

I believe the question many of us are wanting ask is:

Does this program read from packet encryption or does it read directly from memory?

In other words, will it ever break when SoE Fubar's the netcode?

You mentioned every time a new EQ game comes out, it'll be broken until the new memmory adresses are found. That's not hard to do, from what i've read? So if I am understanding what this program does, it reads from memory and all we'll have to do is recompile with the new memory adresses when a new eqgame comes out?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I sincerely hope this is the case.

At any rate, major kudo's to you in this outstanding working beta. It does everything I need it to.
    Thanks so much for your hard work and your ability to deal with my dumb questions.

Oh, one last thing,
    Is there a way to make the memory part of the program super secret, like maggotboy's sniffer to where it won't be able to be detected from anywhere else? If this functionality could be added, this program would be as near perfect as anyone could want. I know networking and hardware very well, and could never even pretend to know anything about programing, but is it possible (with maggotboy's permission, of course) to utilize his sniffing and hook removing code to do the sniffing to make this undetectable?
    Sincerely,
    seqcleric
    Last edited by seqcleric; 04-06-2003 at 09:11 PM.

It reads directly from memory, so unless they want to start messing with restricting memory access all that's needed is the offsets when eqgame.exe is patched. I'll probably put the addresses in a file, so the only time a rebuild would be needed is if they change the data structure...

OF course the risk is there that they could detect the memory reads, but I'm very sure they aren't monitoring atm since I've been reading the spawn data 4 times a second for the past wek and a half.

How hard

how hard is it for them to detect memory reads?
    I've always wondered this and is it against the law for them to do that?

And, if they can detect memory reads, it's really super intensive to try to do that, and they'd never be able to monitor everyone's you think?

Seqcleric

I've seen many many arguments about detecting memory reads and although it's not especially difficult to do so IMHO it would likely cause too many false positives when something like a virus scanner scanned through. I doubt they'd bother, but as per usual they could and detecting memory reads is legal so if anyone's real concerned don't run this type of software right after an exe patch... personally I don't really care if they ban me

Works great, thanks for doing this (I guess. Sort of a mixed blessing since retards can use this now... hrm). Anyway, what would be nice is if the program could discern between invisible (ie traps, triggers, etc) and regular mobs. Sort of a pain in the ass to see there are 8 rhags up in ssra. Thanks, keep up the good work.

I suppose it could draw invis mobs differently, the information is already being sent to the client so i'll probably put it in tomorrow

Caveman

Another possible addition to the mob list is showing them holding things or not.

I imagine that's a pain in the ass, but possibly could be added.

Otherwise, I think it works OUTSTANDINGLY!

Great work,
    Seqcleric

Thanks for the update to select a mob on the map.

Anyway to furthur the sorting of the mobs, besides the sorting option in the menu that sorts alphabetically? IE, click on the 'Level' tab, and it will sort ascending/descending.

The zoom factor can't seem to go below 0.10, and doesn't give you a full map view. Also, the mob races don't seem to match.. I was killing goblins in frontiermtns and they were listed as yeti's. Not sure if this was due to the sorting and that column not getting rearranged or not...

Thread Information