Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Working SEQ alternative

It should beep, but I forgot to uncomment the line before I zipped it up... It should be prefixing the name with *** so it zips to the top of the list, but last time I tested it I wasn't in a zone with anything on my alerts list so I'm not sure if it's working properly, Ill have a look at it a bit later.

OK, i went ahead and gave it a shot. Looks really promising. I have a small problem though, on w2k server the client crashes often. Ok, np, I threw the client on another w2k workstation and it runs fine. But there are no updates once I hit go. I get the initial update with map, mobs, etc, but nothing moves/updates unless I hit F2 on the client. Any ideas?

When I hit "Go" I'll get a chunk of map, and maybe some mobs. Nothing ever happens in the list box. The map only updates when I resize the window. I was playing with Spy++, and it doesnt get many windows messages. I dont know if its supposed to or not, but I was expecting at least constant WM_PAINT or WM_TIMER events, or something. Nothing but mouse events just doesnt seem right...

Running XP Pro with all updates, with the latest .NET linked earlier

Big Changes:
    * The invis state

I think races are still incorrect, things that SHOULD be ' invisible ', like King Tormax's PH, are showing up as ' iksar '.

Actually, most ALL of the races are incorrect. I'm using server version 1.1.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 04-07-2003 at 08:21 PM.

The races are still wrong I'll look and see how showeq did it, probably won't get it fixed till tomorrow.

don'tdoit: That's odd, are you running the newest versions of the client and the server? It sounds almost like the client is missing the start and stop update packets... Will it update if you resize the window?

Zor: I'm not exactly sure what your problem is. There shouldn't be any timer events as the updates are handled by a separate thread and paint's are only done when a full set of packets are in and the end packet is received. As it updates on resizes I'd assume that it's missing that end packet from some reason. Again are you running the newest server version? If you have a copy of vs.net try starting the client in debug mode, I've found that .net has the rather annoying habit of discarding uncaught exceptions rather then terminating the application which I would much prefer. If anyone knows a way to change this behavior on a global level I would love to know how...

Thumbs up

Zor:
    I had the same problem.. trying to setup it up without looking at any kind of instructions
    Make sure you have the maps in the right location. On his latest client he made a blank MAPS folder in the same spot as the client. Make sure you put the maps in this folder and try it then.

Thank you thus far cavemanbob

-Archy

OK I decided to patch a couple of annoying things tonight, I fixed the stupid typos that were screwing the mobs up and they should now work correctly. Second I turned the beeps for alerts on (This should really be selectable somewhere...) Does anyone know a zone with some invis mobs/traps so I can check what their flags look like? I can't think of any offhand, though they're probably in zones i visit all the time hehe.

http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.2a.zip

To handle uncaught exceptions..

try putting your entire program in a try catch...

easy to do - just put it in winmain before you call your main proggy..

Then make your catch just throw up whatever stuff it gets and exit the program gracefully.

*edit*

Here is an example:

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE, HINSTANCE, LPSTR, int)
    {
    try
    {
    Application->Initialize();
    Application->CreateForm(__classid(TForm1), &Form1);
    Application->Run();
    }
    catch (Exception &exception)
    {
    Application->ShowException(&exception);
    }
    return 0;
    }
    //---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by The Mad Poet; 04-07-2003 at 09:31 PM.
    Quothe the raven, "Nevermore!" - Poe

Reuploaded, fixed a rather annoying bug that caused alerts to be set off when they shouldn't have...

Doh! I should have thought of the exception thing, ah well lol

http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.2a.zip

Running Server Ver. 1.1 and Client Ver. 1.2a on a Win98 System.
    Most times MySEQ crashes after build up the Mob-List and Viewing the Mobs in the map (approx. 2 sec. after hitting the "Go" Button).

Anybody have the same probs or know a clue to fix it?

LOcking shortly after hitting go

recheck that you have the latest update for the net framework.

worked for me !!!

Ow well not sure what the deal is it was working but to no avail
    IT is locking again.
    Last edited by Nurseling; 04-08-2003 at 12:46 AM.

c++ ver 6

can I use C++ to compile this?

zones with invis mobs / traps...

The Grey
    Dragon Necropolis
    Chardok

The server's written in c so yeas a c++ compiler can build that, the client is written in c#, so it cannot. The .NET framework comes with a compiler that can be used.

Got anything that's set as the invisible man race drawn as a gray dot now to make them easier to pick out, this'll be in the next release.

A request, well 2 really.

Can you make it so we can slide/move the bar between the map and spawn list?

A future addittion/wish.. Exp window, i found this really helpful in the old SEQ.

Keep up the great work.
    I believe in gun control. I use both hands

Thread Information