Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Working SEQ alternative

Resizing like that is planned, first I'm fixing the scrolling and zooming. Exp window probably won't happen without some info about how to pull this data out of the client, if it's even possible that is.

Crap, I think the last version is broken and won't update the locations of the mobs. I already have a fix, but it's too late to upload it atm, so i'll put it up with some other fixes in the morning
    Last edited by cavemanbob; 04-08-2003 at 12:48 AM.

Its very easy with a lot of people saying this wont work and that wont work to get peed off and walk away, i would just like to say Thank you and WELL DONE CaveManBob for a grand piece of software, i really think with the current ui in eq that the only thing left that we really need is a spawn window and alert manager and i think thats just what you have created. thats all i really used ShowEQ for anyways for scouting and pulling on raids and checking for rare spawns as i move through a zone.

Things that i would like to see if at all possible and if any are easy to fix quickly

1. Choice of alert sound ie single wav file called alert.wav so i can still use my fav alert tune .

2. ability to resize the mob list window and map, mob list is more important to me than the map for initial view.

gcc

just fyi, but the server code compiles under gcc without any problems...

// gcc -c myseqserverc.cpp
    // gcc -o myseqserverc.exe myseqserverc.o -lth32 -lwsock32

Extremely nice work, thank you CavemanBob.

Just got one "small" visual suggestion for the program. Maybe make an option of having more than one map window so you can use one for zooming in on your location, and another for overview? Generally something like this old picture of SINS http://sins.sourceforge.net/images/sins-lg.png

Again very nice work!
    Last edited by Linux4e; 04-08-2003 at 11:48 AM.

CaveManBob,
    Holler if you need a place to host your stuff. Can get you setup rather quick.

CGEQ

Re: gcc

Originally posted by user387
    [B]just fyi, but the server code compiles under gcc without any problems...
    Hmm.... are you using gcc natively under Windows or are you running cygwin? I'm doing the latter and have not managed to get it to compile successfully.

native gcc...

why would I user cygwin?

New patch with new eqgame.exe, need new offsets?

Stuck at work, so I can't try it out, so I'll just ask. Does this also show the position of other players? Or only mobs currently?

players as well

Originally posted by user387
    why would I user cygwin?
    Because it's a great environment for making Windows XP feel like it's a Linux box.

Could you give me a pointer to where to get the "native" version please? http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html seems to have various versions, all of which seem to be parts of larger projects.

Thanks.

New patch seems have broke it, anyone have the new offset?

Yes, if anyone has the offsets let me know. The MQ people seem to have them, but they aren't posted anywhere... If anyone wants to set up a SF project or something to throw this stuff up on that'd be great, I don't really have time at the moment.

Good to hear that the server builds under gcc, has anyone tried doing a command line build of the client with csc yet?

At any rate, here's a quick list of features coming today and stuff that won't be done int the short term anyway.

Coming Soon:
    * Stupid annoying zooming... <- this is already done, defaults to a view of the whole map, then zooms in like it should
    * Scroll bars are gone. These were pissing me off last so I just use the offset boxes at the bottom for scrolling now, if someone else wants to deal with them feel free
    * WAY less network usage, I'm hacking all the usless crap out of the SPAWNINFO stuff, this should drop the usage from ~6.6Mb/s to closer to 1Mb/s, o this may fix some problems.
    * Customizable beeps with wav's, I like this idea, probably go in after teh major changes above
    * Resizing the map and listbox with a slider between them. This should be easy.
    * Some sort of alert manager, again a good idea, gotta get the major stuff done first though
    * Putting the offsets in a file with the server.
    * Cleanup of the codebase: There's lots of hidden exceptions tossing uncaught exceptions that the c# docs don't mention and some general ugliness that needs to be fixes
    * Other map windows... again a good idea, but the map control needs to be cleaned up some first

Not coming soon:
    * Exp window. I have no idea where this data would come from in the client, but if anyone can figure out how to pull only your kils out of the client great
    * Guild management stuff, same as above

Most of the above changes are already in place, but I think I'll put the new netcode in place before anything is released because that stupid brute for hack's been pissing me off since I started this thing...

As a quick note the new netcode uses ~170KB/s (1.3Mb/s) in a zone with 500 mobs and 250ms update time uncompressed, which I am MUCH happier with
    Last edited by cavemanbob; 04-08-2003 at 12:12 PM.

Found this on the macroquest website for todays patch

[MacroQuest]
    MacroQuestVersion=SRC-20030308
    ClientName=eqgame
    ClientVersion=Tue Apr 08 03:05:xx 2003
    ClientOverride=0
    MacroQuestWinClassName=__MacroQuestTray
    MacroQuestWinName=MacroQuest

[Function Locations]
    WriteChatColor=004DB0EB
    GetRaceByID=004D09EE
    GetClassByID=004D0399
    GetDeityByID=004D1E90
    LeftClick=0
    RightClick=0
    ScreenItem=0045C8B7
    ScreenSpawn=004E4A41
    NewUIINI=0044759C
    MaxMana=00464CE8
    Commands=004E3B79
    CmdCleanup=0
    MemChecker=004F3EEE

[DirectInput8]
    Main=00772DDC
    Keyboard=00772DE0
    Mouse=00772DE4

[Memory Locations]
    Zoning=00759B5C
    Zones=00759B70
    SpawnHeader=00759B74
    Items=00759B78
    Doors=00759B90
    SpawnFooter=00759B9C
    Char=00759BB0
    CharInfo=00759BB8
    Target=00759BBC
    Guilds=0
    Packs=0
    Mouse=0
    Attack=0
    Spells=00767340
    CommandList=005A7808
    DoAbilityList=0073078C
    DoAbilityAvailable=0072BA08
    Group=006A9CF8
    GroupCount=006A9BB0
    HSliderItems=0
    HSliderMoney=0
    PackPanel1=0
    PackPanel2=0
    clsMain=0
    clsItems=00759BE0
    clsSpawns=00759B68
    clsInvPanel=0
    clsMerchantPanelStatus=0
    clsMerchantItemBase=0
    clsMerchantSelectedItem=0
    clsMerchantSelectedSlotID=0
    clsMainNewUI=00772F78
    clsMainSpellRefresh=0
    clsMainSpellMemId=0
    clsMainSpellMemBar=0
    clsMainSpellMemGem=0

EncryptPad=005C1A7C

Cool

Caveman is there any chance on getting body types into this project or is that even possible? I know for sure The grey has multitudes of traps if your looking for a zone to test it in, its helpful to see the body type because many times the said mob is type untargettable, timer, trap, things like this. Again thanks for the dedication you are putting into this.

Thread Information