Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Working SEQ alternative

at the risk of being obvious don't forget to push the "go" button after you put in the server address.

sometimes it's the little things ya know?

Very nicely done mate. I was a bit hesitant at first, due to the fact I was so confortable with SEQ... It took about 3 - 5 minutes of messing around to get it to work properly. It just seems to be a bit touchy with when you try and look for EQgame.exe(IE, when you click the "Go" button). The map, as far as I can tell, doesn't zoom out all the way. Not a big deal of course(Maybe I'm just stupid )
    Usually I post my character here...but uh...yeah...

I'll hack something up to make the zooming better later tonight, I've also put in a column in the box to show the mob type which should make it easier to find traps and such that'll be in the next update.

when i telnet to that port, i get a bunch of garbage and happened to see my characters surname in there somewhere so i know its from EQ, also the server screen says it gets a connection and all. I guess it is narrowed down to putting the right ip address in the client. I tried the ip address that i got off an internet site telling what your ip address is but when i click go a popup comes up saying the target machine refused connection. Am I using the wrong IP address? if so where do i get it from?

In Win98 you can get your IP info by running winipcfg. If you are using an NT variant, you will need to open a cmd window and run ipconfig.

One issue I noticed was I was able to run a client from the same OS (Win98). But if my client was XP and server was on 98, I could not see any info. I'll do a little more testing to see what is up.

That worked. Looks great only thing now is when I zone the map doesnt change and i have to restart both server and client. Not really that big a deal but if theres is something I can do to fix this please tell. Awesome job Cavemanbob, keep up the great work.

I'll look at the zoning thing, I had a very limited time to test the changes earlier so something probably got broken. I haven't done any testing on win98 yet, I'll give it a try if I have time later tonight.

What could cause this? Tried installing it on my 3rd windows comp. Wanted to run both server and client on same machine and just set IP to 127.0.0.1 Changed offsets, downloaded newest version... Load the server, then the client. But when im in game and hit go....nothing happens. I get a "Connection from 127.0.0.1" message on the server...and when i telnet to that port i get the garbage n such. Just that the client isnt showing any info. Any ideas?

This is just a follow up to my last post. I was actually able to get skittles on my winxp box (win98 running the server) after I telnet'ed in and saw some weird stuff. Guess it just wiggled the wire a little. Hehe.

One thing I noticed was it certainly doesn't like multiple clients. I had my win98 client still going when I tried my Xp box. The 98 client died and I had to restart the server.

Just an observation, but it seems like I have to restart the server anytime I connect from a different client.

Feedback for CaveMan

Thanks for pushing out this app. A few things I noticed on the latest release, maybe I did something wrong but figured I would point out anyhow.

#Stupid Note : I loaded the server on EQbox and then loaded the client and input the IP address of the server. I clicked GO (without EQ loaded) and got an error saying

"File not Found: ./maps/LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.map"

After going back over and over on my map locations and playing around. I just restarted the server, and client then ran EQ. Once in the game I clicked on GO ..and Viola ..I had map and spawn.

============================================

(1)

My first round I zoned and the client did not update new zone map nor mob info. Had to stop server, start server and stop client and start client to get it working again.

============================================

(2)

The Zoom and Pan features of the Map kept popping errors, all over the place when I was moving around looking at things. I was however to click CONTINUE and it resumed working.

=============================================

Done.

Thanks for your work on this program.

PS -

I am running in WinXP on both Boxes.

The LLLLLL... map thing is indicative of the server missing sending a packet, I've only had it happen very rarely, but it's part of a design problem in the server where if a memory offset can't be read for some reason it just skips it and keeps going often leading to odd results. The server isn't exactly the best example of good network design at the moment...

Multiple clients on one server won't work at the moment due to the design of the server.

Zoning thing I know about and will look into shortly.

Zoom & Pan will be looked at and probably replaced soon.

I have had problems using the 127.0.0.1 address, windows may not be using this address as I expect it to. I'll likely get the client to do a DNS lookup on the address instead in the near future, in which case localhost will work better.
    Last edited by cavemanbob; 04-09-2003 at 09:51 PM.

NP everything else is working awesomly. Thanks for all the work =) keep it up Cave

This is one sweet program, and last time imma pester ya about it caveman but would really love to get "body type" included in this when you get the chance. Its important in many ways because you might see and this is hypothetical a mob called say King tormax but by body type he is an event trigger or invisible or a placeholder or a trap and not the real King tormax ...so you can see how it can be quite usefull. If you can implement it cool if not im not gonna complain one bit.

It's already in and waiting for release I'll either put the new version up late tonight or tomorrow morning.

I'll probably throw this project into cvs.alteria.sf.net tomorrow as myseq and myseqsever for some temp cvs hosting. I'll post more details when it's done.
    More solid hosting is on the way as well.

Any way to make the mouse wheel zoom in/out on your character or perhaps a way to select wether to zoom in on your character or zoom in on the mob you selected?

Thread Information