Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new Project SEQ

Welcome to the new Project SEQ

Welcome to the new Project SEQ website.

SEQ isn't just for EQ anymore. Well... sort of.

With the advent of all the new MMOLG's out now and scheduled to come out, there is a need for a central site dedicated to the more technical aspects of those individual games.

ShowEQ was the first widely popular program of a new breed of packet analyzers dedicated soley to analyzing and displaying data about a specific applicaton, as opposed to a more generalized packet analyzer. As such, this project still retains the SEQ moniker, but we are dedicated to Online Games in general, and not just EverQuest.

ShowEQ played a vital and important role in the history of EverQuest, being the catalyst for innumerable bug fixes and misinformation given to the players of EverQuest. In effect, SEQ kept the Verant developers honest at worst, and identified bugs and poor quality control at best. Without SEQ, EverQuest would be a far less playable game than it is today.

SEQ opened the door for programs like Excalibur ans SINS, and we hope that it can pave the way for many more; In effect providing free third party verification and auditing of the online games you pay for. We are not in the employ nor are we paid by any of the companies operating the games represented at this site. We are not beholden to them in any fashion, and we will provide the truth about what's really happening behind the scenes. That is our one and only goal.

If you are a developer or the creator of a packet analyzer for any online game and you would like a set of message forums for your program, please contact Ratt to setup your forums.
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

This is going to sound really stupid, but how do you get to the old forums asside from clicking on a link to all the old threads? I maybe don't quite get it yet

Okay, now i feel stupid. The word "EverQuest" (along with every other game) is a link. i missed this because it doesn't have the underline i'm normally looking for

Just now... i noticed that below each of the game titles there is also a clickie link for its program

Any chance of just a "general" discussion forum for everyone to talk about what ever?
    Last edited by fryfrog; 04-11-2003 at 05:05 AM.

The new site looks great Ratt. Nice work.

I agree, very nicely done Ratt.
    Usually I post my character here...but uh...yeah...

Ratt I like the new look. Thanks for your continued support of the projects.

Love the new changes Ratt. Nice to see that you are expanding into more games. Is there any chance we can have a forum to discuss "other" games that don't currently have their own forums? I'm currently testing several games and it would be cool to see who else is involved with them and maybe start exchanging some info on them.

Active in the Forums

Is this going to list all posts to all forums, new posts that is.??.

If it is could you add where it will list which forum it belongs to, or which program it's going to pertain to?..
    --
    It'll all come out in the wash...

- tested and approved by SEQ users world wide!

Hobo - Let me know what other games and I will add them to the list. The ones listed are the only ones could think of off the top of my head.

Is this going to list all posts to all forums, new posts that is.??.

If it is could you add where it will list which forum it belongs to, or which program it's going to pertain to?..
    Yes, all forums. I agree it's kind of confusing, I'll need to see if I can change that up a bit.
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

I like the new site, great job Ratt.

I am curious though as to what is going on with SEQ. I heard talk about modifying it to accept input from memory readers / server progs like cavemanbobs. I think that would be a good way to go. That way the awesome SEQ GUI can be retained and enhanced while a plethora of memory readers can be developed in windows.

There has been precious little information provided by any definitive source as to the direction of SEQ. If you would be so kind as to give the faithful a few lines I know it would be appreciated.

Current Active Topics for Project SEQ

Could we also get an option here to remove already read topics?
    Mark forum read kinda deal?...

Or make it how you want to make it /grin
    --
    It'll all come out in the wash...

- tested and approved by SEQ users world wide!

In the "Active Topics" section, can it identify which section the topic is under? I see a "does anyone play this game" from casey and wonder if it's about EQ or what. Even just the most general topic, like which game, or something like that would help a lot.

Ratt,

I think Hobo was asking for a catch-all "Other Games" forum, where folks could create topics about games not already listed. If one of those games seems to have enough interest to become it's own forum, it could be added, then. Sounds like a good idea to me.

\\=^ )
    A lesson on time travel will be held yesterday.

Love it

I love what you dit Ratt.

Kudo !

Thumbs up

Nice layout. It took me a bit of clicking to find all the info and get comfortable with it. Besides the deep fear of change, I actually like this.

Thanks again Ratt !

Wow! Super site... soooo much easier to find stuff now! =-D Kudos!

Thread Information