Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EQ2 - map functions

EQ2 - map functions

Is anyone working on eq2? Even just a cartography system that works better than the one built into the game would be cool. I think that the setup is similar to eq1 - your zone info is populated when you arrive by all of the npc's and such.. then updated when your in visual range...

I know that the developers are probably still playing the game themselves, but when they start work on eq2, can they post something to that effect? Or will they get bombarded with 'when are ya gonna be done?' type questions?

Thanks,
    Knidiot

PS: dont know anything about C or Linux.. just a newb! So sorry in advance if I offended anyone)

Re: EQ2 - map functions

How old is EQ2 ... just a thought 8)
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

Come on, it's been out for at leat a couple of days now

Shouldn't you have a new SEQII for it yet?

/em Smacks himself

Ok lets fan the flames and start the SEQ2 rumor mill.

Ive already made a MySEQ2. I programmed it in Ada. Currently it shows the position of every mob in EQ2, shows the loot table of each mob, shows time remaining for the rares, shows the position of every player in the game, shows every GMs position with a big flashing circle. Not only that, I took it one step further. I made it track the GMs real life position using Global Satellite Positioning! Just for the hell of it, I also made it track Brad Quaids movements.

Warning: this program is traceable and bannable. I have yet to defeat the Sony anti-seq code. When you run this program and play EQ2, it makes your toon run around in circles really fast and makes him yell "I am a NOOBIE! Phear Me!". Aside from that, it works perfectly.

I am posting the source to it below. If anyone wants to add to it or change it, feel free to do so. I just ask that you NOT sell it. I have included a nasty virus in it that detects when someone tries to sell it. It will not only destroy your hard drive, it will also kill your first born child. Enjoy.

Code:
    with Text_To; use Text_To
      procedure noobie is
        begin
        put("I am a NOOBIE! Phear Me!");
     end noobie
    Sorry, I have a cold and am bored. Decided to do something creative to bring this place back to life.
    Last edited by BlueAdept; 11-15-2004 at 09:23 AM.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

BA
    -- Lord Crush

This is a HOTKEY !!!

Developer

You know, I actually think that is Ada...

Actually it is Ada and should work if compiled.

In college I took basic, cobol, fortran, pascal, assembly, but on my own I learned some Ada and C. I havent used any of it in 17 years though.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Never heard of Ada - is that an older no-longer-used language? (17 years ago, I was still in Jr. High, not even knowing that "C" is a language yet; but I knew BASIC )

When I was in the Air Force we had to learn Ada. It was supposed to be the "official" programming language for the military. No one ever used it though.

Yea it was supposed to be "THE" language to learn. Supposedly everything was going to be written in it.

Ended up being another dead language like fortran and pascal.

Famous Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept
    Ive already made a MySEQ2.
    Plz plz email me a copy!

P.S.
    -QR

Sadly, Ada still lives on, zombie-like, eating brains and rampaging about in certain areas... mostly military though.

OK, I decided to give this a try. So I built the code, and with great anticipation I logged in to EQ2. But all it did was make my character run around in circles and yell "I am a NOOBIE! Phear Me!".

What did I do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by RebelWithCause
    OK, I decided to give this a try. So I built the code, and with great anticipation I logged in to EQ2. But all it did was make my character run around in circles and yell "I am a NOOBIE! Phear Me!".

What did I do wrong?
    Lol

But i would like to get this back to more serious

I have played EQ2 now about 2 weeks and the ingame mapping sucks really ... i would really love to see a *only* gps SEQ2 that makes it possible to build own maps ( If it can show more .. ill surely will not complain ).

Badly my own coding skills are too much limited to little patching or barly understandig the code (if ever 8) ), than to write that my own ...

*simile*

-- LC
    Last edited by LordCrush; 11-28-2004 at 03:40 PM.
    -- Lord Crush

This is a HOTKEY !!!

I'd love to have a look at it, but alas the local walmart carries neither EQ2 or Wow. I'll probably order the pair tomorrow when I get to work just to give them both a play, I've heard they're both pretty fun so far anyway.

Thread Information