Thread: Rumors of it's demise have been greatly exaggerated...

Rumors of its demise have been greatly exaggerated...

Unless you are a listed SEQ developer, then please stfu with your assumptions about SEQ being dead.

Here's the deal boiled down so that no one is confused. First, SEQ is greater than you and your self-centered, all-important attitude about what you think you deserve (and I'm no hypocrite, I don't 'deserve' anything either from devs). Secondly, the devs here have NEVER lied to me or you as long as I have been involved....what reason do you have for them to start now.

This is it guys, if you're a dev, then post right here in this thread if SEQ is dead. Otherwise, everyone else should stfu or go away. If you don't trust the leaders, you probably shouldn't be here.

I'd also advise you to take a hint from the recent creation of the MySEQ forum. Why would they move it to a new forum if SEQ were dead? I saw that move as a desire to keep the two projects seperated.

Also, why would they keep these forums alive if the project were dead? Why the fuck would they keep an IRC channel to hear people like us bitch if the project were dead? Hell, you'd think they'd want to shut everything down and have some peace and quiet.

So...unless an official dev and not some gimp ass, lame, impatient 12 yr old tells me that SEQ is dead, I'm going to keep coming back. My advice if for everyone to suck it up, and wait for what will probably be the best version of SEQ yet.
    Last edited by Amadeus; 04-17-2003 at 11:30 PM.

Your post is every bit as condisending as someone who posts that SEQ is dead....After all, what evidence, other than the word of teh devs have we seen otherwise since Feb? After 3+ years of wonderful work they have just stopped communicating with us. You cannot go to the IRC channel and ask because you get booted, no one here posts anything but empty reassurances that the project is on-going and we have heard nothing, in fact, the new web page format and it's support for other game sniffers indicates that the Dev work on SEQ may in fact have ceased....we have been playing without a working SEQ for 4 months, In that time I have found that I no longer really need SEQ, but the game isn't as enjoyable without it...I would thank the Devs for their work up until the Feb nerf, from that point, there really hasnt been much to thank them for...We have no way of know that work is even being done on SEQ any longer....Stop sucking up, instead how about asking nicely whether there will truely ever be a new CVS...If the Devs are as honest as you say they are, they will tell you what is being done....

My advice -- "Don't hold your breath"

Perhaps there's a working SEQ right now, and the people who coded it are waiting for all those impatient crybabies who are complaining "we have been playing without a working SEQ for 4 months" to go away.

Or perhaps they're laughing at the people crying about how "the game isn't as enjoyable without it", and won't release it, because all those posts will stop and they'll lose the entertainment value from reading the boards.

Or perhaps if you have nothing constructive to say, don't post, play the game or quit (can I have your stuff?) and let the people working on it work on it.

I don't blame them if they're holding back a release simply because people here have demonstrated they don't deserve it by their crying and gnashing of teeth.

We have no way of know that work is even being done on SEQ any longer....Stop sucking up, instead how about asking nicely whether there will truely ever be a new CVS...If the Devs are as honest as you say they are, they will tell you what is being done....
    You guys are a riot...the devs have been posting for weeks that things are being done, just slowly and that no date had been set for a release. You folks are just the examples of the impatient pains-in-the-ass that assume that if something isn't done immediately it's never going to get done.

Read Ratt's posting:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=2

Originally posted by Amadeus
    You guys are a riot...the devs have been posting for weeks that things are being done, just slowly and that no date had been set for a release.
    I am personally convinced that the people who have the new netcode figured out are all in the PlanetSide or SW:G or (insert other game here) beta and don't have the time or desire to work on SEQ since they don't play much, if at all, anymore. But that's just my opinion.
    -QR

Rumors of it's demise have been greatly exaggerated...
    actually, saddam is probably still alive. Your "it" is a null pointer, i cant seem to derefrence it without raising a segmentation violation, please restructure your sentance and try again.

bad_grammar++
    casey AT trifocus DOT net

good point

The death of SEQ is greatly exaggerated, I'm sure of it!

Nah, that's unpossible!

Wow... glad I didn't switch my OS on my extra box. Way to go mvern et al!!!

-uu

Thread Information