Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Test Version #2

Nope

Still have the error I posted in my last post. I am going to compile using the source you provide and try. The error I posted is from the binary and comes up as soon as you run the executable. don't see any of the program, just the error as soon as I click it.

2 things.

1) I tried to run the debugger and at this time would be able to decipher ancient hieroglyphics better then what I just looked at. believe me, however, I am going to learn this (not the hieroglyphic part but the coding) and help you sir. I find all this more interesting a hobby then anything else.. well my 9month old comes first then this then my wife. hehe.

2) when you get a chance can you please contact me via ICQ - 346972789, AIM - KizzyEQ, YahooIM - KizzyEQ, or MSN - [email protected] (kizzy). much appreciated and this is not to look for one on one help for this cause I do know how many people need support and there are only 24 hours in a day but is in regards to something else.
    Last edited by Kizzy; 04-18-2003 at 08:05 PM.

Well, this newest client stoped the crash on startup for me, so I'm gonna go in and test now.

Yes no more crash on startup but I can't seem to get it to talk to the server. Will try to re-download the server and make sure I have the right version.

Re-downloaded server test2 and can now talk between the server and client. I still however do not get mobs in LoY zones.

Thanks for your hard work it is much appreciated.

I'm almost done DLing the LoY zones, once I've got them I'll have a look at what's going on in there.

Well, all my particular problems with the locking up, and the LoY problems continue.
    It just locked up on me while resizing the main window. It's just odd to me that I can watch the screen for a long time and everything is great, but everytime I touch the mouse button, I run the risk of lockup. It doesnt always happen though. I can click target on the map a little, work in the list even more.
    I've found that if I "slowly" (about 2 click per second) use any of the offsets, I get many, many clicks in before any lcokups (and cpu never gets to 100%, but the faster I click, the more likely I am to freeze.

Now that it's client-pull, here should be no more client or incoming data buffer overruns, correct?

That being said, just by watching the program run, you can tell everything is happening more orderly.
    The list looks great! Grabbing the map to move it is awesome too!

Mr. Doh

It's something in the packet decoding I think. I had it stop updating a number of times tonight while I was playing and that was what it appeared to be. I think I might rewrite part of that code tomorrow.

was ok

compiled and ran fine. was all well with a few minor things I was noting then it just stopped. rebooted both machines cause I was working on some stuff and ran both with no communication problem or nothing. But it just stopped reading mobs and all. They see eachother but nothing coming into client. My only guess is they changes the offsets so will wait for someone (until I learn how to do that which btw if anyone can point me in the direction to a starting point to learn to do this much appreciated) to post them.

I'm currently using it ok, for the most part, so the offsets are ok. If it's a LoY zone, there is a known problem on those.

Does it show as incoming connection on the server?

Mr. Doh

I have managed to replicate the client suddenly stopping receiving data suddenly and it appears to be a socket problem. It's a pain to track down though as it happens intermittently for me.

Thread Information