View Poll Results: did Scott Peterson do it?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • no way! just look at that face!

4 28.57%
  • yes, but she probably deserved it

10 71.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Peterson - guilty of double murder?

Originally posted by Hobo
    NO ONE deserves to be killed <snip> I hope the ass that did this is castrated and then stoned to death slowly and painfully.
    Foot -> mouth.

What kind of a stupid poll gives you a choice of "Yes, but she probably deserved it"?
    I was thinking along the same lines Hobo. That shows the irresponsibility of some of the younger people. (Thus, I also say they dont need to be behind the wheel of an automobile until they are at least 19).

And I hope some day you grow up to realize that no woman deserves to be beaten or die violently at the hands of another person as this woman did. Your poll disgusts me.
    This is truth in the extreme. "How?" Some may ask..

Women are still put beneath men. Regardless. Women are considered less than men by alot of "MEN". Being a man, doesn't make a you better than a Woman. No woman OR man, deserves to be beaten or die violently at the hands of another person...

10th Grade, Junior in College... whatever. While you are still learning, learn the value of human life. Learn and feel what it MIGHT have been, to BE that person. Learn how important it is to be honest to others, and be honest to yourself.

Originally posted by board Lizard
    sometimes i lie about being older to try and fit in and make myself feel better about being so young
    Lying shouldn't make you feel better about yourself.

Originally posted by Hobo
    What kind of a stupid poll gives you a choice of "Yes, but she probably deserved it"?
    Agreed, not a smart way of setting up a poll. It's possible that this is his way of dealing with such a horrible incident. It's a hallmark characteristic of desensitization, and if a teacher generates an in-depth descussion on this in a 10th grade history class.... hmmm.... well, that gets into a different topic.

Originally posted by OgerSEQ
    I just want to know why this is such a big deal and is national news...
    In addition to the drama, if there is any question on whether or not an unborn child counts as a human, this case could set a precident that gets cited in the future regarding other cases involving unborn children.

Edit: Corrected a typo
    Last edited by Lyroschen; 04-29-2003 at 06:12 PM.
    A lesson on time travel will be held yesterday.

At 8 months, the baby in the womb was most likely viable... Meanning that if it was born, it had a very good chance of surviving.

As far as the beating and murdering of not only his wife but of a very small child, I get the feeling that he is going to get some payback in prision. There is a lot of scum in prison, but even a lot of that "scum" has it's limits... They REALLY don't like child abusers and murders? Well, I think he might have some "accidents"

Now, I'm not some do gooder preaching about how someone shouldn't eat meat and that using horses for farm work is abusive to the animals, etc, but I think that people are correct that Women in this day and age are still considered below many Men and positions of power. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, I'm just saying that that's the way things still are. For crying out loud, take a look at how Women were treated by the Taliban in Afghanistan!

I have small children at home and I'm apalled at anyone that is found to have abused a child. I've also lost a daughter at 5 days old to a congenital heart defect, so I also understand what a catestrophic loss that really is, that STILL doesn't excuse ANYONE from ever hurting a child.

What is the sickest thing is that when you look at all the races of animals on this planet, were the only ones who murder each other for things other than survival. Actually, "murder" is a premedittated act involving consious decisions to committ the act... To the best of my knowledge, there isn't any other life form in the planet who has that ability. Some times I wonder how "superior" we actually with that peice of reptillian brain still in all of us (Yea yea yea, I could go on for hours...)

Agreed, not a smart way of setting up a pole.
    Yeah, and I agree that its not the smart way of spelling this kind of POLL either.

Maybe the POLE you're used to is the kind you smoke.

::Slurp Slurp::

LOL, kinda funny you picked me out of this whole thing to attack, BL. ::shrug:: Maybe my typo made me your only real target. Doesn't matter, you're probably still lashing out from the embarassment of being caught in a lie. Feel free to lash out at me. It's only text, and I don't mind. \\=^ )
    A lesson on time travel will be held yesterday.

actually i just thought it would be funny.

Personally, I will wait until I see what is presented as evidence before I jump to conclusions. Sure circumstantial evidence is pretty easy to paint a wide picture and is the easiest to use to by prosecutors. I haven't heard enough about the case yet. I believe in real evidence, hard evidence. And motive is being inferred also as far as I have heard. Like the fact that he had 10k in cash and had face hair. I'll wait for the trial.

And as far as the second 'murder' case. Well, I believe the fetus had some semblance of status as it was too old to perform an abortion on, was viable and healthy. I believe this case is dependent upon the primary conviction of the mother's murder. Like a death that results from the commission of a felony. Tough luck.

But I don't believe in convicting anyone because of TV or news paper stories. I need to hear the facts of the matter, not speculation drawn by an emotional woman or other family member. nuff said.

This is a new discovery that will make your life easier.

If it is decided that there is sufficient evidence that Mr. Peterson did consciously and with intent murder either victim then he should be put to death. This needs to be done because we simply cannot allow him to murder anyone else. Notions of whether he deserves this verdict or that it may be some type of fitting revenge are irrelevant. Moral standings do not apply. This is the result of breaking the law and being caught.

As far as imprisoning him is concerned, I don’t believe that this is a worth-while effort. As, far as I can tell, Mr. Peterson has no outstanding value to his community or the human race. There is no rational reason to expend further effort and resources to keep him alive yet detained. If it is decided that Mr. Peterson has committed these crimes against the law, then it is my opinion that Mr. Peterson has forfeit his rights to the pursuit of happiness and should be dealt with as a threat upon the livelihood of those with which he has contact and summarily destroyed before any further activity on his part can render harmful effects on any other individual.

These would be my opinions on any similar issue.
    End of Line.

Personally, I would rather see him sentenced to life in prison, the most heinous (sp?) prison system on the planet, and let the prison population take care of him...his life sentence won't be very long...and at least the prison inmates can do what we have ALL wished on him (if he's guilty....actually guilty...just cause someone is found guilty, doesn't mean they are, but then as someone prior stated that humans are the only animals that murder...we are also the only animal that judges others)

Anyhow...start of with removing his scrotum with a dirty pair of scissors...let him walk around with his testicals hanging out...then..oh forget it...there are little kids reading this (points at board Lizard)...

He'll die...sooner or later, whether or not if he's guilty...pfft.

Originally posted by RavenCT
    There is a lot of scum in prison, but even a lot of that "scum" has it's limits... They REALLY don't like child abusers and murders? Well, I think he might have some "accidents"
    Sorry to say that I doubt he'll be put in the general population. He'll get death row with his own cell. 1 hour of excercise a day under "close" watching.

M

I can't believe people still respond to anything board Lizard posts, anymore. After blatantly admitting that he is nothing more than a Troll.... /boggle

Actually I’m a junior because I’ve been attending a university for 3 years now (at the end of this semester.)

I also know full well what a semaphore is and how to implement one, as for all of my other posts.. In case you haven't noticed by now, probably due to the high levels of retard in your blood stream, I’m a troll.

And if you're in doubt of my trolling ability, then I would point you to the first post I made (which was later renamed something along the lines of "How to lurk something") and was also stickied in the RRRRRRRRR section for some time, but i'm far too lazy.
    Casey made note of part of this same post earlier. The entire post is
    here if anyone cares to subject themselves to board Lizard's mindless banter.

... too bad there isn't an /ignore feature on the forums.
    Just say no to sigs

Wow...Poor boardLizard...doesn't know how old he is AND he admits to being a troll...I, being a fairly capricious user of message boards, never knew what a "troll" was in the sense used on message boards...oh I had my speculation as to its definition and was happy to say I was correct in my assumption...below is a definition of troll I found on Dictionary.com...and I must say board lizard...if you confess to being a troll, what a sad life you lead...at least according to the below definition, which, might I add, does quite an ironic job of trolling you

Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

troll

v.,n. 1. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To
    utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable
    responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase
    "trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream
    "trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a
    likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post
    that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look
    even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to
    the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate
    troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See
    also YHBT. 2. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1;
    regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a
    newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to
    annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by
    the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic
    at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly
    creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming
    characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of
    life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll." 3.
    [Berkeley] Computer lab monitor. A popular campus job for CS
    students. Duties include helping newbies and ensuring that lab
    policies are followed. Probably so-called because it involves
    lurking in dark cavelike corners.
    I'm sure we all know what board Lizard is doing there...if he's old enough

Some people claim that the troll (sense 1) is properly a narrower
    category than flame bait, that a troll is categorized by containing
    some assertion that is wrong but not overtly controversial. See
    also Troll-O-Meter.

v.,n. 1. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To
    utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable
    responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase
    "trolling for newbies"
    cant keep your multiple newbie troll personalities in order?
    Sure, it just stops beating in the presence of liars!
    I hope the ass that did this is castrated and then stoned to death slowly and painfully.
    I was thinking along the same lines Hobo. That shows the irresponsibility of some of the younger people. (Thus, I also say they dont need to be behind the wheel of an automobile until they are at least 19).
    10th Grade, Junior in College... whatever. While you are still learning, learn the value of human life. Learn and feel what it MIGHT have been, to BE that person. Learn how important it is to be honest to others, and be honest to yourself.
    And I hope some day you grow up to realize that no woman deserves to be beaten or die violently at the hands of another person as this woman did. Your poll disgusts me.
    It's a hallmark characteristic of desensitization
    there are little kids reading this (points at board Lizard)...
    The entire post is here if anyone cares to subject themselves to board Lizard's mindless banter.
    Looks like I win, "newbies."

Looks like I win, "newbies."
    then i guess the jokes on you....
    casey AT trifocus DOT net

Thread Information