Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.8 Server

I've noticed it seems sluggish as well, even after dropping the delay down as low a 10ms where it was dead smooth before the 1.8 server. I have no idea what could be causing the slowdown, but I'll run it through the profiler and see what it says.

The windows 98 freezes seem to be related to the checkMobs function and as it doesn't work properly anyway I'll likely be rewriting the entire function shortly. I have no idea what could be causing the lockup on win98 and not winnt, but I've been runing the client for ~20 minutes with it commented out

It's probably some hidden mob with an invalid ID, I'm going to put checks for valid values into the client on all the data stored in the arrays. It's too easy for invalid data to bomb the client at the moment.

Last edited by cavemanbob; 04-24-2003 at 10:17 PM.

Server is showing v1.7. Also, I'm not getting directional lines on the client. Checked and unchecked the box a few times, exited and restarted the client too - I'll fiddle more later.

CGEQ

Nice work!: one suggestion

Program works like a champ, super job. suggestion: On your mob list to the left when you click a mob in the list, I don't see it highlight or make a vector to that pc/npc/object on the map. That's something that was in linux showeq that would be very helpful if it could be added.

O~!
    Override~!

Thumbs up GOOD JOB

GOOD JOB

Install help file

Is there a help file, that directs you how in add this 1.8a server update to the the SEQ?

Here is a client fix for when maps aren't found

I'm looking over the CVS and patch section to see about uploading patches like the old site but am not seeing where to do so. Will continue looking. In the meantime, here are a couple of files (if it will attach) to fix issues when maps weren't available.

It fixes:

blank mobs
    exception errors
    inaccurate message
    blank title
    Attached Files Attached Files

K, I'll add it in. There's some major changes to the way the server reads the mob and drop info that I've just commited to cvs as well.

So.. the way to go to get the latest server code now is to get it from cvs and compile ourselves?

If so.. What compiler would be easy for a n00b WinXP user to use for that? And how to compile?

The newest development code is in the seq cvs, there's a link in the main menu box on the left to instructions on how to retrieve it from there. The client and server are in the myseq module.

I don't know which compiler would be good, if you have easy access to visual studio 6 or 7, that'd be the easiest, but cygwin, gcc or any other of the free one shoud work as well.

I'm not sure about the command line parameters for the free ones, I think someone posted something in the old thread about that...

Question

So.. What are the command line options for Visual 6 or 7?

-Lane

Dunno the command line offhand, but if you have the vs7 ide you can just load the solutions and build them that way.

Thread Information