Thread: Just a curious question to the devs

Question Just a curious question to the devs

When a patch breaks SEQ, what is your reaction? Is it:

"Ah well, knew this would come. Let me grab some coffee and see what they have done THIS time." /crack knuckle, ready for challenge.

Or

"Damn it! Not again?! I have had enough of this stupid crap. I just fixed it 2 weeks ago. Arrrggghhh" /open a can of beer and go watch TV

I know my coders are usually closer to the 2nd when either the customers change spec or when I change designs. I'm just curious to see how the do-it-for-love programmers feel.

Not that I'm an authority on the subject (lol) but I'd suspect a combination of the 2

Shouldn't this be a poll rather than a question? =-P

-Raksul

How about when a Dev sees a question like this they think to themselves:

"Ooh, I should be like the first one. SurfAngel has motivated me to work twice as hard! We need more posters like that!"

or

"Does he actually think I'm gonna waste my time responding?"

or

"::click back arrow, mark forum read::"

or

"Why do I bother reading these forums?"
    A lesson on time travel will be held yesterday.

ewwwww, such a jaded attitude. Maybe the question was posted with an honest intent to commune with a developer. Then again . . .

This is a new discovery that will make your life easier.

I would think it all depends on the individual Dev.

Keeping in mind the majority of the devs that work on the project have little to do with the issues that cause the outtages after a patch.

Most just want a stable working environment to make their own contributions.

Mvern is just awesome! he and any that are assisting him are allowing us to share in their efforts. Just glad they are on the job.

Wooo, such attitude. Mr. Contributing Member here thinks he's the forum god and should strike down whoever he sees fit. Grow up, you're no Jeeves.

You have become better at Immitating Jeeves! (1)

Why do you even bother? With MySEQ there are working alternatives ready for you to use. Its not like SEQ is the only thing out there now. Give it a try.

LOL, I think Jeeves is cool. Don't always agree with him, and am not as quick to flame. But, I appreciate the comparison.

Normally I wouldn't have bothered posting to you, but I was curious about what kind of person you were. Scoffing at me 'cause I contributed to the EFF answered that.

As for your post, I suspect you were hoping to get some kind of response from a dev, at least that's what it appeared to be. Did you actually think about it, first? Do you actually read these boards? Lots of folks would love to have a peek into the current mindframe of the devs. Lots of folks seem to want up-to-the-second updates on how close someone is to fixing it. Lots of folks want to know if the devs are taking a break, 'cause they just fixed it a while ago, and are burned out. These questions get posted over and over and over. Your post appears to me to be the exact same thing, dressed up to look like it might be something else.

If you're not fixing it yourself, then you're along for the ride like everyone else, and saying "Are we there yet?" , "How fast are you going?", "How much further?", etc. is annoying. If you REALLY need something to do while you wait, click refresh on the web page repeatedly, and see if the status changes from Red to Green. \\=^ ) Or better yet, help me figure out a way to send Ratt and mvern some hookers and beer via PayPal. \\=^ )

You know Lyros, I assume you are someone smart, how can you be so blantantly presumptuous about my intention?

I'm a manager in a software development company and I do have a crew of monkeys pounding keyboards for me every single day while I wield my 10D6 whip in hand. Now if a little genuine interest in my part about the deeper thoughts of people who do it for love (as oppose to my monkeys who do it for money) yields me this kind of response. Then I rather deal with them than people like you who think they are gods or at least mind readers.

At least I know what they want and they know what I want. I don't give a sh_t about your crusade so don't give me these freaking attitudes. Mr. know it all god damn it go back into your freaking coding cave or else I whip you for the next 2 weeks while taking your paycheck away.

Green?

Lyro -- You aren't a dev I take it.. and you presume too much.

Me? I'm fixing what I can, and waiting for the stuff I can't.

In otherwords. Unless I see "opcode fix for SpawnAppearanceCode" or something like that from you, I think Angel's request is quite refreshing.

Coffee Angel. Lots and Lots of Coffee. Hammer through what you can. Watch a little TV, harrass the spouse, prolly go see a movie. Come back.. hammer through some more, eat dinner.. go to bed.. get up... take shower... get coffee.. go to work.. come home.. play with kids.. hammer through some code... eat dinner.. hammer through some code... watch news.. read a book.. hassle spouse.. go to bed....

That would be ME.

And I am NOT a DEV THO. LOL.

Thanks for moving this to RRRRRR.
    Last edited by Lyroschen; 04-28-2003 at 09:05 PM.

Actually, the penguin by my name does mean that I am better than you. Thanks for noticing!

aaearon

[SIZE=72]postcount++[/SIZE]

postcount++

Thread Information