Thread: Did you ever notice...?

Did you ever notice...?

Yeah, I started this thread in R6 for a reason...

Did you ever notice that this particular forum never seems to have any new messages whenever SEQ is working?

Could it be that when SEQ is down, we all have nothing better to do that complain about stuff, which then gets thrown here?

Ok, now that I pointed out the obvious stuff... start lighting up them flamethrowers, and burn me for wasting your time by making you read this.

thats the way the irc channel is too. 40-50 people normally, but when showeq breaks, its hit 200 users
    casey AT trifocus DOT net

Casey,
    I've always wondered, why does your sig show a picture of an approach below the guide slope? Subtle foreshadowing? Statement about the general state of the world? Enquiring minds want to know

Originally posted by Yueh
    Casey,
    I've always wondered, why does your sig show a picture of an approach below the guide slope? Subtle foreshadowing? Statement about the general state of the world? Enquiring minds want to know
    because unless its night time, or im doing an instrument approach, i dont fly the 3 degree glideslope

you can see in the sig, after the runway number, on either side of the centerline, there are a set of striped lines (3 each), and after it a large solid block. The solid blocks are 1000 ft after the runway threshold and known as the touchdown zone, and the glideslope will bring you down to these markers. I usually aim for the numbers, and not the TDZ, and make a steeper approach than the glideslope.

note that i dont descend below the glideslope until im pretty close to the airport (over the approach lights usually), and i'll actually follow the glideslope (or fly above it) descending at ~ 120 kts until over the approach lights, then i'll pull the throttle, level to lose airspeed, drop the flaps and come in slow and steep.

That first taxiway on the right after the TDZ is juliet, a highspeed turnoff in the opposite direction. I always make that turn after landing

rwy 17L/35R 150x9000ft

17R/35L 150x12248ft (though the runway is actually 300 ft wide, 75 ft shoulders on both sides)

Thread Information