Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishlist / Buglist

Wishlist

There's others, but this is what I've pulled out of the threads so far.

Wishlist:
    * Select on Consider
    - Not sure if this is even possible
    * Stats, AA, EXP, ...
    * Searching mob list by entering a string in a dialog
    * Hotkey for highlighting the current target
    * Optional breadcrumbs behind mobs

Known Bugs:
    * X, Y, Z, Dist in the listbox don't update.
    - Performance reasons.
    * Port changing still doesn't work in 1.9 server
    - Fixed and waiting for release
    * Big red X instead of map.
    * Win98 & ME issue still seem to exist.
    * Maybe a couple of network issues causing the client & server to get out of sync.
    * Horse level being used instead of player level
    - I've got no idea what's going on here and can't test as I have no horse at the moment.
    * Jumpy map in general.
    Last edited by MQSEQ2; 12-22-2003 at 12:20 PM.

Not sure if this is possible, but it should be by reading exp and aaexp values and storing them.

Basicly, I used SEQ's function to tell me the exp/minute i was getting whacking things. Also the exp/hour. Since the client no longer stores exact exp settings (unless you zone-they are then updated exactly) this involved a little work by SEQ to notice when the bar moved a pixel and interpolate backwards per level.

Its alot of work for normal exp, but should be really easy for aaexp since its always teh same (lvl 51 exp i think. 15 million). Maybe get this working for aaexp first, then put the interpolation fuction in for normal exp?

Anyways this is really useful for the soloing (and to a lesser extent a grouped character) in altering fighting strategies to maxamize exp/minute. It was the second best thing SEQ had, skittles being number 1. :P

It would also be nice to fix it so it can be ran from a network drive..

I would like to see the ability to play a *WAV file instead of a system board beep. But would love the ability for it to send out an EMail notification... Just ask for SMTP settings and addresses to send the notification to. But, hey I'm happy with it the way it is.

What do you think the chances are of getting the Win98 lockups resolved?

Thanks again for writing this.

A couple of other things.

1) Eq time shown somewhere on the form.

2) If I am zoomed in on a map and I move the dividing bar between the spawn list and the map, it resets to 100. I can live with it, but its a pain.

Keep up the great work CMB
    I believe in gun control. I use both hands

The win98 bugs will get resolved, but it's a huge pain to debug on it.

Is it possible to have a different symbol used for PCs vs NPCs? I may have missed it if this was addressed allready. Instaead of dots, maybe squares or dots with () around PCs, whatever. ))

Nice job ))

This is a new discovery that will make your life easier.

Originally posted by cavemanbob
    The win98 bugs will get resolved, but it's a huge pain to debug on it.
    CMB,

I run a WIN98 client. The latest set of executables do lock it up - no big discovery - this is a known bug. But the prior set of executables seemed more stable for Win98.

I *can* still use your latest version. It's just that if I ever need to click on something or even roll over a skittle, I need to "stop" first. Then no lock ups.

Is there anything I could do to help you debug win98? I'm not a C programmer.

M

Follow up EDIT:

Originally posted by cavemanbob
    Actually I think it's fixed now. Something about sticking the listbox into it's own pane seems to have been the problem, so I'm taking that out for now.
    Sorry didn't see this one. Flame away - got my asbestos underwear on.
    Last edited by M_Frohike; 05-04-2003 at 09:20 PM.

2 small suggestions that could be usefull.

1. A filter for pets on the map to distinguish them from the mobs. Blue con pets are very hard to distinguish from mobs. So a selection to make pets all green or grey or something..

2. When you select a mob on the map make it highlight that mob in the list instead of just scrolling to it.

Also the spawn id field doesn't sort properly when you click on it.

How bout the ability to click on the names of mobs that we don't want displayed (like vendors (as a category)) or named mobs like the centaur that handles warrior armor in SK. Just clik on the names and they are no longer displayed.

And for NPCs that start with anything other than a letter, *** etc should be posted at the top of the list even when changing from one alphabetical listing to another. ))

Hope I was clear enough on my descriptions. ))

Keep going )))

Mob items

Terrific job so far. Just wondering if there are any moves being made to have a column list what mobs are holding?

Can We

Add ground spawns to the filter list for alerts? Maybe build it in so is a grouond spawn pops and it's on your list draw a line to it?

wish list addition

Please make it so the window remembers its location after its resized..
    Everytime it opens, i need to resize the window to fit on my screen.. would be very nice if once its set, it could save when saving options???

Just one thing is missing IMO from the current VERY EXCELLENT version...

Spawn timers.

It was VERY helpful to have the system watch for death/respawn events at each spawn point, and flash that little cross-hair, and change its color to grey/yellow/red when a spawn was about to occur. Made it VERY helpful to break and camp spawns.

R

Another 'wishlist thingy' hehe

The ability to straff left right up down without resizing the map. I sometimes just sit and med up while me buds are out looking and it'd be nice to just strafe the map one direction or the other without moving/resizing. Then a single key to recenter the map on me again would also be nice (since I'm just dreaming anyways hehe)

Keep up the good works, You get the erudianamanitarian award for being so smart and johnny on the spot!!!

Well being busy lately I haven't posted in here lately, but keep the suggestions up. At least if I don't get to them hopefully some other ambitious person will.

Now For some answers:
    XP/AAXP are coming, they will be fragile on struct changes though. This will need tweaking to see what kind of functionalilty people want though, directly logging what mob granted what EXP will be almost impossible though. Exp per time period is much more doable.

Docking listbox is mostly done already, just a little flakeyness left

Almost anything related to alerts beyond basic fucntionality sucks IMO, I would much prefer something closer to the regex stuff like the old SEQ. Time constraints rule me though, if anyone else can do better please do and submit it Same with hiding types or such, now with much of the major basic functionality done I'll try to get some UI stuff in.

Win98 and the server I can't test anymore I'm afraid, was forced to upgrade my windows test machine to NTFS so win98 won't go anymore... I have never tested the server on 98 or it's clone, so if anyone who has this problem and visual studio 6 or one of the free compilers can try it and tell me the error it would be a big help.

EQ Time = easy, gotta remember to do it though The splitter will be gone soon so it'll be a non issue soon.

Sorry if I missed something in here, it wasn't on purpose, but I read it anyway and will try to fix it at some point.

Thread Information