Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishlist / Buglist

A list window to display the mob's current drop table would be great. SEQ's doesnt appear to be working at the moment.

Hopefully this will be a relatively easy request when you've finally got time to work on it...

Map centering a la SEQ. Basically, have the screen centered on the center of the map, rather than the PC. That way, when entering, say, UP, half the map isn't off the zone because of it being centered on you instead of the center of the zone. It'd greatly reduce the amount I've got to move the map around. :-)

These are the feature's I've wanted to do for a long time, but haven't had a chance to due to time and cash reasons. I'm going to add another person for source additions if I can can contact ratt at some point shortly because I have been seriously stressed for time to even add the submitted code, which I really appreciate.

Lightbulb

Let me preface this with this statement: I LOVE MYSEQ. I dont have 10 hours a day to play EQ, but with this I can at least get done what I need to in the time I have!!

Now the requests.

I'd really like to see some new hotkeys. For example the plus key would zoom the map in, minus would zoom it out. Then the arrow keys would adjust the x,y offsets for example. And if its not too big a performance issue get the x,y,z and especially distance to update on mobs. Even if I have to hit F2 or something to do it once in a while or even just on allerted mobs.

Other key's I'd like to see would be:
    Next/prev mob in list (would be the same as selecting it in the list with the mouse)
    Select closest mob/next closest mob (would be great with filters and allerts but would need the distance updated) If you continued to press the key it would work its way out.

Just my 2 cents

Sunmanx when ShowEQ first came out it would show the loot the mobs had as well as the mobs HP's but SOE made some changes that caused the info to no longer be sent to the client...

The only thing possible to see on the mobs loot these days is if he is holding it...

BA
    "There once was a lady named Bright who could travel faster than light. She went out one day in a relative way and came back the previous night" - Albert Einstein

How about a louder spawn alert? Possibly something to wake me from my deep slumber to kill Stormfeather

I have been using SEQ for about 2 weeks now and I love it - fantastic job. Onto the topic at hand, a friend of a friend has made his own version of ShowEQ/SEQ and his version has some functionality that i think would be useful. However, he is paranoid to the Nth degree and will not let me have a copy of his program.

His program has a very similar structure to SEQ but has the following extras.

When you target a mob in EQ, it has a specific area for that mob details. Included in these details are (for players) Name Class Level etc, along with MANA, then a list of buffs the character has and how long in hours:mins:secs the buffs have left. It also has a read out of the exp in pixels per mob killed (and AA) along with the ZEM for that zone. The symbology is slightly larger making it easier to spot named mobs, take what you will from this list, but i think some of them are invaluable to players like myself and i am sure to a lot of you...
    blakbelt

I would like the ability to change the Window Caption of the Client and Server based on a setting in an INI file. I don't trust Sony, and if somebody accidentally clicks the button that allows Sony to gather information on my computer, I'd bet that running processes (and possibly the window captions) is something they gather.

Also, I didn't see any options for the server as far as what port it listens on. Could anyone change it so that it reads the port setting from an INI file? I don't know where my Visual Studio Disk 1 is or I'd attempt making the changes myself.

Thanks,
    Dan

due to wierdness with c++ builder and the source (and windows header files mostly) I couldn't test this but if you want to check it out here is the source for a port change in the server...

add a new line to your INI

[Port Setting]
    Port=5555

and use this source...

Should work - although my pointer useage is a bit off anymore...

quick and dirty also =) lemme know if I made a mistake too tired atm to try much harder
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quothe the raven, "Nevermore!" - Poe

In Server 2.0 version I'm working on, I use the Server Ini file for the Port and refresh rate.

In the 1.9 Server source code it was hardcoded to 5555 and the refresh rate was hardcoded to 250ms. You was suppose to be able to change it on the command line but looking at the ArgV statements they were off by 1 so the command lines never worked properly.

I will get the 2.0 Server out today or tomorrow. I have been testing it for about 2 weeks now and it is running with no problems.

Bug or Wish, either way this Should be the correct place....

After updating everything to 1.15.3 I have noticed the Client is no longer loading/reloading spawn filters on zoneing.... i.e. zone in to a new zone, and you must manually hit F2 or F6 to get the Filters to run at all..... Unless im missing something completly earlier versions were forcing a reload a second or two after finishing zoning, much more conveniant if you run your MySeq box on a seperate monitor, but use a keyboard switch.

Other point that has always been somewhat troublesome, adjusting the font size on the spawn list seems to Only change the font for unfiltered spawns, meaning you can crank the size all the way up if your running at a high resolution, but the spawns you DO filter out, will still be at the standard tiny size. Since the Filtered spawns are the ones most of us will have an interest in being able to see easily in the first place..... well we get the point...

I will take a look into this tonight.

Last edited by MQSEQ2; 11-04-2003 at 02:41 PM.

The server should have nothing to do with the refresh rate, the client requests packets when it needs them. The server does not send packets on a set frequency and it should not ever do so.

The client polls the server based on the setting chosen and the server had the code to do the same, some of it was commented out tho. The server does play a big part in the refresh rate becuase if you don't delay it some you can get into a battle between the client and EQ on who get's the CPU time. EQ try's to dominant the computer, which is sad to see becasue when you try to develop both server and client on the same EQ machine it can take awhile. That's why I use multiple computers for development and each one are XP2500 with a Gig of RAM and I see issues.

I'm not trying to debate on wether it should or shouldn't, I just give the folks to change the settings via the Ini file. So if you want no delay in the server set the refresh rate to 0 (basically the same as the code was) or you can bump it up for those that might need too because of a slower machine.

Eh? If the server is using too much CPU time because the refresh is set to fast slow it down on the client, it's going to have an identical effect as setting a delay in the server.

Thread Information