Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wishlist / Buglist

I have a slight "bug".. with the 1.15.9 release someone added something to help with the draw rates. Im not sure if the problems are related, but now the mobs on the screen are like 4 pixels in size. Meaning that the dot that represents the mob is tiny on the screen. Is there any way to resize that? Thanks.

-Mixy!

Go to the Options Window and set the Spawn Size to a higher number. This gives you finer control on how big you want your Spawns. If the future I may add the option to make the Mobs one size and the Players another, this wouls allow you even greater control of the drawing of Spawns.

OK, i feel like a dope... sorry about that.

-Mixy!

Suggestion:

Give the "range circle" a transparent background option. Now, you can select the same color as background but still "pixelates" anything inside the circle. A transparent background with the circumference highlighted would rock.

Have been thinking about this one for a while now so decided to ask if it was a possibility to try....

Is it possible for the map to go from a 2D to a 3D map?? If you can successfully draw things in the X and Y axis you should also be able to draw the Z axis in a 3D map??

Make not only the spawns but also the wall lines Z axis drawn with their height....

Main reason I am asking for this is zones like Ssra Temple and BoT are dam nearly impossible to tell where anything is because all the different levels overlapping each other...

I am sure this is possible to do but would it be worth all the extra coding required to add the Z axis drawing??

Is this something you would consider trying or is it too time consuming??

BA
    "There once was a lady named Bright who could travel faster than light. She went out one day in a relative way and came back the previous night" - Albert Einstein

I think the Range Circle is in Transparent (I will have to check, if not I will set up the option).

Yes we can draw things in 3D, there are several issues that would come from it tho. You would have to try and spin the map around just like any XBox games etc.

Now what I could try to do is create 2 small windows that has a Side Up View and a Front Up View as well as the Top Down View.

This would give you some differnet views, I might try to work on this over the weekend to see what I can come up with. But I have other features I'm working on first, ie. Spawn Timers and Server 2.0 stuff.

3D mapping would never end up being how you'd think it would be, at least with user created maps. The main problem is actually 2 fold:

1) While both SOE's and SEQ's map formats support 3D points to define lines, many of the older SEQ maps ignored the Z-axis when they were created and as such, all points have the same Z-axis.

2) Even if all the existing maps were completely re-done to include the proper Z-axis for all points in them, you'd still only have a glorified floor-plan. There are no definitions for walls, ceilings, etc. And you won't really ever get that with user created maps. You'd have to have code to read the EQ zone files basically.

I know there has been chit chat in the SEQ mapping forums about 3D mapping. So perhaps there is some more insight there that I'm not thinking of. You might wanna do a search over there.

Originally posted by Blind Aviator
    Main reason I am asking for this is zones like Ssra Temple and BoT are dam nearly impossible to tell where anything is because all the different levels overlapping each other...
    The other thing I forgot to mention is that the problem your describing has been worked around by implementing "Depth Filtering" in both the SEQ client and MySEQ client. Similar to the way "Height Filter" in the in-game mapping works, MySEQ will only show you the portion of the map and mobs that are within a certain Z-axis range so that you don't have to wade through all the other stuff.

But the limiting factor in both cases is still 100% accurate maps which we don't have yet.

Sometimes when you switch from freestanding to a mount (to a horse or lizard) all the mobs will start to con RED on myseq. I suppose the reference for level comparison has errorneously been switched to the mount instead of you.

Now what I could try to do is create 2 small windows that has a Side Up View and a Front Up View as well as the Top Down View.
    That is kinda what I was thinking about... Maybe give a menu option to split the current map window to show the Z axis rendering....

1) While both SOE's and SEQ's map formats support 3D points to define lines, many of the older SEQ maps ignored the Z-axis when they were created and as such, all points have the same Z-axis.
    True but it could be a work in progress and eventually be something really useful... Once the feature is available you would likely find a lot of the older maps re-mapped by people so they would have accurate Z axis for the new mapping system.... I myself have already re-mapped 10-15 old zones to be more accurate and would likely be a pretty good representation of the zones....

Thx for the reply and the effort MqSEQ2 and others...

BA
    "There once was a lady named Bright who could travel faster than light. She went out one day in a relative way and came back the previous night" - Albert Einstein

Before you read this, then I have to admit that I haven't read throuh the 4 pages of posts in this thread, so please take it easy on the flames if it's something that's already suggested

I am 2-boxing and run mySEQ on a NOT-so-up-to-date laptop, so while running 2 instances of mySEQ is possible, then it takes a good amount of the laptops ressources.

Is there any chance to make a feature, where you can switch between two (maybe even more) IP adresse on-the-fly? I was thinking about, just adding some sort of array where you save the IP-address(es) and then a cycle-button or something like that at the bottom of the main screen.

Alternately, give me a location where I can download "Visual studio .NET" and I volunteer to make it
    /mc swanbeck

Reading your post it sounds like you have 2 computers running EQ on each computer. On these computers you are running the Server program on each one.

Then you have a Client that you want to monitor each one of the EQ machines. Because the Server is hardcoded to be port 5555 you can't run multiple Client's monitoring each of the Servers. This is because port 5555 can only be bound once. What would be needed is that EQ1 set to port 5555 and EQ2 set to port 5556 (something different). This will be resolved in the Server 2.0 and future Client.

Now what you are currenlty asking is to add the option to toggle between Servers. I can look into this, but you know when we add new features that we save to a file, you will loose those IP Addresses and all the other settings (Thanks Microsoft).

As for VS .NET, I can't help you there other than directing you to a store (trying to stay legal).

Originally posted by MQSEQ2
    [B]Reading your post it sounds like you have 2 computers running EQ on each computer. On these computers you are running the Server program on each one.
    Yeah, my bad for forgetting to say that. I do ahve 2 computers running EQ and will of course have 2 mySEQ-servers running.

Originally posted by MQSEQ2
    Now what you are currenlty asking is to add the option to toggle between Servers. I can look into this, but you know when we add new features that we save to a file, you will loose those IP Addresses and all the other settings (Thanks Microsoft).
    The feature is actually just a shortcut instead of going to config, type in a new IP address (taken that I use the same port) and then click GO.
    /mc swanbeck

I will see what I can do. Maybe allow you to enter 5 IP Addresses then assign then a Hot key for example:

Ctrl + 1 = IP Address 1
    Ctrl + 2 = IP Address 2
    Ctrl + 3 = IP Address 3
    Ctrl + 4 = IP Address 4
    Ctrl + 5 = IP Address 5

Then when you hit Ctrl + {Number} it will automatically swith you to that Server (Stoping and Starting with the new IP Address).

That's should be doable.

Originally posted by mcswanbeck
    Alternately, give me a location where I can download "Visual studio .NET" and I volunteer to make it
    You don't need Visual Studio .NET to read or compile the code. It just makes it more pretty and convenient. The .NET Framework SDK is a free download from Microsoft and includes documentation and the .NET compiler.

Thread Information