Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PHP EQ Server Status Script

Originally posted by Elyon
    The same goes for the missing servers. They are missing from the status, not from any scripts... this script will automatically add new servers as they are added to status.everquest.com ... however, SOE seems to have forgotten about the server and has not updated it in forever."
    Yeah, I knew about this part, my script only reports what the status server tells it (which is why it still works, despite it being over a year old), just must have missed the part about Rallos Zek
    MF

Looks like this script is not working anymore Or else SOE is not updating the server status... During last patch the script was showing servers up and they were not at all ...

( Sorry Ratt for the PM, Search is your friend )

Looks like this script is not working anymore Or else SOE is not updating the server status...
    SOE is not updating the server status
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

Has the status server changed? I'm not getting updates anymore, however the version on this site works.

I attempted to connect to it myself, only to get connection timed out:
    [t3]gpcentre/$ telnet status.everquest.com 24252
    Trying 64.37.148.131...
    telnet: connect to address 64.37.148.131: Connection timed out

I attempted to connect to it myself, only to get connection timed out:
    [t3]gpcentre/$ telnet status.everquest.com 24252
    Trying 64.37.148.131...
    telnet: connect to address 64.37.148.131: Connection timed out
    You wouldn't be able to connect via telnet, it's UDP only. Go here to read up on the protocol they use for the status server.

bleh, everything they do is UPD.

Alright, no biggy, but might I ask why isn't my Server Stats script working anymore then.

Post the source so we can take a look at it. Or is it Ratt's or my script? Details, bro.

Bleh! Details are for the weak. You're suppose to have that ESP junks and stuffs. Don't all us techies have it?

Using Ratt's script. Slightly modified to lessen things and fixing several PHP warnings.

Everything worked until about the time of the last patch. Just before that Test server was showing Down all the time. Now the normal servers do.

$status_host = "status.everquest.com";
    $status_port = 24252;

Attached is the source code that I use.

I just retested Ratt's script that's posted here, to make sure I'm not flanking anything, and it doesn't work either. So makes me think I need to change something to accomodate to the last patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please remember, that the eqss.php script is NOT the same script that's running on this site.

The server status script that's running on this site is totally and completely different than the eqss script.
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

Sorry to be a pest, but does anyone have a working version of this script? I've used what meager knowledge I have in an attempt to discern why it's not working, but it appears to jive with what's on the EQlive help information regarding this subject. Perhaps someone who maintains the working status information on this site (cough) might be able to assist me. Thanks in advance.
    CARRIER LOST
    No Connection.

Nope

SOE has stopped updating the status server, so technically, most of the scripts/apps out there ARE working correctly, reporting exactly what the SOE status server shows.

I have SEVERAL requests in to different people at SOE, and the only response I have gotten so far is "We'll look into it"
    MF

Ok, thanks for your response
    CARRIER LOST
    No Connection.

Is there any way we can get the code that is used on this site? It appears to be working... It's working righty? Have I been fooled again?

-Spunky the Super Squirrel

Thread Information