Thread: Is depth filtering broken?

Is depth filtering broken?

I try to use depth filtering on map and mobs and it acts like i am on 0 level it never hides anything!

It broken or did I not turn something off/on?

Shaka, When the Walls Fell:

We need more information to help you debug, like what zone were you in, did you check to see if the options were enabled, etc...

Several zones, includeing Knowledge, BoT, Ssra...

I right clicked on the map and checked Map Line Display > Depth Filtered & Spawn Depth Filter... if there is more than that no i did not.

ahahah, i feel like such a dork because i recognize that!

Darmok and Gilad at Tenagra! (i remembered Tenagra, but had to look up the two names... i suck)

somewhere there is an up/down thing that will set your bottom and cieling. you need to tweak these based on what you are looking for. also, i believe there is a map depth filter AND a spawn depth filter. compounding this, i also believe that map depth filtering will fail sometimes because not all the maps have a Z axis component.

edit: after re-reading your post it appears you grasp the idea that there is a seperate map and spawn depth filter :)

I wondered about that myself.

Don't get me wrong, I been using ShowEQ for quite a long time until PoP broke it then I stopped using it. I always use the depth filtering because it one of my most favorite feature in ShowEQ in zone like ssra or VT, however I recently went back using ShowEQ since they no longer require a encryted key from EQ box and the depth filter doesn't seem to be working like it use to be.

I'll enable the spawn and map filter then set my head and floor depth but it doesn't seem to adjust the map or spawn as I set it for. Either it's way off or something is not right on my ShowEQ. I dunno what yet but trying to firgue it out since the previous ShowEQ I was using it on a Redhat and now this one I am using it on a Gentoo with fluxbox.

Another annoying thing about depth filter which was in the previous ShowEQ as well in the present version of ShowEQ too is that the maxium depth setting you can set for it is at 3000 and the PoP zone have areas that are more than 3000 in depth.

Trying to firgue out what the problem is with mine atm .. but remember previous version I was using Redhat and now I am using it on Gentoo but I am sure that shouldn't make a difference ..

CBiLL

P.S. I double-checked the maps and they have Z axis component on them but the problem is also noticable on spawn too.

Gentoo user here.

The Z filtering is borked. No matter what depth you set for the floor, you can never get it to show fully. This in the old "runnyeye dungeon" (sp?).

I've set the value to the max and some of the lines show up as barely visible.

I'll try to take a look at the code but I'm not familiar with it at all... so no promises. :/

The mob filter seems to be working, but with much smaller values than before. IIRC, Ssra used to be about 1500 or so between floors. Now, I start to see other floors mobs as soon as I go over 100 or so.

The map filter options (alt-2 and alt-3) seem to be borked. They don't even recognize that my Z value is changing.

Also noticed that the status bar x/y/z is showing much smaller z numbers than I recall.

It seems to behave similarly in all zones.

I agree, is there anyone that can look in to this?

Re: Is depth filtering broken?

Anything ever found out about this?

Re: Is depth filtering broken?

Temba, his arms wide!

I've had some success with depth filtering. I'm no expert, FYI.

In Unrest, I've set the floor and ceiling variables using the UI. While it wasn't 100% what I expected, it did reduce the number of visible mobs. I'll take a closer look and check the docs to see if I'm doing everything right and then post a follow-up.
    ThePowerTool

Thread Information