Thread: Patch for Production Servers

Patch for Production Servers

Here's a patch for the current production servers. I hope it is suitable for inclusion in CVS. I fixed up the logger code the best I could considering some items are not in the charProfileStruct anymore.

Unzip in your showeq/src directory, cd there, and type:

patch -p0 < seq06252003.diff
    cd ..
    make clean && make && make install

You'll need to sync to what's in CVS now before you patch. You may want to save your existing src directory just in case.

Good luck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just wanted to say I think I applied your patch to a clean cvs and I think I compiled it. I haven't quite gotten around to testing it though... Well, I hope I applied and compiled it

Works like a dream!!!

Is this patch built on the previous patch? IE - are things just being set to 0 instead of being "fixed?"
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

This is a new patch.

I hooked up what I could. The aaxp value and unspent aaxp points aren't pointing at the right place in the structure because I couldn't find them. I changed logger.cpp to output the new format where I could and commented out the old code (listing of group members) where the data wasn't available.

It's certainly no worse than what was there before. I fixed several errors in logger.cpp and I don't even see where it's possible for that function to be called anymore. The menu item for it seems to be missing.

Up to you if you want to include it. It works fine for me, and it'll keep working fine whether the patch gets incorporated or not.

Purpose

My understanding of logger.cpp (or at least how I use it) is to list all structures in use in everquest.h presently.

In other words, all the "unknownxxx" should be listed in there. It is "ok" if "groupid" disappeared from everquest.h charprofile struct. It can safely "disappear" from logger.cpp, but if a new "unknown199" (which could be "groupid" or anything else) appears in everquest.h (because we don't know what it is), then it should appear in the logger.cpp file.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is the way I understood people were using logger.cpp and is the way I am using it now.

Ok... is that patch then for the current CVS tree?
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

This worked without crashing all night last night. Good job.

Yes, it's a patch against the current CVS contents.

Thread Information