Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ShowEQ Status now "ORANGE" on Live Servers

There was a thread where it was explained how to put into compile, the opcodes and such.

it explained how to add a few things to a file, recompile and I would see the opcodes come up. I have searched for it, (opcode, debug, opcode display in console, opcodes format) and cannot find the correct thread.

I had it bookmarked, but it is not taking me to the right thread, it says it has been Moved

if anyone can point me to the proper additions to make to the src files and where to make them, I would greatly appreciate it, so I can find the opcodes that are incorrect and help get things rolling again.

EDIT:
    NM... I found it. .
    HERE
    http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3571
    Last edited by QuerySEQ; 07-13-2003 at 02:38 PM.

Ok got mine running over the weekend. Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction. Here is what I did to make it work for others still having problems.

1. Delete the showeq directory.

2. Do a fresh CVS download (painful as CVS is screwed at SF and you may have to try many, many times before you get a download to work.)

3. Download Zoolander's fix here and copy the 2 files into the seq /src directory.

4. Download the seg fault fix from Thom_Merrilin here then move the file to the file to /src directory. cd to your src directory and type "patch < quickpatch.diff".

5. Return to your showeq directory and then just compile like normal.

Not saying this is the right way of doing it.. Just what worked for me is all. gl guys
    -AlphaBeta

Just as AB said, dunno if there is a right way at this point. This is what worked for me:

1. Updated using the most recent CVS (which may have changed since).

2. Applied Zoolander's patch found here: http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/sh...&threadid=3695

** This may already be in CVS. If it is, then just use the current CVS and skip this step.

3. Copied and applied Zoolander's files found here: http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/sh...&threadid=3671

Thanks to Zoo, codepig and everyone on the project. I kind of like this Yellow status -- people have to actually read and search a tad.

-uu

AlphaBeta, I did apply zoolander's but didnt try that seg fault fix, it crashes on me all the time. Do you actually have it working without any crashes after applying seg fault fix?

edit:
    nm, ill try to figure it out...redownload and remake
    Last edited by Baklan; 07-14-2003 at 10:32 AM.

any idea whats up with cvs server?
    im getting this error when trying to log in:

cvs [login aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

it happens when i press enter when it asks for pass.

edit:

disregard this plz... i tried another dozen of times and now its fine, it was some bug i guess or server full.
    Last edited by Baklan; 07-14-2003 at 10:43 AM.

Yup just hammer it and it will go

BTW... has anyone had a problem lately where it will work fine for 20 minutes or so.. then just stop updating mobs.. like turn a corner and mobs are there that arn't on seq? I have 2 machines setup and both do the same thing...

BTW.. i searched and didnt find anything bout this... feel free to flame on trolls

I think this has something to do with the way mob updates are sent to the client. They changed it sometime ago, the ingame tracking can be effected by it too.

Obviously it only effects Roamer mobs and it seems to be more pronounced if you move a good distance across the zone in a short amount of time. I believe you have to wait for the roamer to stop, then start moving again before you get an update. There maybe a timed update as well...
    Last edited by S_B_R; 07-14-2003 at 11:12 AM.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Baklan,

Yes adding the patch from Thom_Merrilin solves the seg fault errors.

And yes CVS sucks big ones. I think I tryed about 30 times before I got a download to work.
    -AlphaBeta

Actually... i was in BOT west all yesterday.. and it worked fine for bout 20 minutes.. then the puller yells the named it up... i look and nothing on the map in seq... all the static spawns hadn't decoded in seq for some reason... dunno..

Originally posted by Roads
    Actually... i was in BOT west all yesterday.. and it worked fine for bout 20 minutes.. then the puller yells the named it up... i look and nothing on the map in seq... all the static spawns hadn't decoded in seq for some reason... dunno..
    Yes, I turned off Automatic Detection, so I could at least have a stable map until I found the correct OpCode.. I was testing this in OOT, when I noticed that Gornit was up, but did not show on my map.

Now, Gornit moves around between 2 points and back to his original spawn point.

I also ran into that static MOB in Mistmoore, and she too was not on the map.. All other mobs showed up tho.

At one point, I decoded CharProfile opcode, and tried 0x0060 instead of the original 0x006a, and it worked but then I seg faulted. I do not think 0x0060 is a correct opcode, was just guessing at it.

I just redid my files again, and am working on adding the information to packets.cpp for decoding the opcodes better.

Thank you to Zoo, Thom and all of you that are helping by presenting good sources to look up.

Thank you AlphaBeta for presenting a good procedure for resolving this for some of us, using existing resources.

I applied merlin's patch and it works fine now!
    Thanks for the help alpha

Thread Information