Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depth Filtering - no more negative numbers?

Depth Filtering - no more negative numbers?

My current SEQ wont take depth filtering numbers below zero anymore. The UI wont accept a number below 5. Editing the XML file lets me put in a negative number, but the UI forces it back to 5s.

Negative depth filternig is important in places like CoD, where most of the zone exists "below" the 0 depth. If you're doing Bertox ring, the depth settings I used to use were something like -500 -200.

Anyone else seeing this?

Once I find the file that controls this, I'll look for the CVSblame that changed that line.
    Curio

Yeah, I am seriously missing Depth filtering

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/sh...&threadid=3657

Well i found where the UI is locking down the depth filtering to positive numbers. That was easy to change.

Code:
    diff -r1.37 map.cpp
    4633c4633
    <   m_head = new QSpinBox(5, 3000, 10, m_depthControlBox);
    ---
    >   m_head = new QSpinBox(-3000, 3000, 10, m_depthControlBox);
    4637c4637
    <   m_floor = new QSpinBox(5, 3000, 10, m_depthControlBox);
    ---
    >   m_floor = new QSpinBox(-3000, 3000, 10, m_depthControlBox);
    Or for those who want it in patch format.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Curio

Ty =)
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

I am hoping I am making sense out of this. Do I turn the two 5's into -3000's?
    Last edited by showeqnewb; 07-16-2003 at 10:49 PM.

correct. The first two parameters to QSpinBox in this call are min and max value.

So all that needed to be done was change the min to neg 3k.

I changed my min and max to -5000 and 5000. But, the Z azis filter is still fubar for some reason.

My guess is the problem lies in the parsing of the actual Z posistion of the player.

I changed the numbers but still do not get the different layers on the map.

For a test I use Ssra and run down to the basement. It still shows just the first level on the map.

Thanks for looking into it

I spent a closer look at the depth filtering:

To me it seems perfect right to limit m_headRoom and m_floorRoom to positive values greater than 5.

The interval against which depth filtered items are checked is calculated like
    [curPlayer.z -floorRoom, curPlayer.z+ headRoom]

negative values make no sense at all

Maybe try to relog in some place where map filtering does not work. If the map shows up correct after you log back in, the cause is in Z value updates for the player rather than in the map display.

I'm no familiar with the seq code, but if I remember right, wasn't the Z-axis shown by /loc and the one shown by showeq different at one time by a multiple of 10? After playing in Tactics pit a while, I've noticed that the Z-axis seems to be working properly, but just off by a certain amount. (While in the pit, it'd draw the main floor)

The Z-axis works fine with spawns, but its just not showing the lines on the map correctly, so maybe it was just something missed while drawing the map.

The best example I can give of this is in PoK with the CVS map. First, turn the head and foot settings to like 10ish, then head to the second floor of the library (Mage floor? 32.5 Z-axis). You'll see the layout outside of the library. (about 3 Z-axis). If you go up another floor and up the next set of stairs to about 70 Z, you'll see the layout of the library main floor (outside mapped at about 6.5 Z)

After further investigating, the map files themselves may be the over all problem with the old style Z axis. Locs of 3 were written as 30, 70 were written as 700, etc. So all that might be necessary is someone to write something to fix all the maps themselves. (Maybe this would be a good time to update all the maps with newer, more complete versions on the CVS)

Anyway, just some ideas being thrown out and I'll let ya'll take it from here.

For a good example of the problem goto SSRA, was there last night and no matter what lvl you goto or settings you use, if you have filtering on you can only see like 2 rooms of the whole zone..

Thanks for the hint. Since I already spent my time looking at this stuff, I will try to bring up a patch if I can make some sense out of what you observed.

The factor 10 seems perfect right for PoK.
    I could only test PoK, so not sure if the change works for everything.

Changing CurZ to CurZ/10 in lines 1459 and 1479 of mapcore.cpp worked for me. There may be a typo in line 1475, I did change the "0" to "i" in that line as well. Sorry for not bringing up a patch, but my editor somehow changes empty lines, which brings up a huge diff file.

Developer
    Wow, that did the trick

Thanks a bunch!

Ok let me see if I have this straight.

Change map.cpp back to 5/3000's from the -3000/3000 that was stated earlier

Then edit the mapcore.cpp and add a /10 to the end of the CurZ in lines 1459 and 1479?

Correct?

Thread Information