Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Depth Filtering - no more negative numbers?

For now just add the divide by 10 in the two mentioned lines in mapcore.cpp.

I have actually conceived a use for negatives values that I may implement within the next weeks so just leave the changes curio suggested. They won't harm your Seq in any way, however useful values are positive ones.

Excellent fix! alt-3 is still flaky, but having alt-2 working is better than nothing at all

I have been trying to script the changes in the .map files. So far, I have had no success. I am just learning PERL now. The best I have come up with so far is:

#! /usr/bin/perl
    print "What map file?";
    $map = <STDIN>;
    chomp ($map);
    open (IN, $map) || die "Can't open file $map: $!";
    $^I = ".bak";
    sub convert {
    while (<>) {
    if $_[0] == "L" {
    $_[3] = $_[3] / 10;
    $_[6] = $_[6] / 10;
    }
    }
    }
    close (IN) || die "Can't close $map: $!";

Obviously, this doesnt work. Syntax errors on line 9 and 16.

Could someone lend a hand with this please?

I don't think it is a good idea to fix the maps, since there are too many tools (e.g. EQ <-> SEQ converter) out there that depend on the current file format.

I have already found the map loader, but I am too busy to bring up a patch before next week. Once it is fixed there all display modes should work as they used to do so.

Edit: as a sidenote, "L" lines are 2 dimensional. Height is rarely (only highkeep.map) assigned with "H" lines. 3d mapping is done in "M" lines, which contain coordinate triplets as your script assumes.
    Last edited by suseuser7341; 07-24-2003 at 06:07 AM.

Since the patch, the only problem left that I see is if someone were to make or add to an existing map, the Z axis in the map file will be the correct Z axis, where we'd need it to be * 10. Looks really good though

Bad news kiddies. After putting a blanket divide by 10 into the loadMap method for all lines, I find out that this is not a full fix.

Guess what.... there are .map files out there that have the CORRECT Z value in them. Grimling, Hallowshade, etc... all have values that do not need adjustment. Some zones need a /10 and some do not. A blanket /10 will make one set of maps start working and it will break the ones that were working.

IMO, we need to find which maps are which and run one set thru a converter to make them all agree. My guess would be that all SoL and later zones are mapped this way.

/gumble and bitch

Scratch that SoL and later thing... Some PoP map files need the adjustment as well.

Thread Information