Thread: need help keep getting bash trying to start showeq

need help keep getting bash trying to start showeq

Ok, I've searched the help and have yet to find this problem so I am guessing it is do to my limited linux knowledge. I am a newb to linux but am also going to school for programming so don't worry me and google can tell what your saying . the problem is, is when i try to start showeq im not sure on a few things i followed the cvs install, and then i did the make and everything seemed fine now when I try to start showeq from the xserver I get bash: ./showeq: No such file or directory. I am not sure what may be the cause of this. I am running Red Hat Linux 9. Any help would be greatly appriciated, I'm using this time to get a feel for linux before I take my 2 unix and linux courses next semester. Thank's, Tom

first thing you must make sure that you are root.

then do cd /usr/local/bin

then ./showeq
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

ok, it had said not to do that while logged in as root are you talking about using the command to work from root, or are you talking about logging in as root? I will go try both in a few minutes. Also what is this looking for a specific file named showeq or is it just looking for what type of file from within the showeq folder? that last bit is just for my knowlege. Thank's, Tom

still had same problem, i redid the CVS install and here is the error i got durring the configure configure:

Code:
    configure:error: cannot find pcap_open_live in libpcap.  Read the INSTALL file.
    and then there is this

Code:
    [root@localhost showeq]# showeq
    bash: showeq: command not found
    [root@localhost showeq]# ./showeq
    bash: ./showeq: No such file or directory
    [root@localhost showeq]# cd /usr/local/bin
    [root@localhost bin]# ./showeq
    bash: ./showeq: No such file or directory
    [root@localhost bin]#
    Note: I did install the update after the configure.

Read the INSTALL file.
    Silly suggestion.....: did you do what it sais to do?

File is: INSTALL.newbies in the showeq directory. READ IT!
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

ok, i went through the INSTALL.newbies file. Was I wrong in my assumption that since this was an updated version of linux that all the packages are also updated (QT, GCC) etc? Because that was the onlything I could guess to as being the problem as listed inside of the file. Let me know I don't wanna go and install something if it is not needed and therefore could lead to other problems.

find / -name showeq -perm 0755 -type f 2>/dev/null

will show you where it is, if you compiled it correctly.

-Egg
    I'm just another fsck uucp.

here's a hint
    configure:error: cannot find pcap_open_live in libpcap. Read the INSTALL file.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Thread Information