Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: as I finally manage to install SEQ, new troubles arise :( help please

Unhappy as I finally manage to install SEQ, new troubles arise :( help please

Hi all

first of thank you all for helping me so nicely and reading my posts.

after an installation with as far as I can tell no errors I start ShowEQ, my network setup is the following: modem --- linuxbox --- SWITCH --- my EQ comp among others..

the modem goes into the linux box on interface eth0, then eth1 is connected to the LAN. the IP of my EQ comp is 192.168.1.13 and the ip of the linux box is 192.168.1.1.
    Now I have the interface to listen on set to eth1, and the IP adress of the EQ client 192.1681.1.13.

and the errors I get look like this:
    <here are alot more lines like the following 3 with only slight differeces, thought I dont post em all>
    WARNING: RemDropCode (00fe) (dataLen:310 != sizeof(remDropStruct):10)!
    Your player's id is 1788
    error: size > left (size=252, left=7, opcode=0x025c)
    error: size > left (size=253, left=92, opcode=0x0144)
    error: size > left (size=254, left=101, opcode=0x0144)
    <the 3 lines above keep coming up always with the different numbers with like 5 seconds delay>
    my firewall is shorewall, which bases on IPtables, is maybe that blocking something of SEQ? wouldnt make sense tzhough imo since its only "listening" right?

also I tried to add a policy to the firewall which states something like this: all:all ACCEPT and it still didnt work..

what happens in the SEQ window is the following, when I start EQ I get the circle with the 2red and a yellow line and it turns in the right direction.. I get all the spawns but they are "unknowen" except myself which displays as human warrior which I am not. (thats the default though I know that)

You have no problem with the networksetup ... that just fine.

Have you applied the needed patches ?
    Look under Network is there is decryption disabled .
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

looks like you didn't apply all the patches...

my showeq version is 4.3.8, and I dont have libEQ or keysniffer cus I was told I dont need em.. and I cant find the option about encryption in the network thingy.. maybe do you mean the option I can toggle which says "broken decode"?

ok now I noticed I had the libEQ.a instaklled from b4 I knew it doesent need it.. and I removed the file and tied again and now showeq crashed and gave segmentation fault output in console...

its getting worse :(

and what patches are you talking about? I just DLed seq from CVS..

Ok, this is where people are going to start getting pissy with you for not searching. I did a search for "patch cvs", and right there on the first page (6th one down at the time) was a message entitled "How I got SEQ going again...". And, like any helpful thread, read the WHOLE THING before actually doing anything.

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/sh...ighlight=patch

Im sorry to say, but we arent here to hold your hand and walk you through the entire thing. You need to do some research yourself or people will start to flame you for asking questions that are very easily answered.

You are missing some patches that need to be installed before it will work properly. Do a search.

If you still cant figure it out, maybe myseq would be easier for you to setup. It runs on windows and provides very similar features as SEQ.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

*shrug* I have done searches, but I guess I searched for the wrong terms.. nobody is perfect or? not even me

to Junk..

thanx alot bud your info was actually helpfull not just blah blah blah
    Ill try that and see if I have some more sucess with it

regards

Originally posted by Elvampira
    *shrug* I have done searches, but I guess I searched for the wrong terms.. nobody is perfect or? not even me

to Junk..

thanx alot bud your info was actually helpfull not just blah blah blah
    Ill try that and see if I have some more sucess with it

regards
    btw i have not seen bla bla here ... we gave some hints ... and you need to try more than one word with search!

Search after the words people that respond are guessing what is wrong...

look here ...

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/sh...&threadid=3844

and one thing at last: dont bash on people who take the time to help ... normaly in a short answer is info that can help
    -- Lord Crush

This is a HOTKEY !!!

well I was refering to him bashing me eventhough I tried for almoust an hour to find anything usefull on the board..

anyways no need to argue I just dont care for useless commands to make other ppl feel bad.

there might be morons on this board which ask for every crap I agree, but I am not one of them

thanx again for thouse that took the time to help me out

nm ... the thingy called search is a combine of imagianation and looking into a crystall ball
    The most difficult thing is to find the right terms to search for

Good Night
    -- Lord Crush

This is a HOTKEY !!!

3) cd to showeq directory and cp libeq.h libEQ.h
    this step I cant get to work, because there is no libeq.h file in my showeq directory.. did he mean the libeq.h file in the src directory? confused there

so I tried it with the file in the src directory and did as he told, the quickpatch of Merrillin couldnt be found at the link so I took the other quickpatch which was there and thatone didnt work.. I went on and read further down, now I am gonna try the other patch provided on the page and Ill try to not do the quickpatch..

if anyone cares to "hold my hand and walk me through" pleas say so that we can meet in a chat and I dont get flamed repeatedly for my lame skills with the search button

thank you

I got showeq to show me where I am in the map, but the map doesent load automaticly cus it says unknowen zone.. and I only get unknown as spawn data..

seems not to decode correctly, I have renamed libeq.h to libEQ.h in the src directory

and I applied some patches I tried with all kinds of patches and none worked

NM I GOT IT TO WORK..
    thanx to a humble soul taking 5 mins "holding my hand through it"

thanx to anyone else anyways

Grats. It only took you 30 posts and 4 threads for you to get it to work. Enjoy your skittles.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

aye.. go me!!!

Thread Information