Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: as I finally manage to install SEQ, new troubles arise :( help please

Originally posted by BlueAdept
    Grats. It only took you 30 posts and 4 threads for you to get it to work. Enjoy your skittles.
    ROFL ... Grats nm
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

Originally posted by Elvampira
    there might be morons on this board which ask for every crap I agree, but I am not one of them
    Originally posted by BlueAdept
    Grats. It only took you 30 posts and 4 threads for you to get it to work. Enjoy your skittles.
    Anyone else find the irony as funny as I do?
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

I find it funny too

but hey, I am greatfull to all of you for helping me.. I am happy with you just that sometime you guys can be really mean if someone isnt born as smart as you.. anyways, cool board I laughed hard the time I posted and read here

GL to all of you and beware of Elva when the next patch arises!!! :P

I am happy with you just that sometime you guys can be really mean if someone isnt born as smart
    I dont think we are mean, just trying to push people to use their brain and learn. It isnt about being smarter than others, its about filling up the boards with stuff that has been posted over and over.

It has become a lot easier to install now than it has in the past. There are also a lot of guides that people have made. There really shouldnt be much, if any, need for the majority of the questions that get posted here. It just takes a little time and research.

I am very supprised that your threads went on as long as they did without any real flames. Guess people like you.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

NM I GOT IT TO WORK..
    thanx to a humble soul taking 5 mins "holding my hand through it"

thanx to anyone else anyways

So I'm basically at the point you were at RIGHT before you made this post. What were you missing? Because I believe I'm missing that too. I've followed the instructions in this thread:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/sh...ighlight=patch

..to a T and applied both patches but I didn't apply the Merrlin's quickfix patch (since it doesn't seem necessary as people have been pointing out). And it still refuses to decode. Are there more recent opcodes patches or something? I have 9 different windows open from various threads across the board and I'm trying to find out where I went wrong and I'm just not seeing it.

Nevermind, I figured it out. I don't have an unzipping program for linux so I unzipped the patch on my windows machine and uploaded it to a server I have access to. I was wget'ing it directly into the src directory and it was renaming those two files by adding a .1 at the end and I wasn't noticing it.

well Blue Adept, as it turned out it was only a very small detail I didnt notice, and I followed all the HOW TOs and all the FAQs, someone just had to lift me on that small detail, all the posts you gave me didnt work for me, and the ones I found in search didnt work either guess I am not all that stupid in the end just missed a few details

I am very supprised that your threads went on as long as they did without any real flames. Guess people like you.
    well they know to better behave towards a woman

No one thought you were stupid, just maybe a little impatient. If you do take the time, probably about 99.95% of the problems have been answered already. The problem is sifting through all the results to find what you need.

I do want to thank you for posting that guide. Im sure it will help a lot of people. Most people trip over a problem, post about it and then say "NM, I got it" and leave it at that without explaining what they did to solve the problem.

The 2 links I had provided are good, too bad it didnt help you. TLDP does have some firewalling guides that are good and I have found it a great help in the past. http://www.tldp.org/.

The other link for gShield http://muse.linuxmafia.org/gshield.html is a pretty good and easy premade firewall, but since you had another set up, the link was unneeded.
    Last edited by BlueAdept; 08-12-2003 at 07:55 AM.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

well they know to better behave towards a woman
    Lol yeah right like that has ever saved me from a flame here...
    -AlphaBeta

Don't you think that if you are going to claim to be a woman you should change your "nom de stupid" to Lavampira?
    To search, or not to search,--that is the question:--
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous flaming
    Or to take a look at the search function,
    And by using it, end them?

Blue Adept:

yea I just wanted to make up for the trouble I caused everyone by helping others..
    I am a little impationt though at times I have to admit that hehe.. but I sure did alot of searches.. but you know what I find annoying? everyone tells you to use searches.. but me as a fast thinker I am just hellofalot in pain by not beeing able to send more than 1 search querys every 30 secs

just a thought since the forumn is so search heavy to decreas that time limit. dunno who is admin though

who_me_use_seq:

LaVampira as I first tried was rejected by Everquest.. so I decided since vampires are strange anyways I could as well roleplay with a shemale name Elvampira is my EQ name not only the board name.. sorry if I ofended anyone with that.

ohh and another thing, I have heared alot about SoE banning ppl or guilds because of show EQ, now to my understanding this happens only if the user behave stupid, is there ANY way SOE can track down SEQ? I have seen everyone say some different stuff, maybe you as an expert could clear it up for my stupid mind?

thanx

is there ANY way SOE can track down SEQ?
    This is covered in the FAQ.
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

Thread Information