Thread: installing for newbies

installing for newbies

Well I have been a long time user of ShowEQ and the search feature has always come in handy for any questions I might have had with myself being a total newbie to linux, infact I dont use Linux for anything else.
    So here is my 2 cents

It always seems after we get a new version of ShowEQ the newbie questions start up.
    I myself had a little trouble with this version but all was made clear by reading one file.

In your showeq dir there is a file INSTALL.newbies this cleared up alot of things for me. espeacially when it comes to qt3.0.5

So from a newbie to a newbies please look at all possible answers before starting a new thread the search feature on this forum is exellent.

Thankyou all for the hard work you put into bringing ShowEQ upto date and for bringing so many things to light in your hidden files for newbies

Doh... I missread his post. Sorry.
    Last edited by SeqTester; 08-28-2003 at 09:18 PM.

after trying various searches , I cannot find a INSTALL.newbie anywhere. Anyone care to post it so that I can follow the instuctions as it is printed?

install-newbie
    install_newbie
    INSTALL.newbie
    redhat install
    new install

Just a few of the many triggers I tried before posting. And I love search, when it gives me the results I need.

Originally posted by Krackerjack
    after trying various searches , I cannot find a INSTALL.newbie anywhere. Anyone care to post it so that I can follow the instuctions as it is printed?

install-newbie
    install_newbie
    INSTALL.newbie
    redhat install
    new install

Just a few of the many triggers I tried before posting. And I love search, when it gives me the results I need.
    Umm, INSTALL.newbies and INSTALL are both included in CVS and each and every single tarball I have posted right in the top level directory

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/v...NSTALL.newbies

Click on the first download link to see the file.

Or, if you already have downloaded the software, look in the docs driectory of wherever you downloaded it to.

Thanks fellas. Much appreciated.

Thread Information