Thread: need patch

need patch

I just installed the latest version ....10 or other. Do I still need the patchs?

Also of a related line, if I don't need the patches I can't seem to get the app to work. It starts up fine but can't see anything. The only possible error I can see is it says it can see the .xml file, but can't read it?

Thanks.

With the ammount of information you provide no-one is able to help you.

Did you put the powercord in the wall socket?
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

You can apply the patches to version x.x.9 which is about 4 days old or download the newer version x.x.10 which does not need the patches. Mr. S has a very short fuse as his avatar suggests

As for why the application won't start, that could be many many things and you are expected to do a fair amount of searching and reading to understand your problem. Most of the problems have been solved before and you are expected to be able to decode your problem from the error messages - search for those errors here - and discover the answer. It is a much faster way to results but it is more difficult, much more difficult to find it than to be told what it is. So when you get completely at a standstill and feel you have no where to go, tell us what you have learned and what exactly the issue is.

Currently the CVS system is very delayed or broken but a working tarball for version 10 is available. Download that, untarball it and skip the CVS steps is a quick overview to get you started.
    Last edited by sea4th; 08-31-2003 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks sea, that's what I was after. I will look around, just wanted to know if I had download the x.x.10 tar if it was a patch issue.

Thread Information