Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ShowEQ Map Converter Patch

ShowEQ Map Converter Patch

I was trying to get some nice LDoN maps for SEQ and scanning the threads for the map converter scripts as I have SOE maps, but not SEQ maps for the new zones.
    Went through the hassle of finding all the stuff I needed, converting the maps, etc, and realized I do this a lot.
    So I went ahead and added a new 'Tools' menu to showeq with:
    Map Conversion->SOE to SEQ, and SEQ to SOE!

This is a BETA patch, as in I have tested it, it works, but I have only tested it a little, individual usage may vary!

I am posting it here not because I would like it in CVS, but because I would like to hear other peoples comments on it, modifications to it, etc, so it can be a nicer addition to the ShowEQ code.

(Hence why it's only a link on this page at the moment and not on the SEQ Patches page)

Right now it does VERY basic map conversions (no line predictions when converting SOE->SEQ just straight 2 point M lines)

Colors are properly converted (with the exception of 0,0,0 (black))from SOE maps to SEQ maps (which it turns to 255 255 255 (white))
    (Actually it uses if R < 20 && G < 20 && B < 20)

Converting from SEQ maps to SOE maps, it properly converts HEX values to RGB, and also from named colors (eg. blue) to RGB without using an external RGB.txt file

I have tested this with a few zones and it *seemed* to work fine, though some lines were hard to see when loaded in EQ for example since SEQ primarily uses white ish lines, on the default EQ background is a bit hard to see ;)

SOE->SEQ works like a charm too :)

Feel more than free to chop up the code, rewrite parts, whatever, just please post here if you make a dramatic addition or fix (eg. line prediction so you can use multipoint M lines when going from SOE->SEQ)

It will patch against stock 4.3.12 as well as 4.3.12 with my previous patch adding shared platinum info.

Syntax to patch is:
    cd showeq
    patch -p1 < ../wherethepatchis/09-11-2003_4.3.12_mapConvert.patch

And you know the rest.

Well thats it for me for now.
    Have fun and hope it helps out a bit :)

Belith/UnGod

Patch

Here is the actual patch... Preview post decided to forget my attachment infos.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have only tested it on a couple of flat maps, but it worked flawlessly.
    Thanks for taking the time to add this valuable tool to SEQ

Sounds Great =)

I will test ist soon when i have time
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

I've not looked at this yet, but was wondering if this was good only for files one at a time, or can I give a path that contains a list of maps and it would do them all.

Thanks for the feature

Great Patch. Although maybe this could be just a first step, the next step would be to modify SEQ's map system to simply support SOE's map format natively?

Just a thought
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Although maybe this could be just a first step, the next step would be to modify SEQ's map system to simply support SOE's map format natively?

That would be my suggestion. Instead of having to use a converter, just make SEQ work natively with SOE's maps.

Probably a good idea...

In the interim, what's preventing SEQ from automagically running a SOE map through the converter before storing it in memory, instead of saving it to a file?

Being as I haven't looked at the map format in more than a year... is there an easy way to determinte which type of map it is?
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

Developer
    Got a chance to try this out, only on one zone so far - mmce. But the map it produced was identical to the one I got by running the SOE map through ksmiths converter script. Very nice work

Any idea how to get the maps to load automatically when you zone into a zone? Instead of having to File>Open Map ?

If you note the zone number (the bottom line of SEQ will show unknown_xxxx), then add that zone to the zones.h file with the correct number, it will come up properly.

I've only been on one adventure myself, and that was with the .11 version where zone numbers were not correct after patch.

As soon as I can get on a few adventures this weekend, I'll try to get a few updates for zones.h and races.h

Developer
    Thanks Been wondering why my PoE map wasn't working. It was named Poearth.map when it should've been Poeartha.map according to that file. Now I don't have load it or my new LDoN maps manually Thanks again.

BTW, what's the correct folder to put the maps in? /usr/local/share/showeq or /showeq/maps/ ?

/usr/local/share/showeq
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

I am a bit confused about how to apply this patch. I would like to restate in newbie terms what is going on here and see if I have missed something.

1. This patch adds a map conversion feature to show eq.

2. To patch, download and

Syntax to patch is:
    cd showeq .<-----this is the showeq that has all the precompiled source code
    patch -p1 < ../wherethepatchis/09-11-2003_4.3.12_mapConvert.patch

3. recompile SEQ

4. download SOE map files to my Linux box

5. use tool to convert SOE to SEQ maps.

6. making sure the new maps are in /usr/local/share/showeq .<-----this is the showeq that has all the postcompiled .conf and map files

Is that the basics?

Thanks in advance for all the great work done to keep SEQ up and running

Yes, you got it right

Originally posted by Ratt
    Probably a good idea...

In the interim, what's preventing SEQ from automagically running a SOE map through the converter before storing it in memory, instead of saving it to a file?

Being as I haven't looked at the map format in more than a year... is there an easy way to determinte which type of map it is?
    There's not much preventing it, that was my first attempt actually, but I kinda fudged it up a bit so I decided to go the route of a converter.

Now I have the base for the converter, the rest should be easy eneough :)

And that will probably be my next task, attempting to get a system for SEQ to simply load the maps :)

Belith/UnGod

Thread Information