Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ShowEQ Map Converter Patch

Do anyone want to post a collection of theese LDoN maps somewhere? For the ones that aint really into CVS versions and compiling stuff and such.. :P

Cyber

I'd be willing to host them. I've been lurking here for about 2 years.. suppose it's about time I did something to contribute.

Of course, that requires that I have them.
    Last edited by Vangard; 09-14-2003 at 04:13 PM.

Thumbs up Got em

Just went through and pulled out the maps for Veksar, Hate_B, and all the new LDON zones that I have (That should be all of them on EQ-Toolbox.).

I've gone ahead and converted the BEST map of each over to SEQ format using the new patch to SEQ to convert maps. The rule I used was that the "roomed" maps took precidence over the "Lines" maps. (go to EQ Toolbox and take a look at the difference between gukd_1.txt and gukd_3.txt to see what I mean) In other words, the more "complete" maps were the ones I converted. If there was no "complete" map, then the map with just the lines was converted. A list of those is following:

guka, gukg, gukh, mirb, mire, mirf, mirh, mirj, ruja, taka, takg, and takh

Of note is mirj, which may or may not be done at all (there's some lines on it but it looks AWEFULLY small).

To derail a second, the map conversion patch is an AWESOME patch, PLEASE get this into CVS, it makes adding new maps COMPLETELY trivial, or at best i'd like to beg and plead with the developer of the patch to keep it updated...this has been invaluable.

Back on track: I've gotten all maps for LDON, Hate B and Veksar transferred and have verified that all of them load into SEQ via the file/open command (I've not gone through and gotten the names corrected yet, will have to have a look at the zones.h file shortly).

Anyway, i'm gziping them as I speak...who wants to host them and how do I get them to you...PM me or just post back here.

--Raistlin

p.s. I also just did SolC as well. Chardok B is there also.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 09-15-2003 at 09:14 AM.
    - Raistlin

THanks Elyon, All went well untill I cut and pasted the name of the file and realized the "C" in the file name is really lowercase. After that worked like a charm.

is it to big to just attach to the thread here?

yes.. mine are over 700KB tar'ed and gzipped. it says max is 25600 bytes here on my reply screen.

Maps Download

Ok, for all of you waiting for the download instructions...here they are:

Follow this Link: NewZoneMaps.tar.bz2
    Or This Link:
    NewZoneMaps.tar.bz2
    From there, you should get a tar.bz2 file downloaded that has all the updated / converted maps in it I have.

Move that file into your /usr/local/share/showeq directory and uncompress (I use bzip2 -cd <file> | tar xvf -, but I know that's not the "best" command to use).

Anyway, that will extract the maps to the appropriate directory.

One item of note: Till the zones.h file gets updated with all the zones and their correct numbers SOME of these maps will not load automatically. Also, there seem to be some missing maps I think as well (not on maps.eq-toolbox.com). If someone knows of missing maps that they have SOE maps for, please let me know and i'll get them converted and into the zip.

Also, there were 2 other people who sent me PMs for hosting these maps. To help distribute the load, feel free to download the file from the link above and upload it to your sites as well (I can edit the message here to include the other links).

And if someone official like wants to take a look at what's in the download and consider putting it into RCS that might work too...

As always, if anyone finds any issues with any of the maps, please let me know.

Thanks

Oh, and PS, yea, the download is about 700K...too large to attach here. It's that Hate Plane B map that's doing it i'm sure..

Last edited by Raistlin; 09-26-2003 at 10:32 AM.
    - Raistlin

Tip:
    Code:
    bzip2 -cd <file> | tar xvf -
    can be replaced with
    Code:
    tar xjvf <file>
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Re: Maps Download

Originally posted by Raistlin
    Oh, and PS, yea, the download is about 700K...too large to attach here. It's that Hate Plane B map that's doing it i'm sure..
    Suuure, blame my hateplaneb map... I dare you to remap it smaller

I actually would like to see someone re-map it by hand rather than just converting the zone file though.

hateplaneb

I managed to get hateplaneb down to 393k from 515k just by running it through my converter twice. The only thing that changed is instead of having each line "segment" on a seperate line, it combines consecutive lines that a) are the same color, AND b) have common end points (within 5 units of each other)

I could widen the range on the end points and get an even smaller map, but that may affect accuracy.

It's located at:
    http://mapfiend.eq-toolbox.com/Hateplaneb_opt.txt
    MF

Developer
    Ok, for all of you waiting for the download instructions...here they are:

Follow this Link: NewZoneMaps.tar.bz2
    I will be happy to get these checked in, but I don't have time to go and test them all (I have time to see if they all load, but I don't have time to see if when visiting these zones, they get picked up properly...)

If there is consensus here that they are all good, I'll check them in.

Edit: This doesn't have to be all or nothing, if there is a group of maps that folks feel are ready for check in, thats fine too.
    Last edited by bonkersbobcat; 09-15-2003 at 11:52 PM.

I'm going to include the map converter code into my next CVS commit.

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

Re: hateplaneb

Originally posted by Mapfiend
    I managed to get hateplaneb down to 393k from 515k just by running it through my converter twice. The only thing that changed is instead of having each line "segment" on a seperate line, it combines consecutive lines that a) are the same color, AND b) have common end points (within 5 units of each other)
    If you loop till no further optimisation can be done, you can still cut down the map more with common points only off x/y=2 and z=1 (see mapping forum, java converter), my Hateb.map is 254k - or we use a different SOE map.

i'm probably doing something wrong but i tried to convert the LOIO map to include the veksar building and it killed the blue outline of the lake..

Awesome job with this patch to incorperate the converter tool.

Can I request a change to it before it is committed to CVS?

While black on black is unreadable, I agree, the bright white that replaces it obscures skittles at times.

On line 717, 718, and 719 of map.cpp change them from 255 to 196 for standard SEQ grey.

~ TK

Thread Information