Thread: Conflicts with QT Libraries

Conflicts with QT Libraries

I have a small problems and I think it has to do with my QT libraries. When CVS was working I never has this issue, but since I have downloaded complete tar balls and tried to compile that way it has not worked.

In the middle of my make I get the following error:
    "/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.3, needed by /usr/local/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so, may conflict with libstdc++.so.5"

After that make just dies. I been working on this off and on for about a month and have not been able to find an answer. I am hoping someone out there has a suggestion of something I can try to fix this.

Superfly

What version of qt libraries are you using? I think it requires 3.05 or better now.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Currently I am using 3.2.0

Superfly

Just an update: Last night I spent the 2 hours it take to Recompile QT and I upgraded to 3.2.1. Then I downloaded the lastest Tarball of SEQ and tried to make it. It still fails with same error. Any help any one can give would be great.

Thanks again

Superfly

From reading the actual error:

"/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.3, needed by /usr/local/qt/lib/libqt-mt.so, may conflict with libstdc++.so.5"
    and going to my trusty rpmfind.net (since you don't state a distro)

libstdc++.so.3 is used by RH7.2 libstdc++3.0.4
    libstdc++.so.5 is used by RH9 libstdc++3.2.2

Sounds like you have a conflict in your system outside or QT.

What version of gcc are you trying to use???

rpm -q gcc returns: gcc-3.2.2-5
    rpm -q gcc3 returns: gcc3-3.0.1-3

As far as distro...Using RH9
    Last edited by SuperFly; 10-15-2003 at 05:32 PM.

Then you just solved your problem

RH9 doesn't have a gcc3 rpm, just a gcc rpm (since the version of gcc for RH >7.3 has been a version of gcc 3.x), you must have picked that up from a previous version of the distro.

So you are suggestion remove the RPM and download the source for gcc3 and try to install it that way?

Superfly

Re: Conflicts with QT Libraries

Originally posted by SuperFly
    In the middle of my make I get the following error:
    This means that you are linking to a version of Qt compiled with an older compiler... And I notice that your path to qt is '/usr/local/qt/lib/' which means it is compiling against version of Qt that didn't come with Redhat 9. The Qt libraries that come with RedHat 9 are from Qt version 3.1 and are located under '/usr/lib/qt-3.1/'.

ShowEQ should compile out of the box under RedHat 9 by simply running 'configure' with no command line arguments. If you are passing in command line arguments that specify the version of Qt to use, stop. If you have put into your /etc/profile, .profile, .bashrc, or elsewhere set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to a different version of Qt, then stop.

Just use the stuff that came with RedHat 9. Their should be no need to compile special copies of gcc or Qt. Your problem appears to be related specifically to your attempts to use stuff that did not come with the RedHat 9 distribution.

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Last edited by Zaphod; 10-15-2003 at 08:43 PM.
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

Thread Information