Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MySeq Client 1.14.0

nothing showing in Mseq

Before the patch everything worked, swapping offsets as needed.

Since then !

I downloaded Slartis version and used his offsets in the txt file.

however nothing shows but a blank screen,

yes I am getting a successful connection to the server, but I am puzzled...

any ideas?

Jus

Blind Aviator - to fix the horse bug problem you need a new server exe. Unfortunately I forgot to change the version number before releasing a new one which causes confusion

Jusmalum - The client expects there to be the following sub directories under the folder where the client resides:

cfg - holds race, class + bodytype info etc.
    maps - holds all your maps.
    filters - holds zone specifc filter files.

If these sub directories are not present the client fails to work correctly, and in one version it fails to generate an error if the maps directory is missing. I tried to prevent this by including a dummy maps directory in the archive, but called it "Map" instead of "Maps" by mistake.

- make sure you have a MAPS directory and the client should work. I will release a new version this weekend that addresses this problem and a couple of other minor fixes.

Think you could add a box to turn on/off the flashing?

Is anyone else still having the problem that I saw some post about way back when 1.13 came out where after a few minutes running smoothly the program just suddenly locks up your computer? Not just the program crashing but a hard freeze where you have to hit the reset button to get out of it?

Was hoping this new version would fix that but it still seems to be happening for me Kind of sucks to still have to use 1.12 when the newer version has some nice features over it... Don't know if it's the Magic Library or what (that seemed to be the biggest change from 1.12 to 1.13).

Con colors are wrong at level 65

I can't check the other level ranges, but at level 65, version 1.14 (Oct 18th) is showing level 49 mobs light blue. This is incorrect, light blue starts at level 50. The strange thing is, the code looks correct (green - 20 & light blue - 15), and this code worked on older versions (like from a few months ago). I can only assume some calculation somewhere is throwing off the con colors by 1 level.

I really like the changes you made to this last version with three different audio files (I haven't tested it yet). And the new TABS in the Option windows, new player colors, etc. Thanks again for the time spent on this program!

Sauron

The new version 1.41.1 has a slight problem with zooming...

If I use the up arrow on the scale to zoom in too fast (rapid clicking) it will crash the client everytime with this error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.InvalidOperationException: Handle is not initialized.
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.GCHandle.Free()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.set_Enabled(Boolean value)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Stop()
    at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownButtons.StopTimer()
    at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownButtons.EndButtonPress( )
    at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownButtons.OnMouseUp(Mouse EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.510
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    System
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
    System.DirectoryServices
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.directoryservices/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.directoryservices.dll
    System.Messaging
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.messaging/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.messaging.dll
    System.ServiceProcess
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.serviceprocess/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.serviceprocess.dll
    System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.data/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.data.dll
    myseq
    Assembly Version: 1.14.1.20907
    Win32 Version: 1.14.1.20907
    CodeBase: file:///D:/myseq/myseq.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
    MagicLibrary
    Assembly Version: 1.7.4.0
    Win32 Version: 1.7.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/myseq/MagicLibrary.DLL
    System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
    application or machine (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
    rather than being handled by this dialog.
    "There once was a lady named Bright who could travel faster than light. She went out one day in a relative way and came back the previous night" - Albert Einstein

New filters?

Is there a way to make filters that work in every zone? I like to have my friends in there so it dings when they are in the zone and cirlces them for me.

Other than that it works great for me, even when zoning (where it used to crash). Love the grid and full screen changes, looks great.

Server 1.09
    Win98

Client 1.14
    Win98 (laptop)

Question cyclic stop response

anyone else having a problem with 1.14 where you get a jerky response from Myseq. had no problems with previous versions. Did the update and now my PC slows down while it's running and the PC stops responding for about 1 second every 5 or so seconds. While this is happening the mouse freezes and keyboard commands don't function. Any ideas?

Hmm several people complaining about speed now, guess i'll have to run the program through the profiler again.
    (I get very slow update speed when EQ + the server runs on my slower machine, but the client still responds to mouse + key inputs.)

NovaUSC - do you run the client + server on the same machine as EQ?
    - Does it happen more often in certain zones? (possibly ones with lots of mobs like Pok or dreadlands)

Blind Aviator - cant reproduce your crash, which is good for me, but bad for you.

sauron - I copied the new con colour values from ShowEQ - but need to change a couple of lines of code it seems

for (c = 0; c < level+greenRange; c++) {
    conColors[c] = new SolidBrush(Color.Green);
    }

for (; c < level+cyanRange; c++) {
    conColors[c] = new SolidBrush(Color.Cyan);
    }

->

for (c = 0; c <= level+greenRange; c++) {
    conColors[c] = new SolidBrush(Color.Green);
    }

for (; c <= level+cyanRange; c++) {
    conColors[c] = new SolidBrush(Color.Cyan);
    }
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 10-22-2003 at 02:52 AM.

Thumbs up slowing down

After posting that article I saw that there was a new release. 1.14.1. I downloaded it and tried it. Also, the server version on your crap website was the same as the one I was currently using so I'm pretty certain I never bothered to download it. This time I did it just to be certain. Now they seem to be working fine. I run Myseq from a laptop while I play on my desktop. The configuration was using version 1.14.0 on the laptop and possibly an older version of the 1.9b server. (If the one on your crap website is in fact different from the one posted on sourceforge.) Now I have the 1.14.1 and the 1.9b from your site and they both work fine. Thanks for the awesome job with the changes made to an already awesome program. On a side note, is there any additional info that can be gotten on LDON objects? Would it be possible to know if a chest/coffin/barrel, etc was trapped?

anyway to have the complete filter list and maps downloadable on your crap site? i know maps are added a lot and there's really no complete link anywhere. u have to download the old maps.zip then get the ldon and poeb (etc) stuff from other threads

Cavemanbob has pretty much a complete set of maps on his site
    http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip
    but check out Deda's LDON maps - they are very nice, but the lines are black so you need to change yer background colour...

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/sh...&threadid=4142

Unfortunately the map archives are very large, so i cannot give open access to them on my freebee site as the bandwidth would get used up too quick.

It would be possible to upload my filter files, however I havent bothered to use this feature much.

I guess I could convert the showeq ones that blueadept has on his website.

That would be fantastic to either convert BA's filters, or allow MySEQ to run those filters natively.

Thanks!

After I finish the round of revisions I'm working on right now (hopefully today), the next thing on my list was going to try and make the linux SEQ filters work natively.

MySeq Client Update Version 1.14.2
    Dated 22 October 2003
    New View Options and minor code cleanup.

myseq_changes_jag111_1.14.2.zip

OK. I finally finished the first round of changes I wanted to make. I've attached a zip file that includes only the files that have changed since Slartibartfast's 1.14.1 version. I also included the AssemblyInfo.cs file with a version of 1.14.2.

- Since Slartibartfast added a Map menu with map specific options, I took the liberty of moving some of the old items in the Options menu that were map specific over to the new Map menu. No functionality has changed with those items, they were only moved.

- Added a Mob List top level menu to go along with the Map specific top level menu.

- Moved some of the items from the Options menu that were Mob List specific into the Mob List menu

- Added Back Color option to the Mob List so users can change the background color of the list.

- Added a Gridlines toggle option to the Mob List

- Changed the Show Mob List menu item to a toggle.

- Added a top level View menu to hold all of the toggle options for Map and Mob List visibility. It currently contains the following:
    Code:
    - View
        - Map
            - NPCs
            - Corpses
            - Players
            - Invis Mobs
            - Mounts
            - Familiars
            - Pets
        - Mob List
            - NPCs
            - Corpses
            - Players
            - Invis Mobs
            - Mounts
            - Familiars
            - Pets
        - All
            - NPCs
            - Corpses
            - Players
            - Invis Mobs
            - Mounts
            - Familiars
            - Pets
    - NOTE: The All sub-menu of the View menu is just an abstraction of the combination of Map and Mob List. So if a toggle is ON in both the Map and Mob List options, it should also be ON in the All options. But if one or both of the toggles are OFF in the Map or Mob List options, it should also be OFF in the All options. Also, explicitly setting the toggle of an All option will set the matching option in both the Map and Mob List options.

- Fixed a bug(?) where spawns on the map would still generate tool-tips even if they weren't being drawn on the map because of a visibility option.

Known Issues:
    - Currently, the "Pets" visibility option only filters out beastlord warders because I couldn't think of a good way to detect player pets with the information we currently process. (Player pets with names like Jibarer, Goboben, etc. that just show up as normal spawns).

Thread Information