Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MySeq Client 1.14.0

MySeq Client Release Version 1.14.2
    Dated 24 October 2003 (jag111's changes plus a couple of small changes)

1) Since Slartibartfast added a Map menu with map specific options, I took the liberty of moving some of the old items in the Options menu that were map specific over to the new Map menu. No functionality has changed with those items, they were only moved.
    2) Added a Mob List top level menu to go along with the Map specific top level menu.
    3) Moved some of the items from the Options menu that were Mob List specific into the Mob List menu
    4) Added Back Color option to the Mob List so users can change the background color of the list.
    5) Added a Gridlines toggle option to the Mob List
    6) Changed the Show Mob List menu item to a toggle.
    7) Added a top level View menu to hold all of the toggle options for Map and Mob List visibility. It currently contains the following:
    Code:
    - View
        - Map
            - NPCs
            - Corpses
            - Players
            - Invis Mobs
            - Mounts
            - Familiars
            - Pets
        - Mob List
            - NPCs
            - Corpses
            - Players
            - Invis Mobs
            - Mounts
            - Familiars
            - Pets
        - All
            - NPCs
            - Corpses
            - Players
            - Invis Mobs
            - Mounts
            - Familiars
            - Pets
    NOTE: The All sub-menu of the View menu is just an abstraction of the combination of Map and Mob List. So if a toggle is ON in both the Map and Mob List options, it should also be ON in the All options. But if one or both of the toggles are OFF in the Map or Mob List options, it should also be OFF in the All options. Also, explicitly setting the toggle of an All option will set the matching option in both the Map and Mob List options.

8) Fixed a bug(?) where spawns on the map would still generate tool-tips even if they weren't being drawn on the map because of a visibility option.
    9) Fixed mob con colours. light blue + blue con colours were out by 1 level after copying the new con code from showeq (< changed to <=)
    10) Added a check to ensure that lines are visible against the background colour. if they are too close in colour to the background, their inverse is used. (works well for most LoY maps, black lines -> white when using a black background).
    Download it from My New Crap Website.

Known Issues:
    1) Currently, the "Pets" visibility option only filters out beastlord warders because I couldn't think of a good way to detect player pets with the information we currently process. (Player pets with names like Jibarer, Goboben, etc. that just show up as normal spawns).
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 10-24-2003 at 04:52 AM.

TOS violations? not good. If you need a permanent home for this, let me know. I have and will donate space you can use for this to get it off of a popup infested webhost.

I'm sure you know how to get my contact info.

CyberT

AngelFire throwing error

Get an access violation when trying to access

But that for posting a fix -- hope to get it soon.

hmmm wonder which Term of service it broke... hmm maybe the haking one, ah or maybe the one that says we are not a fileserver /shrug.

Anyone know a free website provider that wont ban it?

(for some reason i dont want to post it on my isp's webspace)
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 10-14-2003 at 01:22 AM.

<EDIT>
    Attached file Out Of date - get the latest version from the website listed above
    </EDIT>
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 10-18-2003 at 06:04 AM.

<EDIT>
    Attached file Out Of date - get the latest version from the website listed above
    </EDIT>
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 10-18-2003 at 06:04 AM.

Fix looked good

Tried several zones(no LDON) looked solid.

Thanks for the quick response.

much cleaner. well done

1. just noticed a few things. the mouse loc in the bottom left hand of the client shows x and y mixed up. in game itll loc out 100, -100 but itll show -100, 100 on the mseq client. might want to swap those so its consistant.

2. also, our own player name no longer shows up in the player list.. only reason this is important is because once u target something and no longer want to target it.. there's no easy way to get the long following line off of that target and back onto you so u can see a clear map. i just clicked on my own name in the list and it targetted back to me. clicking on my own red dot can be tedious since sometimes theres lots of people around me and i have to enlarge the map enough to get the target back on me.

3. option to turn OFF the seq style loc grid? i like it alot.. but it looks odd when u size the map down enough.. it might benefit at times to have the option to turn it on/off with a hotkey or menu option.

4. the light blue color is almost impossible to read right now. mobs lev 46 and below are blindingly difficult to make out. a new default font maybe? a different light blue color?

5. anyway to add hp/ac/mana to the mouse over option when moving over a PC? i know seq did this at one time and im assuming still does. would obviously need to know what locations in memory need to be sniffed, etc

6. down the road.. MSEQ server minimized to system tray? should be simple to rip tray code off of some snippet site and make the server GUI instead of using a dos window. having it take up a slot in the taskbar makes it look less professional.

good work. each version is looking more and more crisp. hats off to those working hard to make this possible
    Last edited by Midnight; 10-14-2003 at 01:44 PM.

Midnight:

2) to un select a mob click on an empty region of the map.

3) to turn off grid lines use the Gridlines menu option off the map menu.

5) add hp/ac/mana - I dont think you get this information for other players anymore (could be wrong tho)
    Adding some sort of player window was on my list of things to do.

-------------------------

1) I'll put that on my todo list.

4) - I have this on the list of things to do.
    Configuarble con colours for map + listview + configuarble map colour translations.

6) I'll look into that next time i make some server mods.
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 10-17-2003 at 02:53 AM.

Great job on changes.

Things to note.

1. Pressing the + key to zoom in works, but pops up a "Hello World" box each time. Dont remember if the - does same.

Figured out my question so removed it. Thanks
    Last edited by kevster; 10-14-2003 at 03:46 PM.

edit nm found it on ur new Crap page *g*
    Last edited by TheMadMurdok; 10-15-2003 at 12:10 AM.
    And may be the Darkness with us

Couple of issues:

The zip file creates a folder called MAP, but the client looks in MAPS for the .map or .txt files.

Sometimes the client tries to find the maps folder within itself, like this.

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you!

The source + exe are now available here as well:

http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.14.zip
    http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserver-1.9b.zip
    http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip

Good job slartibartfast.

Last edited by cavemanbob; 10-15-2003 at 09:33 PM.

ETA on LDoN and zone revamped maps being added to the seq-maps.zip file? Thank u

Well done... Now that it properly updates for PC > Corpse and NPC > corpse when something dies makes life much easier...

One thing to note now... When you jump onto a mount the client immediately switches your level to that of the mount which turns all mobs red cons...

Other than that one small glitch I have no other complaints right now...

BA
    "There once was a lady named Bright who could travel faster than light. She went out one day in a relative way and came back the previous night" - Albert Einstein

Thread Information