Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MySeq Client 1.14.0

Sorry to have to ask, but I'm getting the following error when I try to compile (both with the free compiler CSC, and the .NET 2003 framework)
    ---------------------------------------

Form1.cs(20,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SocketSystem' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Form1.cs(90,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CSocketClient' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    --------------------------------------
    Here are the lines I am using to compile it using CSC:

path %path%;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.370 5
    csc /out:myseq.exe /target:winexe /reference:magiclibrary.dll *.cs

> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705

At least part of your problem is that you're not using the correct version of the .NET Framework. It requires version 1.1. THe path listed above is version 1.0.

Just as a sanity check, I also just re-downloaded 1.14.1 from Slartibartfast's website, extracted it into a new folder, downloaded my changes.zip file and extraced those files into the 1.14.1 folder. Then I opened up the solution file in Visual Studio and hit Build and it worked just fine.

Nice to see some more people working on the code, makes for a healthy open source project.

I'm glad you plan to look at the alerts, I was thinking of putting in a temporary fix to allow MySeq to load BlueAdepts filters. Was gonna just isolate the name part of the filter, which should not be too hard to do

I don't have much RegEX knowledge so was not looking forward to converting it to do that, so if you want to do that it would be great.

I'll merge your code into my project when I get home + stick a new version on my website.

could someone post a make file or project/workspace file for visual c++ 6.0 ?

Deda,

There are two parts to MySEQ:

1) The server which is a console app written in C++ that basically finds EQ in memory, reads the relavent data, and shoves it into some network packets to be retrieved by the client. And although the project file that's distributed with it is for Visual Studio 2003, it would be trivial to just import the relevent myseqserverc.cpp file into Visual C++ 6.0 and compile.

2) The client which is a windows app written in C# and compiled against the .NET Framework 1.1. This is the majority of the code that processes the data from the server and makes it pretty and viewable for you, the user. Because it's written in C#, there's no way to make a C++ makefile or project file for it. You'll either have to obtain a copy of Visual Studio 2003 or just download the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK which is free from Microsoft.

Ummm MySEQ is written in C# on the .Net platform

I dont know anyway to convert it so it will compile on Visual studio 6 c++.

The project files on my website are for .net 2003, but It is possible to convert the project back to .net 2002 and compile it.
    - I used the project files from cavemanbob's version 1.13, added the SocketUtils.cs file to the project and it all compiled without any problems.

There is a free compiler that comes with the .Net framework, so you should be able to make code changes and recompile without having the .Net development enviroment. I have never tried using the free compiler, but others on this forum have and can probably point you in the right direction.

Originally posted by slartibartfast
    The project files on my website are for .net 2003, but It is possible to convert the project back to .net 2002 and compile it.
    Slartibartfast - I would like to know how to do that. I have .NET 2002 and love looking at the changes, It really helps me learn C# and of course when I get a little more proficient I want to contribute. But I can't afford to upgrade to 2003 at the moment. So if its not too hard maybe you could describe how to take it back down to 2002. Or point me in that direction.

Thanks for all your hard work.
    ~z~

Originally posted by jag111
    > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705

At least part of your problem is that you're not using the correct version of the .NET Framework. It requires version 1.1. THe path listed above is version 1.0.
    I upgraged and used the new CSC -- still got the same errors
    Used the following line to compile as well as .Net 2003:

path %path%;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.432 2

sauron,

as well as .Net 2003
    Double click the MYSEQ.SLN file, the .NET 2003 opens, click BUILD and BUILD SOLUTION.

Done. Run MYSEQ.EXE

I went a little further and created a folder selection ./bin/release/cfg
    Then copied the four files into the new CFG directory from the root cgf dir.

Then pulled the little bar down and choose RELEASE and hit the blue arrow. This allowed me to only have the compiled files in the new ./bin/release/ dir. Then make a maps and filters.

Anyways, its all the same. Maybe I just don't understand what "line" your using to compile...

Sauron is trying to use the free command line compiler for .NET because (I'm assuming) he doesn't own a copy of Visual Studio .NET.

I'm in the middle of trying to figure out a good way to make it easy for non-VStudio users to compile. Currently, I'm looking into an open source project called Nant (nant.sourceforge.net) in addition to some source code posted on USENET that will convert Visual Studio solution files into Nant build files, VS2Nant.

Question Server Space

Unfortunately the map archives are very large, so i cannot give open access to them on my freebee site as the bandwidth would get used up too quick.

How much space do you need?

Originally posted by sauron
    I upgraged and used the new CSC -- still got the same errors
    Used the following line to compile as well as .Net 2003:

Are you sure you have all of the project files, sauron...and not just the changed files in my zip? I just tried that exact command line against my source and it worked just fine.

It is possible to use the Visual Studo 6 to compile both segments, but you will require the .NET runtime installed anyway using custom build settings. I do have a project to do so, but it's currently on my other computer which I cannot access at this time.

Thank you all -- I really appreciate your help. I'm not sure what the problem was, as I could use my compile batch file (see below) to compile the original 1.14.1, but for some reason copying in the changes (1.14.2) caused the error.

But knowing that you said you grabbed the original 1.14.1, threw in the changes, and it worked with my batch file, then I knew I just needed to redownload the start from scratch. And sure enough it compiled with no errors.

Thanks again -- and here is my batch file for those that want to compile this.

I love the changes on the new version that Slartibartfast just posted, but I've noticed it runs REAL slow now. Anyone else notice this? The filter circles seem to work for a sec then go away. Mob movement updates real real slow on mobs that are within 300 range of me even. No other version has done this before so im wondering if there was a change made that i need to know about or if there is a setting i can change to correct this problem. Other then that the changes are very nice and the hard work put in by you guys is VERY much appreciated!

Thread Information