Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MySEQ 1.15.1 on it's way

I will take a look at, pretty strange that 1.15.1 is based off 1.14.1 with a few 1.14.2 features. I will totally remove the 1.14.2 features and take the base engine to 1.14.1 with all the options I added.

I will post the Server Source once I get it to a state that will be stable.

Now I have all day to work on both the Server and the Client so I should make some head way.

I have tested it on a 450 MHz 64 Meg laptop and the CPU ranges from 25% to 80% depending on the zones I'm in. The more Spawns (ie Bazaar, PoK) the more CPU utilizations it uses.

I will get a sniffer out and look at the packets to see if there might be a better way of doing the packets. I do know from looking at the SPAWNINFO structure it is used to send data for everything to the client, which means for a Ground Item (uses like 8 properities) it uses the entire SPAWNINFO just like a regular mob that uses twice as many properties. So by breaking the strucures into multiple areas (GROUNDITEMINFO, SPAWNINFO, CHARINFO) and then compressing that data to transmit we might be able to reduce network traffic which will also reduce the amount of processing on the client, in turn faster refresh on slower computers.

I will be posting the latest source on the site above in a few minutes so we can get some testing in today.

1.15.2 Soucre Code Available

1.15.2 Soucre Code: http://www.geocities.com/mqseq/

I removed the source code that was used in 1.14.2. Tested on a 450 MHz 64 Meg RAM laptop in multiple zones. CPU ranges 20% to 80% dependening on the number of Sapwns.

Possible for you to stick in the compiled .exe for those who don't compile the source?

-Reaver

Wouldn't compressing the data to transmit actually increase the processing time on both server and client because the server now has to compress and client decompress the data before it processes it? Compression seems to me that it would only save bandwidth which, one would think, the user doesn't care about because they're most likely running this on a local LAN.

Splitting up the structures that the server sends to the client sounds more reasonable...though I'm still not sure how much of a savings it would be. Assuming that mobs and players usually consist of 90-95% of the data being sent, it might be more trouble than it's worth.

I guess there's only one way to find out though. =)

Compression is alot faster when it's done in memory. The problem I see here is say there is 1 Meg of data being transfered to the client, that will take x amount of time. Now compress it to 300k in size and it won't take as long to transmit as well as once the data is in memory it can be uncompressed. This woul also cut done on the number of buffers used to store packets, etc.

If you look at the Sample Ini file I posted you see the data information we can get from EQ and send it to MySEQ once the structures are in place. This will take a little bit of time for me to do since I'm not the best in C#.

I will place the .Exe on the site for those who don't have a complier.

some things id like to see:

select on consider (like linux seq) helps to make sure you have the right thing targeted

holding(items) i think you mentioned this, would be a very nice addition

1.15.2 Soucre Code runs very smoothly now. Though the scale isnt on center like 1.14.1

Bob

When you say Select on Con do you mean in EQ selecting a Mob then conning the Mb? If so, this version will select the Mob in MySEQ that you have selected in EQ.

If you are referring to just Right Clicking a Mob in EQ then I will have to look to see if there is something we can trap for via the Structures.

As for the Equipment Mobs are holding I have the structure for it but I need to make major changes then will effect both Server and Client. I'm hoping to have it completed in this next week. What I have to find is a lookup chart for the equipment (ie. Leather, Velium, etc, etc.) I have alot of it, I just need to build the Ini system for it.

When you say Select on Con do you mean in EQ selecting a Mob then conning the Mb? If so, this version will select the Mob in MySEQ that you have selected in EQ.
    Yes like in SEQ. But I couldn't get 1.15.2 to select the target I have in EQ and select the target in MySEQ ... But I also didn't compile, I just downloaded the EXE.. ill compile it Monday and try it cause I couldnt do a Help / About either ...

Thinkingof things SeQ has .. select on consider and target, spawn location logs for loc and times, and held or visible items.

Anyways. Looks great, runs well, good job.

Bob

That did the trick MQSEQ2 ! Average proc useage in the past half hour sitting at about 24%. Runs flawless, and i love the new additions. Good job!

-Mixy!

Yes, the CPU usage is down and running smoothly. When you zoom in now though it zooms into the center of the map instead of the yourself. Small bug tho

Looking great so far now!

-Reaver

The Zoom is not a bug but a feature. if you hit F5 Center on Player then it will follow the player else it will reset the offset to 0, 0. I will modify the offsets to be the actual center of the map vs 0, 0. Give it a try and let me know.

Time to go to work and work on this

Finally had a chance to look at and test 15.2. Thank you thank you thank you for cleaning up the code. I had been meaning to do that for so long, but kept getting caught up in adding features. I'd still like to see some of the larger classes that are still in frmMain.cs like Settings and SPAWNINFO moved out into their own cs files for easier maintenance. But that's trivial.

Sadly, it seems most of my changes have been removed and I'll have to re-add them to my own build at the very least, assuming they don't affect the performance too much. And be assured, I'm really glad the cpu utilization is back down to a reasonable level again. Even at 250ms updates, I only ride at around 30%...and if I bump it up to 500ms, it goes down to 17%.

I've already shoved back in some trivial additions like the spawn list gridlines toggle and the spawn list background color settings.

The next thing I'll probably add back in is the "bug" where tool tips still show up when you hover over a spawn on the map that is not being drawn due to a toggle like NPC's off.

I can appreciate the zoom into center of map being a feature and not a bug, however, why would you want to zoom into the center of the map and not yourself?

I'm just trying to think of reasons why you would want to zoom in, then have F5 to center on yourself.

-Reaver

Thread Information