Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/5 Offsets

ZoneAddr=7838464 seem to work with regular zones as well.. I did not verify this in LDoN now (1:30 am here.. hehe), but if someone will, and post a positive, i think my "theory" below could be interesting.

After taking a look at old working offsets, it seem like the zonename can be in different places, not all working with ldon i guess..
    But one thing that is the same for those that work with ldon is that the zoneaddr is a higher address than the "rest" so to speak.. If you look at the Itemsaddr, charinfo, charaddr, targetaddr.. they all are in the same address space (this time in the 74610xx space somewhere).. And if you look at diff "fixes" from the last 9/10 offsets for ldon, the zoneaddr number was at first a LOWER number than theese, but was later found working with LDoN at a higher address..

And when you compare this with MQ offsets, you find sumtin interesting.. Ie... none of the "zonexx" addresses from mq work at all.. so i guess some manual findings is needed (posted on thread in the general section.. sorry no link for it).

All in all.. if you take the MQ address for "Zoning" and convert this to decimal, then add the number 62000 you are close..
    Fire up your favorite memory viewer, and search for the zone short name, and if you get a hit around that number you got from MQ+62000 you should be getting close

Dunno if this was of some help, but at least i think i am aiming at something here I will see if i get some time to do some memory scanning tomorrow, but if someone wanna test this theory, it would be much welcome.

I will try to look at MQ some for so I can find the Zone offset off the main ZoneAddr address. this is just like the SPAWNINFO structure where you hase the base SPAWNAddr then different offsets for what ever you are looking for.

Originally posted by Midnight
    Loads and works but it immediately crashes the server
    I'm running into this problem as well, using:

[Memory Offsets]
    GroupCountAddr=7454208
    GroupAddr=7454536
    SpawnHeaderAddr=7460984
    ItemsAddr=7460988
    CharAddr=7461040
    CharInfo=7461048
    TargetAddr=7461052
    GuildsAddr=7479052
    ZoneAddr=7838464

[edit]

Hmmm, might not be an offset problem afterall. Tested it with 1.15.4 client against 1.9b server, works fine there. Might be the 1.10 server.
    Last edited by SurfAngel; 11-06-2003 at 03:59 AM.

Looks like the 1.10 server can't run with just the memory offsets.

If I remove SpawnInfo, GroundItem, and CharInfo offset, the client hangs, if I got em all, the server crashes shortly after its started.

/Fidd

same as surf and fidd, with just the basic offsets and hangs. with the full set it crashes

Same

same results as Fidd above me stated

EDIT: However 1.9b runs smooth as silk with latest client aswell.

I have to say ..if MySeg continues as good as it is showing with these latest clients...I may stop using ShowEQ at some point. I do love ShowEQ with a passion and will continue to keep the server updated...but..just one day I may end keeping it up to date.

Nice work to so may of you..mainly the coders...you know who you are.
    Last edited by minigirl; 11-06-2003 at 06:06 AM.

Thanks for the support .

I loved ShowEQ but I have forgotten to much Linux and I just never got into looking at the source code of ShowEQ. I will try to keep the momentum going with MySEQ by adding more options. The cool thing about MySEQ is it's forcing me to learn C# even tho I could have rewritten the project in VB and have it alot future along than where it is now, but it's a community project so we will continue on the same path. I will just have to step up to the plate and learn more C# hehe. Thanks guys for that.

Everyone has done an excellant job (not just developers) with the project. Remember without testers we will never figure out all the bugs. Keep up the good work.

Used 1.10 server and ZoneAddr=7838464 for a couple of hours.. did not notice any hangs or any problems.. Still not tested LDoN tho, but zoned several times around pok, pot, bot, pov.. ++ did not notice any problems.

The 1.54.4 client also seems very fast and sturdy. I like the "targetinfo" box where it picks up what i click at and display info in the myseq window..

just gotta say : Proggers! GREAT JOB!!

banging head on wall

Please let me know what I am missing.

I've done this on both my windows2k machine and my WindowsME machines. (until this last patch I was using myseqclient 1.12 and myseqserverc1.9b)

#1 deleted previously installed myseqclient and myseqserverc folders.
    #2 unzipped myseqclient 1.9b and myseqserverc 1.151, 1.152, 1.152exe, 1.153, and 1.154 folders.
    #3 Unzipped the maps into the myseq/maps folder.
    #4 replaced myseqserver.ini or myseqserverc.ini with latest offsets will list all I have tried below.

After Launching server then client, then clicking "GO" I get the following error message on my Win2k machine...

Could not connect to the server: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or estabilished connectoin failed because connected host has failed to respond.

After closing the server and client, I then ...
    #1 Delete my client folder.
    #2 Installed 1.14 client

When trying to run the 1.14 client, I received the same error message as the 1.154 client.

I then unzipped into the 1.14 client installation the contents of all the folders from 1.151 to 1.154 but again received same error.

I then deleted the 1.9b server installation and installed 1.10 server. Again same error.

Here are the offsets I've tried in ever instance of each installation...

[Memory Offsets]
    GroupCountAddr=7454208
    GroupAddr=7454536
    SpawnHeaderAddr=7460984
    ItemsAddr=7460988
    CharAddr=7461040
    CharInfo=7461048
    TargetAddr=7461052
    GuildsAddr=7479052
    ZoneAddr=7055468

[Memory Offsets]
    GroupCountAddr=7454208
    GroupAddr=7454536
    SpawnHeaderAddr=7460984
    ItemsAddr=7460988
    CharAddr=7461040
    CharInfo=7461048
    TargetAddr=7461052
    GuildsAddr=7479052
    ZoneAddr=7838464

Please help.

*edit*
    I also tried installing 1.14 client then unzipping only the 1.154 folder into it as a friend of mine had done and said it worked for him but I got same error as previous attempts.

Last edited by gmiller; 11-06-2003 at 07:55 PM.

Check your port settings. If you are using Server 1.10 it's in the Ini file. If you are using 1.9b it's hardcoded to 5555. Make sure your Client is using the same port as the Server.

MQSEQ2, are the offsets on the front page the correct ones? Also, is server 1.10 working properly now? Last i tried it crashed immediately.
    Do i have to replace the offsets below the [MEMORY OFFSETS] section to get 1.10 to work? And if so, with what?
    -Des!

I've been getting mixed results on the Server 1.10. I do believe the offsets on the front page are the correct ones. Those should work for 1.9b and 1.10. If you are still having issues with 1.10 try using 1.9b. There not alot of new features in 1.10 vs. 1.9b, I was getting prepared to major changes so I wanted to introduce a smaller converted version before making major changes.

I'm currently rewriting the Server so it will support being a SysTray icon and will introduce the major changes in this version.

Originally posted by MQSEQ2
    Edit the myseqserverc.ini file with Notepad then scroll down to the ZoneAddr line make the change then save the file.

That should do it for you. Once we get the correct settings I will post a new Ini file so everyone can download it.
    Did a .ini file ever get posted? I got crosseyed looking for one, and trying to make sense out of which offests to use.

I have tried several variations of client/server/offsets, but the best I can do is get the client to connect to the server, but no map or spawns. No crashes.. just no data.. kinda leads me to believe my offsets may be wrong.

Could someone confirm a set of offsets, and a client/sever set that works with 98 ?

Much appreciated

Thanks.
    dd

The Ini file is the one for the Server and the offsets posted here should work for you.

If you want MySEQ to work in LDON zones use

ZoneAddr=7838464

- it works for both normal + LDon zones.

All others offsets return a short name like

mmca_262

in LDON zones which will prevent the maps from autoloading.

Thread Information