Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What I've been up to... (aka ShowEQ 5)

timer

something down near the bottom bar..or actually on it (where run speed, EQ time and date and zone location), that has a timer for LDoN missions, the 30mins before entering, the 1.5 hours inside, and the 30 mins after...this info is sent to client no? i posted this in feature requests as well. I just think this would be a nifty lil feature to have.

Also: actually i feel this is more important....i use the spell timer frequently, i'd like to see me be able to display only the spells i cast and time left, also be able to clear it (individually and completely) like the spawn window.

Thanks for your time and effort!
    Last edited by humble1; 11-18-2003 at 03:33 AM.

You can clear spells from the spell list by double-clicking the spell.

You can clear spells from the spell list by double-clicking the spell.
    This is true, but I think I'd still like to see the ability to exclude certain spells from going in the box, as discussed in another thread. Clicking off 25 instances of Celestial Tranquility, for example, after a fight is not enjoyable.

a few recommendations:

search feature in the logging (channel message) window

the abiltiy to right click spawn points, mobs, etc and delete them

option that when a map is found that EQ will not expand beyond its boundries to show spawns (instead just show the spawn at the edge of the screen with a roow indicating its direction off screeen)

instead of a zoom multiplyer, allow zoom by size (ie 200 400 eq units)

Originally posted by Dedpoet
    This is true, but I think I'd still like to see the ability to exclude certain spells from going in the box, as discussed in another thread. Clicking off 25 instances of Celestial Tranquility, for example, after a fight is not enjoyable.
    While we're on the subject of the spell list, I've got two pet peeves that should be easy to fix (I've been meaning to do it for awhile but I just haven't had the time to dig through the code):

* Removal of a spell from the list when it gets refreshed (ie: If I've already got Virtue and somebody refreshes, the original one should be removed immediately instead of keeping both copies with seperate timers)

* Removal of all spells from the list when you die (without checking I can't recall if we've got the opcode for player deaths but we could always just clear the spell list when we start zoning so that it can be repopulated from the buff list received with the new zone info).

Rufus

Originally posted by Rufus
    While we're on the subject of the spell list, I've got two pet peeves that should be easy to fix (I've been meaning to do it for awhile but I just haven't had the time to dig through the code):

* Removal of a spell from the list when it gets refreshed (ie: If I've already got Virtue and somebody refreshes, the original one should be removed immediately instead of keeping both copies with seperate timers)

The only buffs that SEQ seems to have issues with (for me anyways) are the self only buffs. Cast SOW on myself or others and it refreshes the timer for that person.

* Removal of all spells from the list when you die (without checking I can't recall if we've got the opcode for player deaths but we could always just clear the spell list when we start zoning so that it can be repopulated from the buff list received with the new zone info).

Rufus
    I don't like this idea. If it could remove the spell on death, but not on me zoning as that would remove timers that I might be watching (e.g. buffed up outside a zone, like PAW, and then zoned in. Now I only know when my buffs will be gone).

I don't like this idea. If it could remove the spell on death, but not on me zoning as that would remove timers that I might be watching (e.g. buffed up outside a zone, like PAW, and then zoned in. Now I only know when my buffs will be gone).
    Is this true? I thought the buff info was sent every time you zone, just that it's not cleared. You can test this by restarting seq and zoning, or starting it up fresh and logging in. The problem is that they aren't cleared when you die/zone, so the timers stay up even though the buff isn't there anymore. If you cleared it when you zoned, it would just re-populate when it got the new data, and if you had died and had no buffs, it would be empty. Right?

Originally posted by monklett
    I apologize; that post sucked. I shouldn't have flashed it out before bed. What I actually had in mind was log file support for Xylobot and other 3rd party apps.
    I won't be adding specific support for macroing programs. If you wish to create macros that need specific knowledge about the internal state of EQ, then I suggest you use MacroQuest. In recent months MacroQuest appears to have been quite stable (since the return of Plazmic). It is only slightly more detectable then Xylobot, anything running on the same physical or virutal machine as eqgame.exe is detectable. Don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise.

Originally posted by humble1
    something down near the bottom bar..or actually on it (where run speed, EQ time and date and zone location), that has a timer for LDoN missions, the 30mins before entering, the 1.5 hours inside, and the 30 mins after...this info is sent to client no? i posted this in feature requests as well. I just think this would be a nifty lil feature to have.

Also: actually i feel this is more important....i use the spell timer frequently, i'd like to see me be able to display only the spells i cast and time left, also be able to clear it (individually and completely) like the spawn window.

Thanks for your time and effort!
    Better support for LDoN missions would be a good thing, and if I or someone else can find the appropriate opcodes and structures to support them I'll see about adding that support. I'm not planning on going out of my way to find those bits of data right now though.

You currently clear individual items from the spell window, just double click on the item you wish to remove. As far as providing a manual way to clear it completely, I can see adding that.

Adding filtering for spells sounds like a distinct possibility. It would be a lower priority item on my rather large todo list though. It would definitely help if more people were submitting code or offering assistance rather then just suggesting additional work.

Originally posted by Circles
    a few recommendations:

search feature in the logging (channel message) window

the abiltiy to right click spawn points, mobs, etc and delete them

option that when a map is found that EQ will not expand beyond its boundries to show spawns (instead just show the spawn at the edge of the screen with a roow indicating its direction off screeen)

instead of a zoom multiplyer, allow zoom by size (ie 200 400 eq units)
    A search feature for the message window is already in the works (The message handling and message window are in the process of being completely redone).

You can already right click on spawn points and delete them. I'm not sure what the utility of right-clicking and deleting individual mobs would be. If you are just trying to hide that particular mob, just add it to the Filtered filter.

I'm not sure what the point of not expanding the maps would be? If it is only prevent the odd map compression/expansion/blow up, whatever you choose to call it where a spawns location is misinterpreted, then I'd say the best way to solve that is to fix the misinterpretations. There are many maps that are incomplete and don't show the entirety of there zones, so at best I feel that such a feature would be of limited utility.

As far as zooming by a specific size, that would require changing some core logic in how zoom handling is done throughout that map code. I'm not about to tackle that problem at this juncture.

Originally posted by Rufus

Rufus
    The first part should work, but occasionally doesn't. That' just a bug that needs to be fixed, feel free to submit a patch. I may or may not find the cause during the other work I'm doing.

The second part mainly applies to spells cast upon your toon, but you shouldn't have it globally clear spells that you cast upon someone else when you zone. That would make the spell list next to useless for buffing caster classes.

Is this true? I thought the buff info was sent every time you zone, just that it's not cleared. You can test this by restarting seq and zoning, or starting it up fresh and logging in. The problem is that they aren't cleared when you die/zone, so the timers stay up even though the buff isn't there anymore. If you cleared it when you zoned, it would just re-populate when it got the new data, and if you had died and had no buffs, it would be empty. Right?
    The point they are trying to make is that they are trying to track the buffs they cast on others. That info is only sent when the buffs are initially cast upon the other person. The only buffs received when you zone are those cast on yourself.

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Last edited by Zaphod; 11-20-2003 at 03:52 PM.
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

Originally posted by Zaphod
    The first part should work, but occasionally doesn't. That' just a bug that needs to be fixed, feel free to submit a patch. I may or may not find the cause during the other work I'm doing.

The second part mainly applies to spells cast upon your toon, but you shouldn't have it globally clear spells that you cast upon someone else when you zone. That would make the spell list next to useless for buffing caster classes.
    D'oh! Would you believe that I didn't even realize that the spell list also tracked spells that you cast on others? I guess there's a reason they don't let us warriors cast spells. So yes, only your own personal buffs should be cleared from the list on zoning.

I'll see what I can come up with for a patch for these two items.

Rufus

I'm not sure what the point of not expanding the maps would be? If it is only prevent the odd map compression/expansion/blow up, whatever you choose to call it where a spawns location is misinterpreted, then I'd say the best way to solve that is to fix the misinterpretations. There are many maps that are incomplete and don't show the entirety of there zones, so at best I feel that such a feature would be of limited utility.

Im not sure if my idea would be easier then fixing the problem or not. What about the ability the Drag a box over the map area to set a ''filter'' of sorts. I.E. Dont decode any data outside of box area. You could drag it over the map area or if you are in a larger zone on a slow PC you could just drag the ''filter box'' over the area you are concerned with. Not sure if this is a good idea or not. Just a idea that I thought of.

Adding filtering for spells sounds like a distinct possibility. It would be a lower priority item on my rather large todo list though. It would definitely help if more people were submitting code or offering assistance rather then just suggesting additional work.
    I truely wish I was a wizard with the code as much as you are Zaphod then I could actually try my idea's out and make more of a difference here.

Originally posted by Reason
    Bazaar tracking. /nod/nod =)

Min/max/ave/trends stuff like that. plz.
    Oh please, who hasn't written that themselves already... ;-)

What I do want to do is start dumping bazaar search results to a file, so that I can add that to my log file analysis, but that's about all I'd need to add to my current tracking. I'll be releasing my bazaar management stuff as open source at some point (basically awaiting code cleanup now), which includes trend analysis, graphing, bzr_*.ini file generation, graphing, etc. My database hase somewhere around 4000 validated prices now (validated meaning I've seen enough data-points that I feel confident in the pricing). I'll announce it here when it reaches non-alpha status.

Originally posted by perlmonkey
    Oh please, who hasn't written that themselves already... ;-)

What I do want to do is start dumping bazaar search results to a file, so that I can add that to my log file analysis, but that's about all I'd need to add to my current tracking. I'll be releasing my bazaar management stuff as open source at some point (basically awaiting code cleanup now), which includes trend analysis, graphing, bzr_*.ini file generation, graphing, etc. My database hase somewhere around 4000 validated prices now (validated meaning I've seen enough data-points that I feel confident in the pricing). I'll announce it here when it reaches non-alpha status.
    Sweet! I can't wait!

Dophaz: As a note, SEQ v5 does not have the fedora issues I reported in SEQ v4. Nots ure if it's the new QT or what, but it works. Compiled with -no-xft

Request for addon to version 5

My first suggestion is to have the ability to move anything you do no want docked on the main window (ie. secondary maps, message box, exp window, combat window) to another workspace.

This is a little further out there but may be easier to accomplish. I would like to be able to place an audible alert on some spells before they expire.

I hope these suggestions entertain you and thank you for all your hard work.

Pet request

I currently play a beastlord, I often pull and I often mistake my pet as a mob It would be nice to be able to set certain NPC to different colors, like pets, shopkeeper, bankers.

Thread Information