Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEVS: Locating offsets - part 2

It really is a nice program. Just so everyone knows, you don't have to buy it to use it for finding offsets. It does add alot of bells and whistles if you do though.

out of range?

i have tried to get offsets on my own.
    it is not working very well for me because at the top it shows each process as having a beginning and an end (around 004 to about 04)...

the charinfo call address points to an 06 address, which is out of range of the process.... which is probably why i cant find it when i use my name as the search term.

why is mine out of the range of the process? how would i go about searching it?

You can't use my Dynamic numbers because they are Dynamicand may not be the same on your machince.

Try jumping to the 7518120 Address to find your Character Dynamic Address location. Remmebr the 4bytes are in reverse order.

Quick question. Why do you use
    at 15:00 /interactive "C:\Program Files\WinHack v2.00\WinHack2.exe"{Enter}
    ?

I just run winhack normally and I have no trouble finding the offsets.

Old No Name

You must be running Win98/ME. In the NT/XP line of OS's they protect the memory from each process. If you can launch WinHack without the AT command and can see the eqgame process then the AT command is one less step for you to do.

WinHex won't work for me. At least, it won't work on Test/Beta servers. It doesn't even show testeverquest as a possible process to analyze. It's just about the only thing missing out of the list, though.

/boggle

Doesn't matter if I run a scheduled task or not.

The reason it's missing in the process list is because you are running Win NT/XP and these operating systems uses secure memory locations so that multiple users can be on the system without seeing other peoples memory space. They also prevent one application interferring with another process, for example in the old 16 bit days if you ran MS Word and Excel at the same time and say Word crashed, you would have a 98% chance that Excel would crash too.

Now for you to get WinHex to work on your system so it can see all the running processes you must set it up to access the memory at the System Level access by using the following command:

C:\WinHex>AT 20:00 /INTERACTIVE "C:\WinHex\WinHex.exe"

See the original post to get more details on how to use the AT command.

Question

This is how they made those eq trainers back in the days right? Like the speed movement one and stuff right? =)

yep, it's very easy to do.

Kinda weird that they are easy to do and you cant seem to find any on the net=/

You got to know where to look at on the net. try HF. They have alot of them.

=) sweet, thanks

Spawn List?

First, I'd like to say that your tutorial is excellent and very well thought out.

I'm just beginning with memory editing myself although I have a fairly strong programming background and have one question. I've been browsing around in eqgame.exe's memory via WinHack and can find my character's information just fine.

The problem I encounter is when I try to find any entry on the npc spawn list. I know that they're in there somewhere because I have MySEQ running and the spawn list is accurate ... but when I search for, as an example, the ascii string "Iramai" and my character is in Plane of Tranquility I come up with nothing.

I know I must be missing something obvious but can't figure out what.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

booty

Thread Information