Thread: User Guide

User Guide

I've been runnin SEQ successfully for a few weeks now, reading as much as I can in the FAQ section, and looking at comments within SEQ itself. I'd really like to dig into SEQ and realize it is more than just a pretty map.

After unsuccessful searches for "user manual", "user guide" and other references to types of documentation, I reluctantly decided to ask in this section. So to all you SEQ experts who put up with so many dumb questions, is there a kind of "overall" users's guide that covers the use of SEQ?

There is no user manual, just the install guide, FAQ and forums.

Re: User Guide

Originally posted by calzon65
    I'd really like to dig into SEQ and realize it is more than just a pretty map.
    Well that is pretty much what SEQ is, just a glorified map with spawn locations.

These are what I use it for:
    - You can have it notify you of rares or specific mobs (now that Im 65, it doesnt really matter to me much unless my guild asks me to check on a mob).
    - You can use it to find what classes your group mates are without trying to remember what the hell an "Arcanist" is and/or what class they are if they are roleplaying.
    - Locate quest npcs in cities and such.
    - Spell window is pretty usefull, but I mainly use an on screen timer for my spells.
    - locate mobs in level range for my twinks.

I really miss the the XP window with the correct results. /finger Sony for screwing us on that.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Code:
    /usr/local/bin/showeq --help
    That will give you some options to play with, nothing spectacular though.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Thread Information