Thread: How do you tell seq to...

How do you tell seq to...

Ignore a specific port? I'm using teamspeak and I get tons of spam like this :

Warning: INVALID PACKET: Bad CRC32 [192.168.0.128:8767 -> 192.168.0.179:32784] seq 0200 len 24 crc32 (4f610100 != 607da321)
    Warning: INVALID PACKET: Bad CRC32 [192.168.0.179:32784 -> 192.168.0.128:8767] seq 0100 len 20 crc32 (b10f0c0e != 2c0dedf4)

I've done some searching but apparently I'm using the wrong keywords :/

Any ideas?

Unfortunately there isn't really a good way at the moment. The ability to filter out certain ports would have to be added in.

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

I'm currently trying to figure out a workaround for this...

Any help is appreciated

A quick work-around would be to enable session tracking. Otherwise, you'd have to find every place showeq sets the libpcap filter and change it to exclude the ports that teamspeak uses.

Thanks for the reply(s).

I am going to look at the code myself, but in the mean time, what is session tracking? What was or is its purpose (i'm going to be lazy on this one and not search )?

Thanks.

You'll find the "Session Tracking" option in the network menu. The point of this feature is that it should "lock on" to a single session of EQ if you are running multiple sessions on a single PC. This keeps Seq from switching which session it is monitoring, since multiple sessions would be coming from the same IP address. This is the first time I've seen it suggested that it might help ignore packets other than EQ data, so I'm not sure if it will work or not, but it's worth a shot. Post your results here if you could, as I'm sure there are several people out there who would like to be able to run other things on their network while using Seq. P2P utilities, in particular, don't make Seq very happy.

Session tracking doesn't work for me..
    Last edited by rucool; 02-21-2004 at 03:05 PM.

It doesn't work for you as it's intended to work for you, or it doesn't work for filtering out non-EQ packets?

Originally posted by rucool
    It actually worked for me. Took a while but at least the few times I go back and look at the console output, it isn't spammed.

Just adding my issues with Invalid packet.

I get this constantlly while SEQ is running

PHP Code:
    WarningInvalid PacketBad CRC32 [192.168.1.1:1900 --> 239.255.255.250:1900seq 5449 len 351 crc32 (0d0a0d0a !- 93997ade
    192.168.1.1 is my DSL router box.

Anyone know how to either filter out or fix this problem?

I have the same thing.. And in my newbness i actually thought it was bad crc on the data <> SoE, but as i was explained on irc yesterday, it is typical spam from Windows boxes that causes this..

Dont know how to prevent that without setting some kind of packet filter in linux firewall perhaps.. cos i have more than 1 machine behind my router... all xept the SEQ box runs windoze of course :P

Now.. denying packets from the adress of the router would be a bad thing.. and but perhaps configuring some kind of "known ports" udp filter or whatnot perhaps? As it seems to pick up on the general udp broadcast windoze boxes are so well known of doing.. heh..

Have not tried the session tracking option tho, so i will try it to see if it reduces this spamming.

Same with Kazaa

This also happens with Kazaa and sometimes it will cause SEQ to completely crash out. I did find somewhat of a work around.

I made an icon on the desktop that ran SEQ without a terminal window, of course, you will not have a terminal window up to see all this garbage that gets thrown out and I have noticed that it help SEQ to crash less often from these packets of junk.
    Confucius Says:
    He who posts without searching first; shall be flamed the worst!

session tracking did seem to help tho.. As it will not monitor "random chatter" but keep monitoring only the EQ box.

Thread Information