Thread: Odd invalid packet/seg fault question

Odd invalid packet/seg fault question

Hi all.. been using seq a long time and recently switched to 5, one thing i have noticed is that in the terminal im running in im getting thousands of "Warning: INVALID PACKET: Bad CRC [iport] seq 9c4a len 104 crc32" usually different values but in that format...

If i start like emule it goes nuts and segfaults with no error at all.. just a seg fault msg... it looks like seq is trying to decode every packet it sees not just eq packets.. my question is, is this a setting problem? or perhaps another problem im missing?

P.S. i did search before posting. hope i didnt miss it.. and sorry bout the bad sentence structure... bad habit

Re: Odd invalid packet/seg fault question

As long as SEQ works its fine. I get those errors.. SEQ is a packet sniffer, so it will come across network traffic it does not understand.
    If you dont want to "See" those errors, just open showeq from run instead of a terminal window. It will run faster anyways.

well i wouldn't mind cept it makes it seg fault if i run any other network intensive programs no biggy thanks though

session tracking

I've noticed the same problem and it apears to come from IPv4 services and a specific IP address on the internet. Does anyone know of a way to remove this address or another address from the SEQ sniffing?

Check this thread. There are some directions in there for excluding undesired network traffic, or including only traffic to the EQ servers.

Thread Information