Thread: How Hard...

How Hard...

How Hard would it be to make ShowEQ also use the MySEQ-Server? Would be nice if when things go bad like this if we could use it in "MySEQ-Mode".

Just wondering being at one time SEQ was using a keysniffer at one time.

Re: How Hard...

I read over on the mq2 boards that the opcodes are changing on the fly or something like that. Think its going to be pretty tough to decode them with out the client information. But then again I only have a limited understanding of the whole thing so take this post with a grain of salt

That seems to be the case. Purple confirmed that. Trust me, he is diligently working on finding a solution to the problem.

There are so many ways to break SEQ. So far, every time they have, a solution was found. Hopefully some way will be found to get it working again.

In the past, they used to mess with the encryption from time to time, then it was changing op codes. Now it seems to be a random op code pattern.

Having a client reading from the memory of the host pc doesnt make SEQ passive any more and really defeats the purpose of it. When SEQ had a key sniffer, it lead to the creation of MySEQ. Personally I do not think putting a client on the pc to grab the needed info is the right way to go (unless there is no way around it). If you cant do without SEQ, you can at least you can use MySEQ.

Does MySEQ run under wine? If so, you could even keep the same linux machine to run it. I have never run it, so I am not very familiar with it.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

I know, I have been around awhile. I was just thinking it would be a nice option to have it have a fallback mode being offsets seem easier for the MySeq side of things.

I tried to get wine working a while back but did not have luck, but that was a long time back when wine was still sorta new. Maybe I will give that a try when I get time.

I guess I can blow away Linux and load up Windows, but I really don't want to do that. MySEQ works, but it's just 'different'. The SEQ interface is just neater..or something. I really like the Linux SEQ.

Thanks for working on this, good luck!

Purple,

If you need to bounce ideas off anyone you might want to start a thread. I'd bet there are some old time lurkers that might be helpful, or just full of ideas.

Thread Information